[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

6 minutes ago, BioRoots said:

this is what i see http://imgur.com/a/F6Vi6

From what i can see there is 1 part in that list that was fully removed and that is the adapter plate, you are the first person i have encountered that ever used them. As for the others i am unsure and will take a look at the archived versions. Beyond that there is nothing i can do without your ksp log.

1 minute ago, stali79 said:

From what i can see there is 1 part in that list that was fully removed and that is the adapter plate, you are the first person i have encountered that ever used them. As for the others i am unsure and will take a look at the archived versions. Beyond that there is nothing i can do without your ksp log.

check my edit you took out the opt in the name of the parts http://imgur.com/a/FQhAP

21 minutes ago, BioRoots said:

check my edit you took out the opt in the name of the parts http://imgur.com/a/FQhAP

All you need to do to fix that is edit your .craft files and your pesistent.sfs file to remove the OPT_ from them and the wings will work fine again. Additionally you will need to readd that adapter plate manually from an older version as it has been permanantly removed from the mod. Hope that helps.

EDIT: i dont recognise the engine what was it?

Edited by stali79

On 8/30/2016 at 10:13 PM, stali79 said:

@Starwaster can you take a look at the J-92 engine please, the visual FX does appear to be moving forwards instead of in direction of thrust

The only FX I see doing that are some ring FX that stay confined to the engine exhaust area.

It kind of looks like they're supposed to do that to achieve a certain effect.

6 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

The only FX I see doing that are some ring FX that stay confined to the engine exhaust area.

It kind of looks like they're supposed to do that to achieve a certain effect.

Thats was what i was suspecting.

1 hour ago, stali79 said:

Ummmm.... Hello? I've been using it the whole time. Handy for engines. Don't I count? ;.; I was bummed it got removed. It is also possible that people who use merely forget to mention it. 

43 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Ummmm.... Hello? I've been using it the whole time. Handy for engines. Don't I count? ;.; I was bummed it got removed. It is also possible that people who use merely forget to mention it. 

A lot of parts had to be culled, so the culling was limited to parts we felt had little use or were never used. The plates were scrapped a long time ago by K.Yeon anyway.

22 hours ago, stali79 said:

I am going to have to check. I may need to rerelease. If parts have the OPT_ preceeding them then something may have gone screwy on my end. I am out all day but will check when i get home.

EDIT: making myself late for class today to stay and try to sort this out.  Just checked the part file that you used as an example, MM doesn't patch according to file name, it patches according to game name. So while the FILE may be named OPT_c_6m_cargoTail, the actual name that MM is searching for is c_6m_cargoTail.  

if you notice these lines in the cfg, these relate to the file names online

MODEL
{
    model = OPT/Parts/Avatar/OPT_c_6m_cargoTail
}

But that isn't the name of the part, the parts name is determined by the following line, and it is the name that MM searches for.

name = c_6m_cargoTail

Download UltraSearch and do a search for the files I said you need to delete. If they aren't appearing in your GameData folder then there is something not going right.

Check the following 2 screenshots to see what I am referring to for the KSP.log and those MM files to delete.

Dude you're a champ. Now that I see the screen shots you provided I have seen those files before, not sure why they are not there. UltraSearch didn't find it it either. Its definitely something on my end. Tricky problem for sure.

Just now, Victorsaurus said:

Just out of curiosity, how would I write in instructions for an engine to make dual mode (atmo & space)? 

@sebi.zzr would be best to tell how to do that, he is the genius who got the J-81 working for us. But the basics is that you need to add 2 engines to the config, 1 for each mode.

6 minutes ago, stali79 said:

@sebi.zzr would be best to tell how to do that, he is the genius who got the J-81 working for us. But the basics is that you need to add 2 engines to the config, 1 for each mode.

Ok cool. Actually one of the engines I was thinking of is already dual mode so I'm just a doofus. I'm building a ship now! Oh man, so excited. Still have to make sure all my parts have fuel and what not. Would look so much better with adjustable landing gear but those guys are on lockdown it seems until the UN5 issues are fixed.

Just now, Victorsaurus said:

Ok cool. Actually one of the engines I was thinking of is already dual mode so I'm just a doofus. I'm building a ship now! Oh man, so excited. Still have to make sure all my parts have fuel and what not. Would look so much better with adjustable landing gear but those guys are on lockdown it seems until the UN5 issues are fixed.

Yeah I can't wait for the wheel issues to be fixed, even the OPT wheels were nice before they got scrapped.

http://imgur.com/x7pcHtA Behold the Eagle!

http://imgur.com/gdeJzsP Made it to orbit quite well.

http://imgur.com/BQPvywP Not the most stable on re-entry...but I kid you not it survived and had to be recovered from the west mountains by the KSC. Jeb and Val needed a break after this one.

A couple things I noticed was that for the Stail cargo bays the textures were kind of funny. As you can see the crew also did not show up for whatever reason.

The Avatar shuttle also doesn't match its parts, the cockpit is a bit bigger (http://imgur.com/VVMl3Cq) But hey! Its somewhat working which is awesome!

2 minutes ago, Victorsaurus said:

http://imgur.com/x7pcHtA Behold the Eagle!

http://imgur.com/gdeJzsP Made it to orbit quite well.

http://imgur.com/BQPvywP Not the most stable on re-entry...but I kid you not it survived and had to be recovered from the west mountains by the KSC. Jeb and Val needed a break after this one.

A couple things I noticed was that for the Stail cargo bays the textures were kind of funny. As you can see the crew also did not show up for whatever reason.

