[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

The wings don't appear to be working under FAR, and I suspect that it's because the colliders are not solid. Please, always make colliders solid, convex (and marked as such in Unity), and with 255 faces or less. If you need anything that doesn't fit those specifications, you can always divide it up into multiple colliders.

Thank God somebody else noticed that, I was worried I had forgotten how to build a plane

I thought my mk 2 design required slightly excessive AoA for level flight for an x-15 lookalike. Good to know that it's not the design itself. Still loving the pack K. Yeon. I think I may have to get a new RF config though seeing as some (most) of the K-related parts are hollow now; the large amount of fuel that they have is currently rather overpowered (considering the tanks appear to only be Mk 2 sized with the hollow structural interior).

The wings don't appear to be working under FAR, and I suspect that it's because the colliders are not solid. Please, always make colliders solid, convex (and marked as such in Unity), and with 255 faces or less. If you need anything that doesn't fit those specifications, you can always divide it up into multiple colliders.

I dont use FAR mod and wings dont work at all..dont lift dont move do nothing ...a, do i need to use FAR mod to make this mod work !? :D

I dont use FAR mod and wings dont work at all..dont lift dont move do nothing ...a, do i need to use FAR mod to make this mod work !? :D

I haven't looked specifically but I believe they should work in stock aero.

I haven't looked specifically but I believe they should work in stock aero.

damn it..this was because a conflict with another mod

I deleted all mods, keept only module manager and Firespitter and now work :((((((((

EDIT:

now it's work like a charm, great mod..wonderful mod!

Edited by GERULA

Yeah the wings seems to provide less lift than expected. But the colliders are set up properly like you said. Could you try this out? go to OPT/mm_config/OPT_FAR_VOXEL_OVERRIDE.cfg and add

@PART[opt_wing_a]:AFTER[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
@MODULE[GeometryPartModule]{%forceUseMeshes = True}
}
@PART[opt_winglet_a]:AFTER[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
}
@PART[opt_winglet_b]:AFTER[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
}
@PART[opt_winglet_c]:AFTER[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
}
@PART[opt_stabilizer_a]:AFTER[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
}

at the end. It seems my FAR aircrafts gained more lift but the FAR reference area hasnt changed at all so its unconfirmed if it works or not...

I've tested that and I still have the lift problem. :(

I'll keep using other pretty cool OPT parts with B9 procedural wings :D , but OPT wings are awesome, I wish I could use them.

I have found the mod that broke wings to this mod in my game

its this one [1.0.4]MK2 Cockpit Expansion Ver. 1.1

inside the AoA folder you should see a FAR.cfg. REMOVE IT.

after that the CoL should return to normal AND wings should work with AoA. idk why may be a old FAR cfg file.

btw i got it working this way. i had same problem.

My control surfaces on the wings don't seem to work right. How can I fix it?

could be the same mod... check if you have this mod installed:[1.0.4]MK2 Cockpit Expansion Ver. 1.1 if you do then there's a .cfg file inside "FAR.cfg" if you remove it it should work.

Edited by AntiMatter001

First you have to tell us what exactly are wrong with them.

If I try to pitch, roll and/or yaw they aren't moving at all and in the SPH they're not showing the options for yaw/roll/pitch and deployed or not.

- - - Updated - - -

after that the CoL should return to normal AND wings should work with AoA. idk why may be a old FAR cfg file.

could be the same mod... check if you have this mod installed:[1.0.4]MK2 Cockpit Expansion Ver. 1.1 if you do then there's a .cfg file inside "FAR.cfg" if you remove it it should work.

EDIT:

Oh you mean the whole .cfg. okay thank you.

Hey there K.Yeon. Your mod is actually the reason I made this account.

I'm absolutely loving your mod, parts are awesome, and you can do so much with them.

I have found some bugs though, and I'm not totally sure if you have addressed them all.

1) If you try to put a Docking Port on the node for the K size cargo bay, It doesnt snap, and just slides around, and because of this, trying to connect it to another docking port wont work either.

If I remember/find any more I'll post here again :D

Edit 1: I remembered another bug, it has to do with the inline docking port for J size ships. When you take out the part, it automatically opens, and neiter of the toggle buttons works to close it, rendering it pretty much useless.

