[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

I don't think any OPT parts have any resource in them unless Firespitter is installed. (Exception: Cockpits have ElectricCharge)

Assuming FS is installed and working properly (may not if the version you use needs updating for KSP because of a KSP update) then you need to right click the parts in the VAB/SPH and configure them with the part's context menu

Without Firespitter there are no resources.

Of course, none of that applies to me because I use Real Fuels so I use that instead of Firespitter for my fuel tank needs.

Ok because as far as I know, Firespitter is incompatible(right as the time of this posting) that is, with 1.1.3. I guess that is  causing our problems

1 minute ago, stali79 said:

This is odd as i am running 1.1.3 and i can change fuels in most parts...

Which Firespitter version are you running? I think its in the addon.txt file or something like that. I went onto the forums and downloaded the latest version off of Curse, and also had Interstellar Fuel thingy installed. It still didnt work

If everything is configured properly, IIRC, EITHER Firespitter OR Interstellar Fuel Switch will work... Usually, if BOTH are installed, IIRC, IFS will overide FS, and be the one doing the switching... Also, IIRC, (was it RoverDude?) is maintaining FS, and I think it IS compatible with 1.1.3 if you use what ever .dll HE hosted...

On 7/7/2016 at 9:04 PM, Starwaster said:

I've been thinking for awhile that OPT should have a set of fallback configs to install default resources if no other fueltank management is installed. Not sure that's what @K.Yeon wanted though...

It couldn't hurt to have that, if it's a resource combination that has everything, but judging by the mod variants, I think K Yeon wanted that versatility even if it made his mod dependent on Firespitter. Someone please enlighten me what is IFS bringing to the table that is an improvement over Firespitter for the basic functionality we're seeking? I'm asking asking simply because there is no sense in including both since one supersedes the other but it does seem Firespitter is being updated more rapidly.

Edited by M_Ouellette

Ok the mod is essentially in Alpha state now, ultimately all it needs is the MM patches for FS and CLS finalized and the old B fuselage animations fixed (I don't know how to fix this). I have it on git up, if anyone wants to help me finalize it just pm me and I will throw you the github link for it.

On July 7, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Alex J Derpert said:

Ok because as far as I know, Firespitter is incompatible(right as the time of this posting) that is, with 1.1.3. I guess that is  causing our problems

On July 7, 2016 at 4:56 PM, stali79 said:

This is odd as i am running 1.1.3 and i can change fuels in most parts...

If you have Interstellar FuelSwitch installed, it has the functionality of FS, but I believe it is 1.1.3 compatible. It is basically a continuation of FS (Firespitter).

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

If you have Interstellar FuelSwitch installed, it has the functionality of FS, but I believe it is 1.1.3 compatible. It is basically a continuation of FS (Firespitter).

all I know is I have both installed lol

As do I, but it was actually Module Manager that fixed the fuel tanks and allowed IFS to work.

I saw someone who said that this mod was 1.1.3 compatible now, and had a ton of new cool parts. Is this correct? I checked SpaceDock, and it said that compatibility was only up to 1.1.2. Am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

As do I, but it was actually Module Manager that fixed the fuel tanks and allowed IFS to work.

I saw someone who said that this mod was 1.1.3 compatible now, and had a ton of new cool parts. Is this correct? I checked SpaceDock, and it said that compatibility was only up to 1.1.2. Am I missing something?

its in alpha currently, a few issues to work out and hopefully should be release ready within a few days. the one on spacedock is the old one but works on 1.1.3.

Part of the reason I am asking for help with the last few things is I am losing focus on the project as well as I can't do some of the things that need to be done. if @Starwaster and @Mycroft can get these final bugs ironed out for me then the mod is good to go for version 1.8.5

How can I help?

I feel honored that you would ask me to do that, but please keep in mind that I know next to nothing about code, but I can hunt down bugs in game.

*googles EBCDIC* Ummmm. Okay. I did see the dev. mention ASCII in the .readme, but looking at the Wikipedia page (don't judge :sticktongue:), I am alternately sure you are joking and serious. I have some serious learning to do.

The wiki did say that ASCII and EBCDIC have compatibility issues, so I don't get why a mod would be written in that, going under the assumption that KSP is written in ASCII.

Once again, if anything I say sounds stupid, please forgive me and tell me it sounds stupid.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

??? Please tell me that isn't a joke, cause I would like a real answer. If it is, thanks!

It's written in C#

Nothing is written in EBCDIC anymore. (probably)

The thing about EBCDIC is a stupid joke that probably nobody gets anymore

Edited by Starwaster

Well I don't know either programming or writing .configs, so hopefully I can learn both. Well, I can edit a .cfg file, but I don't know how to write one.

26 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

It's written in C#

Nothing is written in EBCDIC anymore. (probably)

The thing about EBCDIC is a stupid joke that probably nobody gets anymore

:cool:You, sir, got me GOOD!

Edited by Mycroft