[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

11 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Adds more parts/textures = more ram. I just patch he cfg for it to have level 3 SAS and done. Free kerbal taxi :)

Not everyone is as skilled as that; that's not a very compelling reason to be so dismissive of someone's feature request.

And there's several solutions around the texture issue. There's room for optimization and reuse of texture sheets. The impact is pretty negligible.

On 10/20/2014 at 7:20 PM, K.Yeon said:

============ LEGACY DOWNLOADS ============

WvTSgaI.png

Q: My previous save from Version1.69 broke after this update

A: you can download the legacy pack to get those old parts back

Reveal hidden contents

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Is the legacy pack really coming soon? I miss the old parts and i also need them to update some of my crafts. the link doesnt work

Don't hold your breath making suggestions or looking for the full release. We've heard nothing from K. Yeon since mid January, so it is unknown if he is ok or is simply too busy to continue with this. Considering both the elapsed time and the complete lack of contact, this could possibly be an abandoned mod.

I guess we can only hope that K. Yeon will return to it, or that someone else will pick it up and complete it.

Awesome mod! I like it! However I have some question and sugestions.

Questions:

What is the most efficient way to use Schramjets? Oh and reegarding these engines, I love when they kick in second mode! I remeber first time when I uesed them waiting and looking when they will switch to second mode and provide more power as described and sudenlly my plane is on fire hahah. Just awesome!
Those engines that look tinny and do that whizz strange sound I forgot their name what is theri main purpose and usage? By looking at the data they seem more like some atmospeheric engines bcs of high ISP and less space engines plus in desription I only see max. thrust for atmosphere nothing regarding the space.

Sugesstions:

Docking port and modules would be nice.

Crew compartments for K parts.

Maybe some more types of air intakes?

To sum up this is awesome mod good models ( I can see IVA in future that will be great) and those engines are nicely modeled with custom flames and sounds love them!

1 hour ago, Jimbodiah said:

Every mod is broken, maybe some parts work, but a lot is not.

Plugins are broken, yes, but I'm using part only mods with absolutely no issues, with the exception of landing gear. I'm just using the firespitter version from roverdude's mods, and fuelswitching works fine.

Edited by lagcity613

Probably won't get updated, a lot of modders haven't been round since Jan or Feb. In KIS/KAS's case there was more than one person working on it so there'll be an update but this mod as far as I can tell is going to die for a few months.

Wow. And you can tell this based on the fact the author does not post every month?

Especially considering the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License and the high interest it generates i highly doubt this mod will die. If K.Yeon lost interest i am confident somebody else will pick this up.

Edited by Vrana

Well going from frequent contact to no contact at all since mid January isn't a good sign. He could just have been waiting until 1.1 is released, but a working version of that has been released and still no word so........

Not saying that is the case here, or that indeed K.Yeon will ever be coming back (unless someone spoke to him we have no idea one way or another), but i do know at least one author who isnt touching his mod until 1.1 moves from "working" to actually released.

Yesm, but this author released the 1.8 test version (with missing parts) and never came back to finish it or integrate with the other 1.7 parts. So the impression is this mod was abandoned, having nothing to do with KSP 1.1. Maybe K is just busy IRL, we don't know.

Alright, I just re-read this entire thread. (and for some reason many of your under-post quotes... I can't go past them apparently)
At least until a working version of 1.8 happens along, I am going to revert to an older version for the sake of attempting to insert a 3tn object into Low Martian Orbit (LMO) .

Anyone out there using RSS And this mod? How does it work for you, am I wasting my time? Which Version should I use?
-Pyke

17 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

Yesm, but this author released the 1.8 test version (with missing parts) and never came back to finish it or integrate with the other 1.7 parts. So the impression is this mod was abandoned, having nothing to do with KSP 1.1. Maybe K is just busy IRL, we don't know.

The reason 1.8 was 'missing' parts is because it wasn't a full package. The way it was intended to be used was on top of 1.7, except that he also changed some part names which makes it desirable to manually delete the duplicated parts. It's not really an optimal way to have gone about things but the way it needs to be installed is

OP say's that's not so

Edited by Starwaster

@Starwaster @M_Ouellette @Jimbodiah @ ...everyone who is interested in this mod...

Hi guys, I must apologize for dropping out on this mod so suddenly. I been really busy irl, after graduation i thought i was free, but i received a job offer over seas, and i been oversea ever since.

