[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

can someone post the Config file for MK4 space planes to get OPT wings to work? ive searched that entire thread and i too have that issue and im searching for a work around because both part packs complement each other perfectly for what i do. basically same issue where OPT wing control surfaces do not work or show any options in the VAB nor any controls launching them.

can someone post the Config file for MK4 space planes to get OPT wings to work? ive searched that entire thread and i too have that issue and im searching for a work around because both part packs complement each other perfectly for what i do. basically same issue where OPT wing control surfaces do not work or show any options in the VAB nor any controls launching them.

There are 2 files in the OPT>mm_config Folder. Ones called OPT_FAR and the other is OPT_FAR_VOXEL_OVERRIDE. Delete them. I've been having the same problem as you after I tested the 1.8 version. Spent a good couple of hours trying to find out what was wrong with the wings (I love the OPT wings) and I just tested it after deleting the 2 files and it works fine.

Ok HUGE question for you guys: In the OP with the imgur album and in this fine little space craft, how do I mount the engines and intakes under wings or on the sides of a ship? I think I am missing parts, as the file (downloaded from Kerbal Stuff) is also missing the SPH and VAB ships that the author(?) made. As far as the engine mounting, in the fore-mentioned album, pictures 1, 4, and 6 are what I am looking for.

Also inigma, your download file says it has invalid parts and KSP asks me to delete it every time I try to load it in the SPH. I want to use your ship, its so cool! I am using 1.0.4 or whatever, the newest version of KSP.

EDIT: I dont even have the same adorable cockpit part as your Jumpstar :(

Thanks for any help you guys can provide. Fly Safe!

Well my first impression: AWESOME MOD!

My second impression: AWESOME MOD!

My third impression: AWESOME MOD!

http://i.imgur.com/6UManMZ.png

http://i.imgur.com/Cieml9T.png

OPT Jumpstar Download: http://www./download/lj32s0p88i8s7vx/Jumpstar.craft

Not sure how to use it. It really goes.

Edited by Victorsaurus

Ok HUGE question for you guys: In the OP with the imgur album and in this fine little space craft, how do I mount the engines and intakes under wings or on the sides of a ship? I think I am missing parts, as the file (downloaded from Kerbal Stuff) is also missing the SPH and VAB ships that the author(?) made. As far as the engine mounting, in the fore-mentioned album, pictures 1, 4, and 6 are what I am looking for.

Also inigma, your download file says it has invalid parts and KSP asks me to delete it every time I try to load it in the SPH. I want to use your ship, its so cool! I am using 1.0.4 or whatever, the newest version of KSP.

EDIT: I dont even have the same adorable cockpit part as your Jumpstar :(

Thanks for any help you guys can provide. Fly Safe!

You can mount the intake / engine on the stock Mk2 spaceplane fuselage parts.

Hello,

love the mod,

small question:

The J-fueltank 4M clearly says it's available in multiple fuel tank versions,

but I only seem to see the Ox+liq version, and the right click menu does not give the "next fuel version" option.

Tested with clean win KSP + OPT, downloaded from kerbalstuff and curse to be safe

You can mount the intake / engine on the stock Mk2 spaceplane fuselage parts.

I am trying this now, but when I mount the Mk2 fuel tanks to the side of the body it doesn't look right. If I mount it under the wing I have to rotate the fuel tank, which causes it to be bisected by the wing and that's obviously not good. Same thing happens if I try to mount the OPT J-61 engine with the OPT ramjet intake, only these two parts wont even try to stick to anything because they need prior mounting points. What am I missing, is there a part I need to put under the wing? Its quite frustrating because I've had this issue with this mod since it was released. And that sucks, because the only alternative is B9 which is 99% junk parts and hasn't been updated in forever. I also cant get the J-61 to even connect with the green ball to any Mk2 fuselage. Ahhhh!!! Rage and destruction!!! The parts on this mod look so awesome and are so useful but me and it are just not on the same page.

Edited by Victorsaurus

I am trying this now, but when I mount the Mk2 fuel tanks to the side of the body it doesn't look right. If I mount it under the wing I have to rotate the fuel tank, which causes it to be bisected by the wing and that's obviously not good. Same thing happens if I try to mount the OPT J-61 engine with the OPT ramjet intake, only these two parts wont even try to stick to anything because they need prior mounting points. What am I missing, is there a part I need to put under the wing? Its quite frustrating because I've had this issue with this mod since it was released. And that sucks, because the only alternative is B9 which is 99% junk parts and hasn't been updated in forever. I also cant get the J-61 to even connect with the green ball to any Mk2 fuselage. Ahhhh!!! Rage and destruction!!! The parts on this mod look so awesome and are so useful but me and it are just not on the same page.