The Avatar shuttle also doesn't match its parts, the cockpit is a bit bigger (http://imgur.com/VVMl3Cq) But hey! Its somewhat working which is awesome!

The cockpit you were using never had an IVA made which is why you see no crew. Can you show me the texture issue you mentioned please.

THAT avatar cockpit is for the kraken series, not the avatar series.

Folks, reposting the changelog, and adding a couple of things I forgot to add to it.

• Renamed all fuselage profiles
  • Added J-81 Hybrid Turbojet Nacelle
  • Added new model for JSAS module
  • Cleaned up Firespitter MM Patch
  • Cleaned up Connected Living Space MM Patch
  • Created Default Resource MM Patch
  • Created Interstellar Fuel Switch MM Patch
  • Created Real Fuels Patch
  • Created Modular Fuel Tanks MM Patch.
  • Moved common textures to dedicated folder
  • Set texture referencing for affected models
  • Added the people who helped with this project as easter eggs
  • Added Custom KTAV cockpit
  • Removed OLD K cargo bay & bicoupler
  • Humpback cockpit model optimized
  • Added 'tags =' to part configs for easier searching of parts
  • Updated old 'mesh =' to 'model ='
  • Changed Pylon A and Pylon B to Wing Root A and Wing Root B
  • Experimented with inverted textures (looked kinda cool) But put on hold.
  • Added side attach nodes to Juno and Kraken tanks/bays
  • Added Hyomoto's Antenna blade and updated its texture
  • Reorganised folder/file structure.
  • Some models optimized.
  • Adjusted cockpit masses
  • Removed Chimera cockpit
  • Consolidated remaining Chimera parts into Avatar Parts
  • Parts are searchable by cross section - as in Avatar, Juno etc
  • Kraken and Juno textures reduced from 4096x4096 to 2048*2048

27 minutes ago, stali79 said:

The cockpit you were using never had an IVA made which is why you see no crew. Can you show me the texture issue you mentioned please.

THAT avatar cockpit is for the kraken series, not the avatar series.

Folks, reposting the changelog, and adding a couple of things I forgot to add to it.

• Renamed all fuselage profiles
  • Added J-81 Hybrid Turbojet Nacelle
  • Added new model for JSAS module
  • Cleaned up Firespitter MM Patch
  • Cleaned up Connected Living Space MM Patch
  • Created Default Resource MM Patch
  • Created Interstellar Fuel Switch MM Patch
  • Created Real Fuels Patch
  • Created Modular Fuel Tanks MM Patch.
  • Moved common textures to dedicated folder
  • Set texture referencing for affected models
  • Added the people who helped with this project as easter eggs
  • Added Custom KTAV cockpit
  • Removed OLD K cargo bay & bicoupler
  • Humpback cockpit model optimized
  • Added 'tags =' to part configs for easier searching of parts
  • Updated old 'mesh =' to 'model ='
  • Changed Pylon A and Pylon B to Wing Root A and Wing Root B
  • Experimented with inverted textures (looked kinda cool) But put on hold.
  • Added side attach nodes to Juno and Kraken tanks/bays
  • Added Hyomoto's Antenna blade and updated its texture
  • Reorganised folder/file structure.
  • Some models optimized.
  • Adjusted cockpit masses
  • Removed Chimera cockpit
  • Consolidated remaining Chimera parts into Avatar Parts
  • Parts are searchable by cross section - as in Avatar, Juno etc
  • Kraken and Juno textures reduced from 4096x4096 to 2048*2048

Does the Stail science bay not have IVA either? I couldn't get it to do anything. The Juno science bay works just fine.

Check this out though, looks sick! No IVA but whatever. http://imgur.com/J3xSDhG

You're right on the Kraken and Avatar series. Just getting use to the new parts, its was my bad.

This is the texture I was talking about. I just couldn't tell if its complete or not. I'm still using it. http://imgur.com/NeDn7LP

The science bays never had IVA's.  Will check into the Stail science bay issue.  Thats the texture that part always had :)

How many of the easter eggs have people found so far lol

Edited by stali79

On 8/30/2016 at 5:24 PM, PickledTripod said:

Some textures look very wrong in this realease, like they've been over-compressed. Here's one of the worst examples:

On 8/30/2016 at 8:14 PM, PickledTripod said:

I haven't used that since 1.0.5, and AFAIK it hasn't been updated since before that... Totally unnecessary now that DDS textures are standard.

I have no idea what's causing this, all other mod parts on my install are just fine.

I'm having the same issues. They did not look like this on previous releases of the mod, and I'm not using any texture compression on my end. Most of the parts show this, it's just much more obvious in cockpits and other parts with blacks and dark grays blending. It's like they went from a full color palette to a 64 color palette. If you look closely at the whites, they too have bad banding, it's just the bands are closer in color. Texture resolution is also obviously much lower. I'd suspect some heavy compression is going on.

On 9/4/2016 at 3:03 PM, AmpCat said:

I'm having the same issues. They did not look like this on previous releases of the mod, and I'm not using any texture compression on my end. Most of the parts show this, it's just much more obvious in cockpits and other parts with blacks and dark grays blending. It's like they went from a full color palette to a 64 color palette. If you look closely at the whites, they too have bad banding, it's just the bands are closer in color. Texture resolution is also obviously much lower. I'd suspect some heavy compression is going on.

Be advised, your texture problems could be driver related, I had recently updated my ATI video drivers and the graphics were horrible, the gpu seemed to be choosing the lower resolution mip maps to render, showing graphics very much like what is being illustrated here, I rolled back to a known good version of the drivers and the textures were crystal clear.