Edited by Celonic

Great update. However I'm playing with Real fuels and all the parts seem to have really low volumes, some examples:

-J 4m fuel tank has volume on 16kL when a 4mX2.5m tank has 19.6kL even though the j tank is clearly bigger. (25kL for j tank seems more reasonable)

-the 7m j to k adapter has volume of 25kL when 7mX2.5m tank has 34.4kL (my suggestion would be 60kL for the adapter)

-probably a mistake but the 6m k tank has the same volume as the 4m j tank, 16kL, 6mX2.5m tank has 29.5kL and the k fuel tank can fit 3 of those inside it so the volume should be at least 90kL

BoYNiAB.jpg

So in short i would roughly double all the volumes and fix the k fuel tank to 90kL

edit: My edited RF config https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsza2ijhjy34550/OPT_RF.cfg?dl=0

Edited by Roikkeli

I'm sad to see the Valkyrie shuttle cockpit go, but I'l still giving this a whack in tandem with Nert's Mk4 dev release.

Oh and BTW, your landing gear were so much cooler than the stock ones. You should consider adding some of that back in.

Thank you, that solved the problem.

This is one of the best part packs for planes ever.

Thanks!

Great update. However I'm playing with Real fuels and all the parts seem to have really low volumes,

edit: My edited RF config https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsza2ijhjy34550/OPT_RF.cfg?dl=0

This is probably due to i never used realfuel :P Thanks for the config file ill be sure to update with that!

I'm sad to see the Valkyrie shuttle cockpit go, but I'l still giving this a whack in tandem with Nert's Mk4 dev release.

Oh and BTW, your landing gear were so much cooler than the stock ones. You should consider adding some of that back in.

The shuttle cockpit is putted away mostly because it required two pieces :( I see the landing gears i made are far inferior to the adjustable landing gears. I made them quite awhile ago aswell.. If i ever add them back in the future ill probably remake everything and add the adjustable modules to them! but that's unsure for now.

hey a quick question on OPT, is it compatible with interstellar?

No... i haven't seen the interstellar techtree yet, but other than the techtree all the parts uses stock module so it shouldnt interfere with interstellar.

WIP Update:

I was playing ksp today and i realized the J cargobay couldn't really carry 2.5m parts! and i remeber a long time ago someone suggested to scale the J parts up by 10%. After some thought i decided... It is time to remodel and re-texture again! This will probably going to take some time again, but the j parts will be 2.8m height by 5 meters wide compare to current 2.5m height by 5.1 meters wide.

The current texture i think have too much panel lines so i will be reducing them to a much simpler look with better detailed model.

This is the two parts i finished so far:

The j cockpit's window size reduced, and a slightly more sleeker body. And the J fuelTank, since the j fueltank always had extra space so i thought why dont i integrate it with a crew tank? All the OPT parts holds less fuel than it's actual volume suggested because if it holds as much fuel as it could, it would be too heavy to fly.

eCofDhd.png

Edited by K.Yeon

Thanks!

This is probably due to i never used realfuel :P Thanks for the config file ill be sure to update with that!

The shuttle cockpit is putted away mostly because it required two pieces :( I see the landing gears i made are far inferior to the adjustable landing gears. I made them quite awhile ago aswell.. If i ever add them back in the future ill probably remake everything and add the adjustable modules to them! but that's unsure for now.

No... i haven't seen the interstellar techtree yet, but other than the techtree all the parts uses stock module so it shouldnt interfere with interstellar.

WIP Update:

I was playing ksp today and i realized the J cargobay couldn't really carry 2.5m parts! and i remeber a long time ago someone suggested to scale the J parts up by 10%. After some thought i decided... It is time to remodel and re-texture again! This will probably going to take some time again, but the j parts will be 2.8m height by 5 meters wide compare to current 2.5m height by 5.1 meters wide.

The current texture i think have too much panel lines so i will be reducing them to a much simpler look with better detailed model.

This is the two parts i finished so far:

The j cockpit's window size reduced, and a slightly more sleeker body. And the J fuelTank, since the j fueltank always had extra space so i thought why dont i integrate it with a crew tank? All the OPT parts holds less fuel than it's actual volume suggested because if it holds as much fuel as it could, it would be too heavy to fly.

http://i.imgur.com/eCofDhd.png

That was me that mentioned part scaling, I think. Another thing that would be useful that I mentioned before is a part X to part X (self to self) adapter - e.g. a J to 1.25x or 1.5x J, same principle as 2.5m to 3.75m round adapter. Then you can have REALLY huge cargo bays... bwahahahahahaha!

Hey Yeon, love your work. Looking forward to the scaled up J.

Any luck with cargo bays shaking to death? Stock bays don't do this when parts are clipped into them, but the J and K bays do.

The ship snaps calm when the bay ends its animation, so you can toggle it open and closed quickly upon launch. But in the case below it caused RUD faster than I could press anything.