[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

I'm going to say just one thing on the whole renaming issue so I'll just leave this here, and I'm not trying to start any argument or anything but I just feel that this needs to be said.

In game design you should never do anything without purpose, and that purpose should be well understood with a specific end result that is more beneficial to your end goals than it is detrimental. And while it is true that there is no guarantee of updates not being save game breaking, that shouldn't itself be a reason for making that change. 

51 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

I'm going to say just one thing on the whole renaming issue so I'll just leave this here, and I'm not trying to start any argument or anything but I just feel that this needs to be said.

In game design you should never do anything without purpose, and that purpose should be well understood with a specific end result that is more beneficial to your end goals than it is detrimental. And while it is true that there is no guarantee of updates not being save game breaking, that shouldn't itself be a reason for making that change. 

Originally it was done because i was told it would be good for future proofing mod compatability. It wasnt done to stuff peoples games up. 

I will rename everything tomorrow.

EDIT: Done

Edited by stali79

Okay, so I finally got around to starting in on the mod, downloaded the newest version, and put the file "OPT-062b97bb82e47eb6dd6436e80604970b2a24d265” in my GameData folder. That file was the one I downloaded from the link @stali79 sent me, but when I launched the game, NONE and I mean NONE of the parts loaded in to the game. What could I have done wrong? The Debug menu showed the parts being loaded, but had several warnings that I didn’t have time to read before they flashed out of site. If anyone is interested, I can send them the log in a PM. 

EDIT: Apologies for not getting to it till now, but the last few days were crazy. I’m going to try getting Module Manager, and see how that works.

Edited by Mycroft

Update: Module Manager does not fix it. I didn’t think it would, but I thought it was worth a try. Also, I noticed that the Firespitter Plugin is no longer included. Is this intentional, or has there just not been enough time?

23 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Okay, so I finally got around to starting in on the mod, downloaded the newest version, and put the file "OPT-062b97bb82e47eb6dd6436e80604970b2a24d265” in my GameData folder. That file was the one I downloaded from the link @stali79 sent me, but when I launched the game, NONE and I mean NONE of the parts loaded in to the game. What could I have done wrong?

Have you tried redownloading it?... Do you mean you put a FILE, or a FOLDER in your GameData?... Also, that looks like a hashtag in the file name...  You should just be getting a folder named "OPT" ...

You can grab just the Firespitter plugin by itself from the FS thread...Theres a separate download for just the plugin, without having to install the WHOLE mod... I just discussed with stali tonight about me seeing if I can handle double checking the FS patch, as well as seeing if I can manage integrating Interstellar FuelSwitch as well... So hopefully full FS and IFS support will be coming Soon™... :)

Edited by Stone Blue

27 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Update: Module Manager does not fix it. I didn’t think it would, but I thought it was worth a try. Also, I noticed that the Firespitter Plugin is no longer included. Is this intentional, or has there just not been enough time?

The version on github is the alpha version and not a release version, meaning it is the OPT files only and nothing else. Once released it will have FS included, however it now has a MM patch to insert default resources if FS/IFS is not detected so TECHNICALLY neither are needed anymore. You should be putting an OPT folder into gamedata, not a single file and you need to have removed any existing version of it.

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

Have you tried redownloading it?... Do you mean you put a FILE, or a FOLDER in your GameData?... Also, that looks like a hashtag in the file name...  You should just be getting a folder named "OPT" ...

You can grab just the Firespitter plugin by itself from the FS thread...Theres a separate download for just the plugin, without having to install the WHOLE mod... I just discussed with stali tonight about me seeing if I can handle double checking the FS patch, as well as seeing if I can manage integrating Interstellar FuelSwitch as well... So hopefully full FS and IFS support will be coming Soon™... :)

1 hour ago, stali79 said:

The version on github is the alpha version and not a release version, meaning it is the OPT files only and nothing else. Once released it will have FS included, however it now has a MM patch to insert default resources if FS/IFS is not detected so TECHNICALLY neither are needed anymore. You should be putting an OPT folder into gamedata, not a single file and you need to have removed any existing version of it.

Apologies to both. That was the name of the folder I dropped into my GameData folder, I mistyped it. So here's what happened: A few days ago, I downloaded the folder from the link I got from @stali79, entitled "OPT Master. Today, I put that folder in my GameData folder for KSP 1.1.3. I then launched KSP. I created a new sandbox save for the purpose of testing the parts. I entered the SPH, and saw that only  the stock parts were shown. So I relaunched KSP. Same thing. I then followed the link I was given again, saw that the mod had been updated since my download, redownloaded it and got the folder with the really long name listed above, and deleted the old one. That habit has long been hammered into me. I launched KSP again, with the debug menu open. I saw that the parts appeared to be loading, but when I entered my save, the exact same thing occurred. That was when I posted. Then I downloaded Module Manager, installed the .dll, and relaunched AGAIN. Same exact thing. My next plan was to download FS and try again, but the reason why I decided against downloading it before was because I figured the parts would at least be there, if they didn't exactly work. It appears that this is not so. I haven't the faintest idea why it isn't working, and I would have started digging in the .config files, but I ran out of time. 

