[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

[quote name='Neutrinovore']FWIW, and to add my 2 cents, OPT 1.7 works great with KSP 1.0.5! In fact, it seems that my OPT-based spaceplanes flew even better than they did in 1.0.4, more stable and responsive to controls at the same time. :D[/QUOTE]

See 1.7 is what I had a problem with, but 1.8 works AMAZINGLY! I'm wondering if its not a machine-specific thing? My problem wasn't aerodynamic related but more parts not working correctly, or the world model not attaching parts correctly, causing part flapping(?) even with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement.

[quote name='sashan']When will you update the cargo ramp to use new code? My planes always sit low like the real ones, and the ramp makes the plane rise off the gears...[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the entire ramp needs remodeling. I patched the opt ramp and it's not enough. The way it unfolds just isn't right. There's no where in the animation to stop it that looks good and it collides with the runway if it's too low.

[quote name='Starwaster']Pretty sure the entire ramp needs remodeling. I patched the opt ramp and it's not enough. The way it unfolds just isn't right. There's no where in the animation to stop it that looks good and it collides with the runway if it's too low.[/QUOTE]
I should ask nertea if i could use his module adjustable cargo ramp once the remodeling is done.
Anyway, this dev continues! Heres a sneak peak at engine remodelling: top is the ARI engine, in the middle is a new 2.5m engine (probably runs on dark goo?) and the original dark drive with better model and hopefully better texture.
I haven't made any progress on naming these engines because im not good with acronyms so feel free to suggest any names. But you dont have to suggest name that must be a acronym because im thinking of naming the large one 'Lotus' because of the look
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/R2K1ueL.png[/IMG]
There are still quite alot to be done but ill be allocating most of my time this week working on this mod so optimistically OPT should be at release status at end of this week! And hopfully it will fit right into the new forum's add-on release section :D
Another thing i want to mention: many of you probably tried the 1.8 test version, in my opinion the bulged K fuselage for some reason doesn't look as good as the flat version. I can't explain why but it just doesn't feel right. Even it's very useful carrying 3.75m stuff but i decide to revert to orginal K fuselage. I want to prioritize look over function :P. But for those who already gotten use to the bulge, don't worry ill link it as optional download so you could have both.
Lastly, ill keep the number of cockpits of OPT down to 3, 3 for each type:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/z9VItzV.png[/IMG]
Yes thats the design of each cockpit i FINALLY decided to use... The reason for this change is i want to keep the OPT MAIN files as lean as possible, i will use 4096x4096 sized texture for maximum efficiency so the whole mod should stay under 50mb. But again, ill add the other cockpits as extra downloads.

On the design of the k cockpit above, i kind of made it a continuation of the j cockpit, you can see the resemblance. I decided on this design because it gives a very 'space plane' look, also even k fuselage is very bulky this cockpit makes it look streamlined and it's cockpit will give a much better IVA view. Overall It just feel fit much better with the OPT pack.
edit: And yeah, when they light up they will create this smily face every time XD

Thats all for now! Edited by K.Yeon

[quote name='K.Yeon']I should ask nertea if i could use his module adjustable cargo ramp once the remodeling is done.
[/QUOTE]

AFAIK he's using the stock animation limiter. ModuleAnimateGeneric now takes arguments to limit how far it opens

[CODE]
allowDeployLimit = true
revClampDirection = false
revClampSpeed = true
revClampPercent = true
[/code]

Also, it has layer, which you should set for the docking port part. layer = 0 for one, layer = 1 for the other (lights, docking port) so that they can both animate without one stopping the other or causing the other to revert.

[quote name='Starwaster']
Also, it has layer, which you should set for the docking port part. layer = 0 for one, layer = 1 for the other (lights, docking port) so that they can both animate without one stopping the other or causing the other to revert.[/QUOTE]
ok thanks! thats awsome news for modders!

On 23/11/2015, 00:15:26, K.Yeon said:

...But you dont have to suggest name that must be a acronym because im thinking of naming the large one 'Lotus' because of the look....

I understand you are thinking of the flower but there is a joke acronym for Lotus, the automobile brand....

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.

Could be fitting for an engine.

Edited by Manwith Noname
Aaaaah, soring out old lost quote format...feels better.

