[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Is that what First Class looks like?

(I want to say that it doesn't, but.... I've never flown first class and never even SEEN the inside of First Class so I readily admit that I may not know what the heck I'm talking about...)

A particularly classy first class (American 'first class' is Economy with Leg Room). Though normally they don't have kraken-print upholstry.

I wonder if the lack of a portrait problem could be solved by compartmentalizing the IVA. For example, have pilot and co-pilot in the actual modelled IVA as shown in their portrait, while the others can have the black box portrait, which should still allow for clicking the IVA/EVA buttons.
Is there a way to make the game do that? Because it seems right now you either have to have to have enough seats or no seats to get IVA/EVA buttons to work for the entire crew. That's why I'm suggesting putting any extra required seats in a box behind or below the cockpit IVA wherever it will fit, rather than messing with an IVA that's already complete.
Or it can be solved by adding seats to the IVA.
If there is room in the IVA for those seats, in the K model shown there doesn't look like there would be space unless that rear bulkhead was further back.
A particularly classy first class (American 'first class' is Economy with Leg Room). Though normally they don't have kraken-print upholstry.
Well Classy to the point of space wasting opulence, so I'm not thinking First class as much as Executive Class or something that would be catering to the disgustingly rich.

The IVAs do look cool but I'm seeing a potential problem in that there are only 2 seats in the cockpit, unless you plan on having an additional area for other crew.
I wonder if the lack of a portrait problem could be solved by compartmentalizing the IVA. For example, have pilot and co-pilot in the actual modelled IVA as shown in their portrait, while the others can have the black box portrait, which should still allow for clicking the IVA/EVA buttons.

Yes there will be a cabin area for those large cockpits so all kerbals will show in the portraits

â–¼the k cockpit and it's cabin, saidly the low res texture looks pretty bad closeup :( but ill leave it for now since they dont have function yet. When i have extra time ill turn the screens into cams

xamaBhw.png

Yes there will be a cabin area for those large cockpits so all kerbals will show in the portraits

â–¼the k cockpit and it's cabin, saidly the low res texture looks pretty bad closeup :( but ill leave it for now since they dont have function yet. When i have extra time ill turn the screens into cams

http://i.imgur.com/xamaBhw.png

Good lord the level of Awesome never ends. Will you be including RPM support at some point?
You know, all these aircraft fuselages (not just yours, but everybody's) are all passenger-airliner setup. I really would like one day to see one set up for long-term habitation (with beds and stuff).
One could envisage those seats opening out into a full bed, there certainly seems to be room for it. In fact on looking closer at it, K. Yeon's little hutch idea, while too extravagant for airline flights, might be ideal for something more extended. You don't need a bed when you're not sleeping, so having a bed that folds away or is part of another type of furniture makes sense, and you would need something more than just a bag tied to the ceiling if you want to sleep somewhere that has more than microgravity. Edited by M_Ouellette

http://i.imgur.com/xamaBhw.png

Oh god, luxury spaceflight. Its glorious

Oh god, luxury spaceflight. Its glorious
I suddenly have this image of a pen floating in Zero G next to a Kerbal sleeping in one of these hutches while another kerbal is slowing walking up the aisle in velcro slippers all while the Blue Danube is playing in the background. Edited by M_Ouellette

I suddenly have this image of a pen floating in Zero G next to a Kerbal sleeping in one of these hutches while another kerbal is slowing walking up the aisle in velcro slippers all while the Blue Danube is playing in the background.

Now if only this IVA could allow them to be non spacesuited

BgGRrEr.png

Is going to be 1 or 2 month before i can spend time on modding again, so heres OPT test release v1: https://www./?74krl6sirrk61k9

Is includes most of what ive done so far, and there are things that are not yet finished.

But i have completed it at a state where is pretty stable and without bugs. (not FAR compatible)

If you dislike imcompleted work, you can simply wait abit longer because it will be done:)

But if you are want to be a early test pilot for these parts you can now!

