[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

One other thing - I see IFS is being used, but as with the mk4 spaceplane parts, it's.. locking the parts to stock fuels, and not the interstellar fuels which IFS was designed for :)  It might make more sense to recommend Modular Fuel Tanks, and just pull the IFS configs entirely, that will allow people using non-stock fuels to use those fuels with these parts, and is less maintenance for the OPT maintainers.

There will be a while between this release and the next one as i am rebuilding the whole mod, adding normal maps etc. The next update WILL break all existing ships (sorry but i need to do it). All parts will have their game names changed but the names you see in the sph will remain the same. I will reorganise the folder structure also. The delay between updates is because of the work i need to get done on it in addition to working out how to use unity etc.

And just like that my dreams are put on hold. Drat.

That's one heck of a caveat and would do well to be on the front page of the forum thread.

Do you know yet what the future folder structure will look like? I was going to update this on CKAN but it'd be nice if I can future-proof the file a bit.

2 hours ago, phoenix_ca said:

And just like that my dreams are put on hold. Drat.

That's one heck of a caveat and would do well to be on the front page of the forum thread.

Do you know yet what the future folder structure will look like? I was going to update this on CKAN but it'd be nice if I can future-proof the file a bit.

At this stage not sure. I am fairly certain that as it currently stands there is redundant files in the mod, mismatched texture formats. I cant put anything on the OP which is why i posted it here.

I have successfully modified one part, and here is just a teaser for you all. The new and improved OPT Pylon A

Edited by stali79

1 hour ago, A_Blackhawks_Fan said:

Any word on FAR support yet.

Flies perfectly fine with FAR. As for specific FAR support is concerned i have no idea but my testing install flies the parts in game perfectly fine and i have FAR installed

Edited by stali79

The current plan of attack is to add Normal Maps to all parts with the simpler colliders and no moving parts or emissive maps, namely because I am doing this with minimal knowledge of Maya/Blender and Unity. As I do these I am putting them into the new folder structure with the new part names. Once I have done that I will tackle things like cockpits etc. @Stone Blue has been an amazing source of help with this and I don't think I could be doing this stage without his advice.

15 hours ago, stali79 said:

Flies perfectly fine with FAR. As for specific FAR support is concerned i have no idea but my testing install flies the parts in game perfectly fine and i have FAR installed

I assume as long as your mesh is "clean" it should work automatically since FAR generates a voxel cloud for the vessel. Perhaps it would have mattered in older versions but now it's essentially self-configuring.

On June 8, 2016 at 9:58 PM, stali79 said:

Okay, I knew FAR calculated bodies but I didn't realize it now does not require specific wing shape configs. Thanks for the help.

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Two questions: 1. Could I get a link to the Spacedock site? 2. Is it compatible with 1.1?

Thanks!

Link is up on the first page (and also in this post -- http://spacedock.info/mod/711/Orbit Portal Technology [OPT] Spaceplane Parts )

It's mostly compatible with 1.1.x. The landing gears from @K.Yeon's original versions have been removed; most of the non-landing-gear parts from the various official releases are in this community-maintained version, with some parts' names and/or config files changed to ensure compatibility with 1.1.x and with each other. Keep in mind that any vessels you make with the latest version (1.8.1.2) will be broken when @stali79 releases the next update; the next update, and probably all future updates, will almost certainly require deleting the OPT folder from your GameData folder and putting the latest version in its stead.

Thanks for the link, and also the heads up. I’ll make sure not to have it be an integral part of my space program.

EDIT: By the way, this looks to be a frikin’ AWESOME mod! :cool:

Edited by Mycroft

Okay, so, ummm… I just installed it, and I only have a few of the listed parts. I’ve only got the Mk3 Airliner cockpit, the OPT B Cargo Bay Mk 2, the OPT Drop Tank, the OPT “ARI-75b” Engine, the OPT Dark Drive, the OPT J-61 Advanced TurboRamjet, and the OPT J-92 Advanced Scramjet. Nothing more. I’m pretty sure I installed it right. I downloaded the file, the copy/pasted the whole thing into the Game Data Folder, and then started the game. What should I have done differently, if anything? I tried restarting the game, with the debug window open and it had lots of ‘could not load x because file does not exist’ error messages. Oh, and I have all the parts researched except for the RTG. I’ll restart my computer next, see if that does anything. Please help!

Edit: Okay… restarting my computer didn’t work. I looked a bit closer at the debug menu and it says that its main problem is compiling the models of the parts. Gonna try re downloading it.

Edit (again): YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! Okay. Calm down. I finally figured out (dummy) that you have to treat OPT and Firespitter as two separate mods. Oh I feel so dumb. Sorry about all the panic and fuss, and LOVE the mod already!

Edited by Mycroft

4 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Thanks for the link, and also the heads up. I’ll make sure not to have it be an integral part of my space program.

EDIT: By the way, this looks to be a frikin’ AWESOME mod! :cool:

At present I am slowly working my way through rebuilding the mod. What I am aiming to achieve is a reduced file size, better folder structure, future proofing for mod support such as RealFuels, also working to add bump maps to all the parts I can to improve visual asthetics of the mod. I aim to have this process completed before @K.Yeon returns and I will discuss with him what I have done so that he can continue from there with active development without breaking the work I have done. I have renamed a few parts in respect to the game engine and its SPH names, as an example I have renamed the Pylon Large and Pylon Huge to Wing Root Large and Wing Root Extra Large. The file names themselves for these parts are still pylon_a and pylon_b, and the game names have had OPT_ added to the begining so patches will be easier to make in regards to mods like Real Fuels. The old ARIE engine nacelle has almost finished being completed by @sebi.zzr and will operate like a Sabre engine. I also have adjusted the Wing Root connections to allow them to actually have an amount of clipping when it comes to connecting them to fuselages, I did this primarily for the athetics of it so they parts look like they are part of the fuselage and not just connected to it. I am also taking some liberties in my naming to give shoutouts to the modders who are helping me with this project. The old ARIE nacelle is now officially the OPT J-81 'S3B1ZzR' Turbojet Engine Nacelle, @Stone Blue has also been invaluable so far so he will have his name in the mod somehow, just my way of saying thanks. I guess thats probably enough of me dribbling on but I just wanted everyone to know what I am trying to make happen and thank all you players for your patience and understanding for what I have to do.

PS: sorry in advance for breaking your ships!

The .version file in the current Spacedock download has KSP_VERSION_MIN":{"MAJOR":1,"MINOR":1,"PATCH":2}, but "KSP_VERSION_MAX":{"MAJOR":1,"MINOR":1,"PATCH":0}. Not sure what that does to AVC/MiniAVC.

Ok. I think it would mess up CKAN's auto-indexing if we tried to use it, though. That's also quite an old version of Firespitter core you have included. Has this been tested with Firespitter 7.2.x?

Firespitter is up to 7.2.4, while the Firespitter.version in your download says it's 7.1.4 (Which is the last 1.0.5 compatible Firespitter)

Edited by politas