[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

4 hours ago, M_Ouellette said:

Gives it a stealthy vibe, Mark likes.....

Didn't quite look as nice as I had hoped, but the overall effect looked cool. If there was a way of inverting only SOME of the textures then it could potentially be done, but I only know how to invert an entire image and not only a selection of it.

1 hour ago, stali79 said:

Didn't quite look as nice as I had hoped, but the overall effect looked cool. If there was a way of inverting only SOME of the textures then it could potentially be done, but I only know how to invert an entire image and not only a selection of it.

Depending on the image editing software you are using, there should be a tool that lets you select part of the picture instead of the whole thing. Rectangle and lasso select are fairly common - paint.net has both (among other tools) and is free.

If you use those tools instead of CTRL-A, you should be able to invert the colors on the parts you want to invert while leaving the other parts untouched.

Spoiler

Disclaimer: I know jack diddly squat about making mods for this or any other game. I'm not 100% certain that paint.net can open, edit and save dds files -- only 99.9% certain. Tastes like chicken.

11 hours ago, King Something said:

Depending on the image editing software you are using, there should be a tool that lets you select part of the picture instead of the whole thing. Rectangle and lasso select are fairly common - paint.net has both (among other tools) and is free.

If you use those tools instead of CTRL-A, you should be able to invert the colors on the parts you want to invert while leaving the other parts untouched.

Reveal hidden contents

Disclaimer: I know jack diddly squat about making mods for this or any other game. I'm not 100% certain that paint.net can open, edit and save dds files -- only 99.9% certain. Tastes like chicken.

am slowly working on it :)

Phase 2 of the stealth experiment.

Edited by stali79

Instead of inverting the colors, you should tweak their lightness or levels curves (This might be a photoshop thing though). Do you have the original source files with separate layers?

2 minutes ago, akron said:

Instead of inverting the colors, you should tweak their lightness or levels curves (This might be a photoshop thing though). Do you have the original source files with separate layers?

Unfortunately no access to any source materials :(

Ultimately though this is just me experimenting.

Edited by stali79

3 hours ago, Kuro said:

Hi stali79,

First, thanks a lot for the job done on this mod. :)

I may have missed the info on the topic, but when do you plan a 1.1.3 compatible release on CKAN?

1.8.1.2 won't be going on ckan. There is a possibility 1.8.5 will but I am yet to understand the benefits of doing so.

14 hours ago, stali79 said:

1.8.1.2 won't be going on ckan. There is a possibility 1.8.5 will but I am yet to understand the benefits of doing so.

My eternal love is not enough? :wink: 

I just happen to use ckan to keep a "clean" up-to-date modded install, and as I will embark OPT on this ride... Well, I'll make an exception. :) 

Thanks for the quick answer.

22 minutes ago, Kuro said:

My eternal love is not enough? :wink: 

I just happen to use ckan to keep a "clean" up-to-date modded install, and as I will embark OPT on this ride... Well, I'll make an exception. :) 

Thanks for the quick answer.

I gave ckan a go once and it whinged at me and failed for every mod it wanted to update. Left a sour taste in my mouth. That doesn't mean it won't go on there though.

Especially since OPT is supposed to be CKAN compatible. (Have a look at the first Q&A, or on the spacedock download page. :wink: )

Tested and validated as a bit unstable on my heavily modded install, as expected.

Keep up with the good work. :)

Edited by Kuro

I really like these parts. So I downloaded 18.1.2 So I'd like to build me some spaceplanes...

I started to build a spaceplane based on the "J"fuselage. Added segments, wings engines etc...

Then I wanted to add landing gear. And here I had a problem. When I select a landing gear, toggle "symmetry" this switches to radial, in stead of lateral symmetry. This makes placing landing gear impossible. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Means one of the previous parts added In radial, simply Un attach and reattach parts untIL you find the one that DOES change to mirror symmetry. Happens to me all the time. No major issue.

Edited by stali79

19 hours ago, stali79 said:

Means one of the previous parts added In radial, simply Un attach and reattach parts untIL you find the one that DOES change to mirror symmetry. Happens to me all the time. No major issue.

Thanks that was it.

Now I need to figure out how to build something that actually flies...

I rreeeaaaaly like the aesthetic of the original K shuttle; the 2-part one one that looks like the landing shuttle from AVATAR. is there any chance of remaking it (or its adapter part) to fit the newer K series?
or at least provide a rear-opening bay for the old k series? The old bays could hold so much more vehicle wise, though without any kind of ramp they're kind of useless.

another consideration for any further parts would be a drop bay; an upside down cargo bay where the floor translates down on pullies like an elevator, allowing for rear mount engines and drive-in access for vehicles.

11 minutes ago, Rushligh said:

I rreeeaaaaly like the aesthetic of the original K shuttle; the 2-part one one that looks like the landing shuttle from AVATAR. is there any chance of remaking it (or its adapter part) to fit the newer K series?
or at least provide a rear-opening bay for the old k series? The old bays could hold so much more vehicle wise, though without any kind of ramp they're kind of useless.

another consideration for any further parts would be a drop bay; an upside down cargo bay where the floor translates down on pullies like an elevator, allowing for rear mount engines and drive-in access for vehicles.

At this stage the mod is currently not in achive development until November when @K.Yeon returns.  That being said i am making a note of suggestions to forward to him once he returns. One thing though that the custodial team and I would like to do is merge that cockpit with its adapter part but it is low on the list of priorities. The tail was removed from the old J parts as it had no ramp, K.Yen scrapped that series before completing it.

Another thing we are considering is adding adapters to make more of the parts interchangeable with each other but again this is low on the priority list.

Thank you for your suggestions and they have been noted.

The mod as it's available contains two folders, OPT and Firespitter, these go in the root of the GameData folder, if you just unpack the mod into a folder labeled OPT whatever in the GameData folder as is, it's not going to work since it's going to mess up file paths, the game is case sensitive (which is really annoying)so everything has to be left exactly as written, even a folder or file relabeled, say Opt instead of OPT, is going to screw things up , and of course you also need Module Manager, in the GameData folder, beyond that all I can think of is that you have another mod causing a conflict, but since the mod is entirely parts with Firespitter only providing fuel switching options for fuel tanks, I don't know why it wouldn't work.