[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

8 minutes ago, Steel Dragon said:

if you get a chance can you drop an updated version (so we see what is already sorted and the file names) and can help test parts for you?

Uploading a snapshot of my OPT folder now. Also reading a very Kerbal book - "The Sixth Continent", by Issui Ogawa, about a construction company that will build "anything, anywhere" - the Sahara, Antarctica, the Himalayas, or even the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, who get a contract to build the most insane project ever - a hotel/wedding palace. On the Moon. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70565045/KSP/OPT_1.8plus_v3.7z

Link may take a couple of minutes before it activates, the upload is taking a while. I miss my fiber connection...

Edited by Winchester

11 minutes ago, Winchester said:

Uploading a snapshot of my OPT folder now. Also reading a very Kerbal book - "The Sixth Continent", by Issui Ogawa, about a construction company that will build "anything, anywhere" - the Sahara, Antarctica, the Himalayas, or even the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, who get a contract to build the most insane project ever - a hotel/wedding palace. On the Moon. 

Link may take a couple of minutes before it activates, the upload is taking a while. I miss my fiber connection...

LOL at the fiber,

thanx for the update I'll test the parts as best i can doing rocket launches. no option for a runway with no working wheels lol.

Ok on a quick look in sorting by cross section:

J-Type is great sorted perfectly
I, K, and L have issues:
I-Type shows basicly every part in KSP for some reason
K-Type Shows MK2 and MK3 parts along with OPT parts
L-Type Also shows some of the parts from the Planatary Base Mod (A popular mod)

it looks like we need a new naming system as you said in the past I agree with
OPTA (Current J-Type)
OPTB (Current K-Type)
OPTC (Current L-Type)
OPTW (OPT Wing Sections)

Just an idea to help with sorting while building ships. Being able to have all the same or attaching corss section in one sorting is very nice.

12 minutes ago, Steel Dragon said:

Ok on a quick look in sorting by cross section:

J-Type is great sorted perfectly
I, K, and L have issues:
I-Type shows basicly every part in KSP for some reason
K-Type Shows MK2 and MK3 parts along with OPT parts
L-Type Also shows some of the parts from the Planatary Base Mod (A popular mod)

it looks like we need a new naming system as you said in the past I agree with
OPTA (Current J-Type)
OPTB (Current K-Type)
OPTC (Current L-Type)
OPTW (OPT Wing Sections)

Just an idea to help with sorting while building ships. Being able to have all the same or attaching corss section in one sorting is very nice.

Very strange. In the latest version I posted, I have the i folder with basically everything in it, and two different Mk2 and Mk3 folders (because I've been dumb and used a capital M for Mk2 and Mk3 in a couple of parts cfgs), but other than that every part is exactly where it's supposed to be - in folders labeled opt A, opt B, opt I, opt J, opt K and opt L. Are you sure you're using the one I just uploaded?

Yes I have the one you just updated I will reinstall to be sure. Also when sorting by cross section there is no A or B types in my current build (put all parts work well) I will save for testing sake and reinstall.

OK I apparently had test 1.7 not 3.7 loaded lol.
the new one is sorted nicely. I had a thought though. Do you know  the planetary base mod?

http://spacedock.info/mod/173/Kerbal Planetary Base Systems

The way he sorts his mod in the menu is great one tab for the planetary base mods then sub tabs for the different module types. We might be able to do that here. Have an OPT tab then sub taps for the types then sub components. Just a thought and i know the maker of that mod is active and would probably help out.

Edited by Steel Dragon
lol

Ok so they parts line up and seam to function except none have any fuel? I have the newest intersteller fuel switcher and firespitter.dll installed but no right click option at all? This could be an issue with the base game (testing in 1.1.2)

4 minutes ago, Steel Dragon said:

Ok so they parts line up and seam to function except none have any fuel? I have the newest intersteller fuel switcher and firespitter.dll installed but no right click option at all? This could be an issue with the base game (testing in 1.1.2)

Interstellar Fuel Switcher is not required for OPT, so that wouldn't make any difference. Also, not all the parts have working firespitter configs, I think notably the L series, possibly A and B might have problems as well. I was more interested in getting the parts to load *at all*. Most of the J parts, and all of the I and K parts, worked fine in 1.1.2 when I tried them earlier though.