Hope this helps clarify.

On 7/11/2016 at 10:43 AM, Starwaster said:

I'll say just one thing also, and ALSO not to start an argument, since I'm probably the one stali got the idea to rename everything from... :)

While the naming "convention" K.Yeon originally came up with, does make sense, especially if its just one or two people on the same page doing the development, by using several underscores in every name, AND most especially using lower case " i, j, AND l " all together, is just asking for trouble and mistakes when/if the mod gets passed on to other people who start working on it... ESPECIALLY also when there are over 100 parts in the mod, which means several hundred file names...

Well, there is also a alternative solution. Keep the original config, in a depreciated folder. I don't remember how to do it but you can have part flagged "legacy" or something like that. If I am correct, it will allow existing ship to load properly, but you won't see these part in VAB. If it work as I think it does, then what need to be done is to change mesh path to the new folder.

Make sense?

14 hours ago, RedParadize said:

Well, there is also a alternative solution. Keep the original config, in a depreciated folder. I don't remember how to do it but you can have part flagged "legacy" or something like that. If I am correct, it will allow existing ship to load properly, but you won't see these part in VAB. If it work as I think it does, then what need to be done is to change mesh path to the new folder.

Make sense?

its already been resolved but thank you for the advice

@RedParadize Yeah, I was pretty late to make that comment... lol  My main point in even posting it, was to just point out there are pros/cons to using a single lower case letter and underscores in a naming convention. Pro is it IS simple... Con, when you have lots of different style "groups" of parts, you'll need a good memory to remember what "class" each letter is for...Also, especially with lots of files, probably best not to use the lower case letters i, j, l... IMHO, that just makes it easier to make typos...

And yeah, I should have made it clear its been resolved... :) Thanx for the suggestion though... :)

Anyone know how to identify this error?

[LOG 23:31:17.372] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT/Parts/Stail/OPT_b_7m_cockpit/b_cockpit_qs'
[WRN 23:31:17.378] PartLoader Warning: Variable textureQuadname not found in Part

[LOG 23:31:17.426] PartLoader: Part 'OPT/Parts/Stail/OPT_b_7m_cockpit/b_cockpit_qs' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 23:31:17.441] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'b.cockpit.qs'
[EXC 23:31:17.628] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    ModuleAnimateGeneric.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__IteratorC.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <RenderDragCubesCoroutine>c__IteratorB:MoveNext()
    <SetupDragCubeCoroutine>c__IteratorD:MoveNext()
    <CompileParts>c__Iterator4A:MoveNext() 

[LOG 23:31:12.805] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT/Parts/Humpback/OPT_l_7m_cargoTail/l_7m_cargoTail'
[ERR 23:31:12.807] Adjacencies::CreateDatabase: can't work on non-manifold meshes. Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.809] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.812] Adjacencies::CreateDatabase: can't work on non-manifold meshes. Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.813] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.828] Adjacencies::CreateDatabase: can't work on non-manifold meshes. Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.829] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.844] Adjacencies::CreateDatabase: can't work on non-manifold meshes. Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.845] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

[LOG 23:31:11.812] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT/Parts/Chimera/OPT_c_8m_cockpit/c_8m_cockpit'
[ERR 23:31:11.820] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!
[ERR 23:31:11.820] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:11.828] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!
[ERR 23:31:11.829] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:11.863] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!
[ERR 23:31:11.864] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:11.888] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!
[ERR 23:31:11.889] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

Edited by stali79

25 minutes ago, stali79 said:

Anyone know how to identify this error?

[LOG 23:31:17.372] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT/Parts/Stail/OPT_b_7m_cockpit/b_cockpit_qs'
[WRN 23:31:17.378] PartLoader Warning: Variable textureQuadname not found in Part

Part b_cockpit_qs has a field in there called textureQuadname, which isn't a valid field for Part. In fact, that looks like something that belongs in a flag module. Example:

MODULE
		{
			name = FlagDecal
			textureQuadName = flagTransform
		}

[LOG 23:31:17.426] PartLoader: Part 'OPT/Parts/Stail/OPT_b_7m_cockpit/b_cockpit_qs' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 23:31:17.441] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'b.cockpit.qs'
[EXC 23:31:17.628] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    ModuleAnimateGeneric.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__IteratorC.MoveNext ()
    <RenderDragCubesCoroutine>c__IteratorB:MoveNext()
    <SetupDragCubeCoroutine>c__IteratorD:MoveNext()
    <CompileParts>c__Iterator4A:MoveNext() 

Might be an incorrect animation name. Do the part's animations work? (All animations referenced by the animation module need to be configured correctly and valid in order for the animation code to render all DragCube's for each animated state)