DO NOT use this pack with OPTV1.7 because it will mess up alot of things.

So you should installed it to a separate KSP directory (or backup your current game)

Installation delete old 'OPT' folder, and just drop the GameData folder into your ksp directory

-Firespitter.dll (plugin) is now included with the download again, as well as MM 2.6.7

-All OPT parts have their lift and mass and fuel autobalanced (tell me if you think any parts are not balanced)

-There are now 4 Fuel Switch tank options: Empty, LF, FULL LFO, HALF LFO and Balanced

-New textures and new models on many fuselage parts

-added some IVAs

-J and K fuselage models are remade to fit 2.5m and 3.75m parts.

-J and K crew modules

-the explode on runway bug should be fixed.

-RAM useage is pretty big currently

-no experimental cargo bays

-only few IVA implemented

If you have a suggestion or question heres a list of things already planned:

-RPM support

-IVAs for all crewed parts

-support for CTT, CLS, RF, FAR

-reduced texture pack with .dds format

-revamp wings

-RCS block

-jxwb(they are not added yet because of some animation bugs)

-j twin rocket

-j, k experimental cargo bays

-jQS cockpit

-j, k adaptor plate

-j-k adaptor (no attachment point)

Otherwise PM me because is likely i miss the forum posts.

But if you have nice pictures feel free to post up for everyone to see!

And Big thanks to

Zachary T

SiMin Y

Jason M

Michael A

for a total donation of $60!

Im currently saving up for a desktop to replace my laptop,

so your contributions will be put to good use on more future mods or even videos!

See you guys in november/december!

(this work is licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA)

Edited by K.Yeon

Is there any way to get fuel tanks to drain evenly so as not to upset the CoM?

If you are talking about "ari_engine",you can use this MM patch:

//this patch is for 1.7 
//it works the same for "dark drive"

@PART[AAengine]:AFTER[OPT]
{
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
{
@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]
{
resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
}
@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]
{
resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
}
}
}

It'll drain evenly from all fuel tanks,but smaller tank will be empty faster than big one.

If you whant yor COM to stay the same,than you should consider about ading mod like TAC Fuel Balancer.

EDIT:I found out,that there are many typos in ver. 1.8.For example,"ari_engine" is missing these lines:

name = AAengine
module = Part

Edited by sebi.zzr

Is there any way to get fuel tanks to drain evenly so as not to upset the CoM?

The PROPELLANT node inside the MODULE node for the engine needs to have a line that says resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW. Don't edit the part config file directly, make a Module Manager patch that does it. If you're not sure how, let me know

Edit: Oops Sebi posted while I was typing. His suggestion should do it.

@K.Yeon

The config file for the Mk2 turboramjet is malformed with a mismatching bracket count. Not sure where the missing one is. I think it's an extra } after the ModuleLiftingSurface block because that engine lacks a functioning gimbal even though one is defined in the config. (extra } is also just in front of gimbal section so that's where the parser thought the part config ended)

Mismatching bracket counts can be fairly easily solved by using the Atom editor with the Kerbal config grammar I cooked up. I'm using that to clean up my files while going through the RealPlanes pack. Load atom, install the 'kerbal-config' package, load up the config in question, select the Kerbal Space Program Config syntax (if it didn't already - click the 'plain text' down in the corner, type 'kerbal' and select it from the list), then select all, and hit ctrl+shift+p for the command list, type 'auto indent', and choose the command that shows there.

Atom also in general is a good editor for writing configs and MM patches. You have questions about it, I have a post in the tools board about the grammar. I'll try to help.

So I've played a bit with the current versions of BDArmory and this mod and I'm wondering: is there any chance you could bring back the drop tanks? I realized they would make a perfect complement to BDArmory. More so now that KSP v1.0.x utterly changed how atmo flight works compared to v0.90. I can't (hyper) cruise all over Kerbin in a large fighter anymore.