[quote name='K.Yeon']I should ask nertea if i could use his module adjustable cargo ramp once the remodeling is done.
Anyway, this dev continues! Heres a sneak peak at engine remodelling: top is the ARI engine, in the middle is a new 2.5m engine (probably runs on dark goo?) and the original dark drive with better model and hopefully better texture.
I haven't made any progress on naming these engines because im not good with acronyms so feel free to suggest any names. But you dont have to suggest name that must be a acronym because im thinking of naming the large one 'Lotus' because of the look
[URL]http://i.imgur.com/R2K1ueL.png[/URL]
There are still quite alot to be done but ill be allocating most of my time this week working on this mod so optimistically OPT should be at release status at end of this week! And hopfully it will fit right into the new forum's add-on release section :D
Another thing i want to mention: many of you probably tried the 1.8 test version, in my opinion the bulged K fuselage for some reason doesn't look as good as the flat version. I can't explain why but it just doesn't feel right. Even it's very useful carrying 3.75m stuff but i decide to revert to orginal K fuselage. I want to prioritize look over function :P. But for those who already gotten use to the bulge, don't worry ill link it as optional download so you could have both.
[URL]http://i.imgur.com/z9VItzV.png[/URL]
Yes thats the design of each cockpit i FINALLY decided to use... The reason for this change is i want to keep the OPT MAIN files as lean as possible, i will use 4096x4096 sized texture for maximum efficiency so the whole mod should stay under 50mb. But again, ill add the other cockpits as extra downloads.

On the design of the k cockpit above, i kind of made it a continuation of the j cockpit, you can see the resemblance. I decided on this design because it gives a very 'space plane' look, also even k fuselage is very bulky this cockpit makes it look streamlined and it's cockpit will give a much better IVA view. Overall It just feel fit much better with the OPT pack.
edit: And yeah, when they light up they will create this smily face every time XD

Thats all for now![/QUOTE]
Oh god, he returns.

And here I've been trying to play without part mods...

I love your mod.

BTW do you know the deffinition of terrifying.....

How about a 140 ton space plane doing 1400ms (3,355 miles an hour) Before even hitting the outer atmosphere :D. Think I need to work on my assent haha.

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561403599[/url]

On the ground ready for takeoff.

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561403643[/url]

135 tons accelerating at an alarming speed. (Bob looks like he just did something nasty to show his view of the situation)

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010325397/screenshots/[/url]

Into space....Hay Bob why the main engines not working........Doh forgot the fuel lines haha...oh well.

One thing I have noticed. The Radiators dont seem to work with the new parts. Im having to really hold back with this ship/plane or else it just incinerates itself (1400ms in the atmosphere regardless of how many radiators i put on it lol)

Oh and can we get two BIGGER wings. same style you have, one with the flap and one without. Would really help the part count. (Those wings REALLY don't like being offset into anything :( The big ones that is )

[quote name='K.Yeon'] But again, ill add the other cockpits as extra downloads.[/QUOTE]

Great to have you back K.Yeon. So that means the Phoenix cockpit gets properly finished right, because that one is absolutely awesome and needs to be finished.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/R2K1ueL.png[/url]
[url]http://i.imgur.com/z9VItzV.png[/url]

Thats all for now![/QUOTE]

Cool stuff, and providing the other parts as optional downloads is also great, so everyone can assemble OPT the way he likes it.
I like the new 2.5m engine, it looks quite powerful and futuristic. Having it running on Goo sounds not so good to me, might be too op then. Naming it, hmm "Cage" due to its outside cage around the engine?

As a Fan of the J parts, will there be 8m and/or 2m sections, to have more storage room, or use the 2m part as mono tank.

48 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Yeon, I love the old K version, but I also love the new one. Is there any way to just make it the new L line and add them?

Both 'pits are nice in their own right and it would be shame to abandon pretty much completed part, along with much more aerodynamic-looking bulged K fuselage.

Also, are there any plans to add service bays or service compartments? Adding entire cargo bay section for several small parts like RTG's is kinda wasteful.

On 11/23/2015, 12:15:26, K.Yeon said:

[quote name='Starwaster']Pretty sure the entire ramp needs remodeling. I patched the opt ramp and it's not enough. The way it unfolds just isn't right. There's no where in the animation to stop it that looks good and it collides with the runway if it's too low.
I should ask nertea if i could use his module adjustable cargo ramp once the remodeling is done.
R2K1ueL.png
z9VItzV.png

Thats all for now!

I don't really like that K cockpit... i love the one in the current test version!

It's not really a problem having extra cockpits in the pack, anyway -- I don't think anyone's complained about it!

As for part descriptions -- I'll be back at home in just over two weeks, so I can finish them off then.