I only brought with me my working laptop (more like a tablet), so I really don't think ill be able to find the time to work finishing the iva and other parts for this mod again until November...even that i cannot guarantee. I really feel horrible to come so close to finish this mod but didn't. I also noticed 1.1 is finally getting released soon, i don't know how much can i do with only tinkering with the cfg files...hopefully it wont require me to do anything.

The 1.8 test release if i remember correctly had no bugs in 1.05. So ill just renew the dl link using dropbox. The problem with this version is lack of parts from previous version, and lack of mod supports.

Since November is such a long time, i guess you can just assume this mod is abandoned till then. So i will be uploading the .blend file and .psd texture files available for modders to download if they wish. I can't upload the unity assets (like fx particle effects, colliders and airlock/ladders) because i don't have the unity files with me. But any experienced modder would know what to do.
Ill include as much documentations as possible so people can understand my messy work, and ill put the links in the front page once this is done.

Edit: To correct Starwaster, the 1.8 wasn't intended to work with 1.7 because the fuselage size was different. And it also may cause bugs because some cfg file may have different name for the same part name. so yeah.. dont install together.

Edited by K.Yeon

It's a relief to know you're ok K, sorry to see you won't be able to work on this mod for a while, but real life is far more important so best of luck there and thank you for any info you can provide us.

seaces 1.7 had a complete set of parts but 1.8v04 is probably the most refined in functionality as well as having a larger selection of wing surfaces. How well that will work with the changes made in 1.1 is anyone's guess.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:03 AM, seaces said:

OK so which version is better now to use 1.7 or 1.8?

23 hours ago, M_Ouellette said:

It's a relief to know you're ok K, sorry to see you won't be able to work on this mod for a while, but real life is far more important so best of luck there and thank you for any info you can provide us.

seaces 1.7 had a complete set of parts but 1.8v04 is probably the most refined in functionality as well as having a larger selection of wing surfaces. How well that will work with the changes made in 1.1 is anyone's guess.

1.7 is a complete set of parts, as M_Ouellete states. If you want uniform vessel designs that have complementing parts, 1.7 is the way to go. It's the most "complete" version overall.

1.8 was a step in the overhaul process K.Yeon started. The fuselage pieces were revamped completely. (Made thicker/"chubbier" to accommodate standard payload sizes properly, so to speak: Neo-J can haul 2.5m parts and the Neo-K does 3.75m.)

Personally, I'll probably do a selective combination of 1.7 and 1.8 parts. 1.7's completeness and designs I always liked. 1.8's redesign I wasn't a big fan of: partly because of the new dimensions, partly because of the new textures. (Which look incomplete compared to 1.7. They have a flat matte look whereas 1.7 and older had a more polished shine to them, kinda like Porkjet's Mk2 designs.) On the flipside, 1.8 has new, MASSIVE wings to complement the J and K designs. Though at the same time, I liked the winglet designs from 1.7 as well. (They were PERFECT for compact Mk2 designs. I had a wonderfully fun Stunt Jet I made using those wings. It looked sleek and handled very well.)

1.7 and 1.8 are mostly mutually exclusive due to the cross-section changes. (Basically a repeat of the changes that happened between SpacePlanePlus being a mod and it becoming a Stock design. Evident if you ever used the pre-6.0 versions of B9 Aerospace.)

I thankfully still have copies of some of the previous parts. If K.Yeon doesn't kind (which he doesn't seem to), if I'm able to finish up any edits of mod as a collective (i.e. some Frankenstein of a mix), maybe I'll post a version up somehow, someway. I'll be using KSP 1.0.5 until 1.1 is official though. The changes in 1.1 shouldn't affect OPT too much (I don't think any OPT part use module highly modified by 1.1). There are the dependencies like IFS, but that's out of scope for this mod.

I was hoping for better news, but this is still something. Now I have actual motivation to start editing OPT part for my own use without constantly thinking they'll be obsolete in a month because, "Oh, OPT update!" (Managing my own change versus new updates sucked. I never came up with a system to manage anything I edited, so they usually got wiped during updates unless I remember.)

Best of luck to you, @K.Yeon!

To everyone else, I'll post any changes I make here for the time being. OPT is essentially on life-support mode until either K.Yeon gets back in on it (in NOV) or someone else restarts active development. (I'm no modeler, designer, or texture; the latter is not happening with me.)

Edited by StahnAileron
Correcting a statement