[LOG 23:31:12.805] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT/Parts/Humpback/OPT_l_7m_cargoTail/l_7m_cargoTail'
[ERR 23:31:12.807] Adjacencies::CreateDatabase: can't work on non-manifold meshes. Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.809] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.812] Adjacencies::CreateDatabase: can't work on non-manifold meshes. Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.813] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.828] Adjacencies::CreateDatabase: can't work on non-manifold meshes. Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.829] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.844] Adjacencies::CreateDatabase: can't work on non-manifold meshes. Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:12.845] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

[LOG 23:31:11.812] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT/Parts/Chimera/OPT_c_8m_cockpit/c_8m_cockpit'
[ERR 23:31:11.820] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!
[ERR 23:31:11.820] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:11.828] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!
[ERR 23:31:11.829] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:11.863] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!
[ERR 23:31:11.864] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)
[ERR 23:31:11.888] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!
[ERR 23:31:11.889] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

Part needs to have a proper collision mesh created in the Unity editor. If we have a mesh for that or can convert its .mu file and reexport, we can load it into the editor and have it try to rebuild a new convex mesh for both of those parts..

First issue I have semi fixed, will address it further later. Issue 2 seems to have a cockpit lights animation that doesn't work it seems. I will see what I can do about the collision mesh issue tomorrow.

Lemme take a look at the cargo tail issue... Thats a Humpback part, so i might have missed or screwed something up with it...

i have noticed that there are SEVERAL parts which do not seem to have defined or working light animations...

I never tried to get illumination working for the KTAV Cockpit I did since it wasn't included with the original, but it is on the list of things I'm trying to learn how to do, but if someone beats me to it, there shall be joy and celebration and the villagers will dance in the streets.... Ya ok, I never claimed to be sane.

where can i get the most recent updated version cause ever sense 1.7 i have not been able to get fuel in any of the parts unless this has been fixed.i really enjoyed this mod back in 1.7 cause i was actually able to use it but sense 1.8 parts did have fuel options on them.

23 minutes ago, kobaltreaper said:

where can i get the most recent updated version cause ever sense 1.7 i have not been able to get fuel in any of the parts unless this has been fixed.i really enjoyed this mod back in 1.7 cause i was actually able to use it but sense 1.8 parts did have fuel options on them.

The mod has never had any default resources. Make sure your firespitter is up to date as it is what sets the fuel. The 1.8.5 update will have default resources as a redundancy.

EDIT: the link to the version on spacedock (1.8.1.2) is in the OP.

Edited by stali79

Found a few bugs I am unsure of.

[LOG 23:47:15.087] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT/Parts/Avatar/OPT_a_2m_bicoupler/a_2m_bicoupler'
[ERR 23:47:15.092] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'GeometryPartModule'

[ERR 23:47:15.093] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FARAeroPartModule'

[ERR 23:47:15.093] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FARPartModule'

[LOG 23:47:15.097] PartLoader: Part 'OPT/Parts/Avatar/OPT_a_2m_bicoupler/a_2m_bicoupler' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 23:47:15.101] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'a.2m.bicoupler'
[LOG 23:47:15.124] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT/Parts/Avatar/OPT_a_6m_cargo/a_6m_cargo'
[ERR 23:47:15.131] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'GeometryPartModule'

[ERR 23:47:15.132] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FARAeroPartModule'

[ERR 23:47:15.132] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FARPartModule'

[LOG 23:47:15.139] PartLoader: Part 'OPT/Parts/Avatar/OPT_a_6m_cargo/a_6m_cargo' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 23:47:15.144] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'a.6m.cargo'
[LOG 23:47:15.184] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT/Parts/Avatar/OPT_a_6m_fuelTank/a_6m_tanks'
[ERR 23:47:15.193] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'GeometryPartModule'

[ERR 23:47:15.193] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FARAeroPartModule'

[ERR 23:47:15.193] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FARPartModule'

[LOG 23:47:15.199] PartLoader: Part 'OPT/Parts/Avatar/OPT_a_6m_fuelTank/a_6m_tanks' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 23:47:15.204] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'a.6m.tanks'
[LOG 23:47:15.229] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT/Parts/Avatar/OPT_a_cockpit/a_cockpit'
[ERR 23:47:15.243] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'GeometryPartModule'

[ERR 23:47:15.243] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FARAeroPartModule'

[ERR 23:47:15.243] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FARPartModule'

4 minutes ago, kobaltreaper said:

i have dl the most recent Firespitter that i can find and most recent OPT1.8. still no fuel in the fuel tanks section

As I said, the spacedock link is in the OP of this thread.

So I peeked at the cockpits that dont have working lights...

They dont have any emissive textures assigned. Also, no animations for lights.

Most could really use some optimizing of the models, ie object hierarchy...

Some of the textures seem either incorrectly named, and/or duplicated... ie the 1st size_2 4m cockpit that shows in the editor, is using a texture named for adaptors, NOT cockpit, or "main"...