I'll see what I can do tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Steel Dragon said:

lol makes since I had built an L-Type Plane (a replacement for me MK4) my J-type is fine

Try pasting this into the OPT/mm_config/OPT_FS.cfg file, that should fix the L parts at least.

@PART[jl_3m_adaptor]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
	{
	MODULE
	{
	name=FSfuelSwitch
	resourceNames=Structural;LiquidFuel;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer,MonoPropellant
	resourceAmounts=0;1620;1080,1320;540,660;756,924,324
	basePartMass=3.18295437805339
	tankMass=0;0;0;0;0
	tankCost=0;0;0;0;0
	displayCurrentTankCost=false
	hasGUI=true
	showInfo=true
	}
	}
	@PART[jl_7m_adaptor]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
	{
	MODULE
	{
	name=FSfuelSwitch
	resourceNames=Structural;LiquidFuel;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer,MonoPropellant
	resourceAmounts=0;3240;2160,2640;1080,1320;1512,1848,648
	basePartMass=5.86072463746837
	tankMass=0;0;0;0;0
	tankCost=0;0;0;0;0
	hasGUI=true
	showInfo=true
	}
	}
	@PART[l_2m_bicoupler]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
	{
	MODULE
	{
	name=FSfuelSwitch
	resourceAmounts=0;1620;1080,1320;540,660;756,924,324
	basePartMass=3.72384096921262
	tankMass=0;0;0;0;0
	tankCost=0;0;0;0;0
	hasGUI=true
	showInfo=true
	}
	}
	@PART[l_6m_cargo]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
	{
	MODULE
	{
	name=FSfuelSwitch
	resourceAmounts=0;1890;1260,1540;630,770;882,1078,378
	basePartMass=4.5136764571455
	tankMass=0;0;0;0;0
	tankCost=0;0;0;0;0
	hasGUI=true
	showInfo=true
	}
	}
	@PART[l_6m_crew]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
	{
	MODULE
	{
	name=FSfuelSwitch
	resourceAmounts=0;2700;1800,2200;900,1100;1260,1540,540
	basePartMass=6.06537108962463
	tankMass=0;0;0;0;0
	tankCost=0;0;0;0;0
	hasGUI=true
	showInfo=true
	}
	}
	@PART[l_6m_fuselage]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
	{
	MODULE
	{
	name=FSfuelSwitch
	resourceAmounts=0;1890;1260,1540;630,770;882,1078,378
	basePartMass=4.55313891109419
	tankMass=0;0;0;0;0
	tankCost=0;0;0;0;0
	hasGUI=true
	showInfo=true
	}
	}
	@PART[l_8m_cockpit]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
	{
	MODULE
	{
	name=FSfuelSwitch
	resourceAmounts=0;540;360,440;180,220;252,308,108
	basePartMass=6.9253413355807
	tankMass=0;0;0;0;0
	tankCost=0;0;0;0;0
	hasGUI=true
	showInfo=true
	}
	}

That worked the L-type are working nicely.

I have a request while your adjusting them. Can we add some fuel to the L-Type cargo ramp tail piece? It is a large part with engine mounts on it. Only makes since that it has fuel like the cargo bay has.

2 hours ago, Steel Dragon said:

That worked the L-type are working nicely.

I have a request while your adjusting them. Can we add some fuel to the L-Type cargo ramp tail piece? It is a large part with engine mounts on it. Only makes since that it has fuel like the cargo bay has.

The other cargo tails dont have fuel. I dont think space wise that you would be able to fit m much fuel in them.

18 hours ago, Winchester said:

Very strange. In the latest version I posted, I have the i folder with basically everything in it, and two different Mk2 and Mk3 folders (because I've been dumb and used a capital M for Mk2 and Mk3 in a couple of parts cfgs), but other than that every part is exactly where it's supposed to be - in folders labeled opt A, opt B, opt I, opt J, opt K and opt L. Are you sure you're using the one I just uploaded?

i think he ment ingame sorting.  when you sort by size. 