If you don't want to support that part now, do you think that part from older versions of the mod will still work? If I recall, it was just a normal tank with a decoupler module and surface-only attachment? (Though I think it didn't have crossfeed... but that's want plugins are for.)

I don't like to discard anything from my SSTO designs, but for BDA fighters and such, I don't care quite as much. Plus, those tanks looked nice.

-revamp wings

Hi! I'm currently trying your mod, it's close to pretty awesome. The only thing that is missing is working control surfaces on the wings and winglets. It doesn't make any sense for them to be there if they are not working in the first place. Maybe this has been addressed before, however I just don't have the time to read 20 pages to try and find it (sorry). I was so happy when I was building the plane and so disappointed at launch.

So, if it has been answered before, can you please answer again in a few words? If not, are you considering getting them to work? Maybe this is what you mean by revamping?

Cheers!

Hi! I'm currently trying your mod, it's close to pretty awesome. The only thing that is missing is working control surfaces on the wings and winglets. It doesn't make any sense for them to be there if they are not working in the first place. Maybe this has been addressed before, however I just don't have the time to read 20 pages to try and find it (sorry). I was so happy when I was building the plane and so disappointed at launch.

So, if it has been answered before, can you please answer again in a few words? If not, are you considering getting them to work? Maybe this is what you mean by revamping?

Cheers!

If you're having trouble with OPT control surfaces, you should specify which ones because I've used several myself and all of the ones I've tried so far are working just fine.

The plane below only uses OPT control surfaces/wings except for its rudder

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Cheers!

If I'm not mistaken, OPT still requires that you have the latest version of the Firespitter plugin. You may want to check that you have that, and that it's in proper working order. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas. All of the wing control surfaces work fine for me, at least in V1.7. Hope this helps! :)

Now, on to new business: I've tried out V1.8 test, and I LOVE the new Phoenix cockpit! Ahem, note the bold letters in 'Phoenix', there. It's misspelled in the part configs, descriptions, etc. Just saying, K.Yeon. :) Anyway, the only problem I had with 1.8 was the fact that, no matter what I tried to fix the problem, I was missing the textures on exactly ONE (1) part: The new 'K' cockpit! And dammit all if that wasn't one of the parts I wanted the most! Grrrr! :huh::wink: I looked at the config files six ways from Sunday, and I can't figure out why the part shows up as solid shiny black in the editor, everything looks right in the configs, and all of the texture files are where they're supposed to be in my GameData OPT folder. Weird! So, anyway, I just reverted back to 1.7 for now, it's not a huge issue for me. I did, however, import the Phoenix cockpit into my current OPT folder, though, I have to have that one now!

Which reminds me, K.Yeon... would you PLEASE stop removing/renaming OLD parts in favor of NEW parts that you add in your ever improving quest to provide us with utterly awesome spaceplane components, PLEASE!?!?!? I, as do I'm sure many others, REALLY LIKE pretty much EVERYTHING you've created to date, and I don't want to keep losing those older parts every time you come out with newer versions. I'm not saying you have to leave their part names the same, if you want to call them something else for the purposes of restructuring your file hierarchy, or whatever, that's fine, I'm not talking about save-breaking, I can live with that. What I mean is, I just want to still have the parts SOMEWHERE in my inventory, that's all! :D Got it? I realize that your new 'J' profile is completely different than the previous one, and so is the 'K' profile, etc., but as long as you keep the naming conventions consistent within each iteration of that part category, i.e. 'Old J', or 'Legacy K', whatever, and if you keep them grouped together, I don't think that too many users will get confused as to what goes with what.

Anyway, just a heartfelt request from a fan, and my 2 cents as well. :)

Later, all! :D​

If I'm not mistaken, OPT still requires that you have the latest version of the Firespitter plugin. You may want to check that you have that, and that it's in proper working order. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas. All of the wing control surfaces work fine for me, at least in V1.7. Hope this helps! :)

The wings/winglets/control surfaces are using the appropriate stock modules for aerodynamics. Not having Firespitter would have zero impact on the control surfaces.