Don't mount it directly to the wing. Mount it to the fuselage that the wing is attached to. Or maybe use pylons. And rotate as needed.

Yeah maybe you should inform yourself better. B9 has been updated to 1.04. There hasn't been an official release of this because Bac9 isn't around, but it has been maintained nontheless.

Yeah maybe you should inform yourself better. B9 has been updated to 1.04. There hasn't been an official release of this because Bac9 isn't around, but it has been maintained nontheless.

Where at? Curse and KerbalStuff dont have it. I'm only finding the B9 Procedural Wings for 1.04. Hey if I cant use cool space planes from OPT or B9 I can always go Russian with KW. You can never have too many giant rockets :)

This is silly but I was using 1.7, instead of 1.8 version of OPT. I'm not much of a forum user, so I miss stuff like that lol. Hold on, going to try out the mod now... I'll try the B9 in a while but I think I found it. The version released on 25/10/2015-ish?

http://imgur.com/a/2LuNf

Ok, here's my test shuttle. No cool lights from B9, no adjustable landing gear, I did a clean install. I am having trouble getting the pilots out of the cockpit, says there's no hatch? Oh well not a big deal yet, as I haven't figured out a big use for space planes yet apart from dropping cargo (prototype bases and habitats) from the air. Thanks for your help ya'll! I will keep working with the mod and learning this stuff.

[quote name='Tomato29']Hello,
The mod isn't working for me; it adds only the engines without particles.
Any ideas to make it work?
thanks[/QUOTE]

Try this version: [url]http://www./download/74krl6sirrk61k9/OPT1.8test.zip[/url] I have been having trouble with this mod pretty much always until I downloaded from here.

Yep that one works
Thanks a lot, this mod is awesome :)

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hey one thing that I think should be added is tail J-cargo bay, It would be really cool :)
Anyways keep up the good work, this mod is perfect!

[quote name='teamyoyo']There are 2 files in the OPT>mm_config Folder. Ones called OPT_FAR and the other is OPT_FAR_VOXEL_OVERRIDE. Delete them. I've been having the same problem as you after I tested the 1.8 version. Spent a good couple of hours trying to find out what was wrong with the wings (I love the OPT wings) and I just tested it after deleting the 2 files and it works fine.[/QUOTE]

Going to test it when i get home from work. Hopefully it works. Havent tried the new update 1.0.5 yet so might be double failure... lol hopefully not

[quote name='Tomato29']Yep that one works
Thanks a lot, this mod is awesome :)

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hey one thing that I think should be added is tail J-cargo bay, It would be really cool :)
Anyways keep up the good work, this mod is perfect![/QUOTE]

I agree, that would be really nice. I've made a couple of really neat SSTO's, one of which worked great, the other may or may not need the infinite fuel cheat :p One thing I like to do now is send a rocket up at 200K with a big spare fuel tank so my craft can refuel then go to the Mun or Minmus. Still working on going to other planets...

[quote name='K.Yeon']
Is going to be 1 or 2 month before i can spend time on modding again, so heres [B]OPT test release v1[/B]: [URL]https://www./?74krl6sirrk61k9[/URL]

See you guys in [B]november/december![/B][/QUOTE]
Welp. KSP 1.0.5. dropped and I'm pretty sure the thermodynamics broke this mod. Now my spaceplanes are going to be sad. First B9, now this? Are there any other large spaceplane part mods that [I]don't[/I] stop updating quickly? Edited by Shinji-The-Kerbonaut

[quote name='Shinji-The-Kerbonaut']Welp. KSP 1.0.5. dropped and I'm pretty sure the thermodynamics broke this mod. Now my spaceplanes are going to be sad. First B9, now this? Are there any other large spaceplane part mods that [I]don't[/I] stop updating quickly?[/QUOTE]

Shinji just get in the damn rocket! But really everything does update too quickly for my liking.

[quote name='Shinji-The-Kerbonaut']Welp. KSP 1.0.5. dropped and I'm pretty sure the thermodynamics broke this mod. Now my spaceplanes are going to be sad. First B9, now this? Are there any other large spaceplane part mods that [I]don't[/I] stop updating quickly?[/QUOTE]

B9 has basic compatibilty with 1.0.5, just go grab it from blowfishs repository. The link is in my signature.

OPT works just fine with 1.0.5

If your experiences are different and you have a specific problem then state your specific problem. Edited by Starwaster