14 minutes ago, darkracer125 said:

i think he ment ingame sorting.  when you sort by size. 

No we were talking about the sort by cross section menu. He was correct I had version 1.7. He was working off 3.7.

@Winchester The J-Type are working well (minus landing gear but that's unity5). Do you have the code for adding fuels to the K-Type? I could modify the J-Type code if need be but I figured you had a plan already.

1 minute ago, Steel Dragon said:

No we were talking about the sort by cross section menu. He was correct I had version 1.7. He was working off 3.7.

@Winchester The J-Type are working well (minus landing gear but that's unity5). Do you have the code for adding fuels to the K-Type? I could modify the J-Type code if need be but I figured you had a plan already.

Huh? Everything that should have fuel except the L parts does have it in the version I posted last (OPT_1.8plus_v3) - the only other exceptions are parts like the aerodynamic tail for B and J (no idea why in that case), the cargo bay for A (which has no volume in which to put a fuel tank if you look at it closely); and the docking port for B (which has monopropellant for use with RCS). I just checked both the A, B, J, and K parts. Oh, and one of the K cargo ramps has fuel and the other doesn't - the latter is the one with the Mk2 adapters to either side of the ramp. 

strange I too am using the link from last night. I was using the strange 5 pointed cockpit (I really like that one) and the adapter to K-Type neither had fuel options. Then I attached both the hollow K-type and Cargo K-Type and none had fuel options either. But the wings still had fuel option. I don't get it. I'll test more.

Ok found I had somehow gotten a firespitter folder in my Gamedata and it was preventing the IFS from working. All except the ones you listed are correct. Sorry bout that

Edited by Steel Dragon
meh

1 hour ago, Hazeldonkey said:

Will this GREAT MOD (really I'm in love with it, in my opinion one of the best) be updated for 1.1.2?! I really hope so!!!

Reread the last couple of pages of this thread, and you'll notice that we're working on it, and we're actually pretty much done doing everything that *can* be done. We just haven't updated the first post because none of us are the original mod author, and we don't want to steal his thread just because he's busy doing something to make real money rather than feeding our addiction to KSP parts. 

Anything that doesn't work in 1.1.2 right now comes down to Squad having borked the landing gear code with the 1.1 update, and not having managed to fix it yet as far as i'm aware. And until they *un*bork it, we can't really test any of the parts further than in the space plane hangar because space planes without landing gear kind of don't work very well. 

One of the best mods!!! The new wings look AWESOME!!! No more integrated docking ports on the big cockpits? Nevermind...

PS: Wright click menu is not working on the fueled parts... so no fuel... I have KSP 1.1.2 x64 and OPT1.8testV4.01 (is this the last one?)

Keep up the good work!!!

Edited by musdancat

1 hour ago, musdancat said:

One of the best mods!!! The new wings look AWESOME!!! No more integrated docking ports on the big cockpits? Nevermind...

PS: Wright click menu is not working on the fueled parts... so no fuel... I have KSP 1.1.2 x64 and OPT1.8testV4.01 (is this the last one?)

Keep up the good work!!!

get intersteller fuel switcher

http://spacedock.info/mod/175/Interstellar%20Fuel%20Switch

2 hours ago, musdancat said:

Keep up the good work!!!

4.01 is the latest official one, @Winchester Is updating all the cfg files to maintain the mod, I sourced some older versions of the mod to give him more work to do in making it so we can use the older scrapped parts. Click the link below for the latest version he has updated.

On 5/1/2016 at 5:52 AM, Winchester said:

Just now, musdancat said:

I did, still no fuel...   (Interstellar_Fuel_Switch-1.29)

Do you have the latest firespitter as in the package download or the plugin only download?

4 minutes ago, stali79 said:

Do you have the latest firespitter as in the package download or the plugin only download?

I have the one included in the OPT1.8testV4.01.zip - plugin only

Edited by musdancat

2 minutes ago, musdancat said:

I have the one included in the OPT1.8testV4.01.zip

then that is your problem the one in THAT official release is for 1.0, you need to update to the latest firespitter.

EDIT: ignore the official releases for now and find the updated community maintained version of the mod within the last couple of pages.

Edited by stali79