[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

7 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

Hi K. Yeon

Looking at the J parts lineup, i can't make out if the cargo bay opens up only on the top or also on the bottom. I'm asking because, if the Stail series is going to be discontinued, the J mk2 cargo bay that opens top and bottom is going to be abandoned too i assume. As you've seen in the photo series i posted, my shuttle carries a rover, which it lowers to the surface using winches. When the shuttle returns to the interplanetary stage in orbit, a robot arm would load cargo containers into the shuttle's cargo bay. But in order to do so, the cargo bay needs to be accessible from the top. 

So, in short: will the new J series have a top &  bottom opening cargo bay? 

I ran into a sort of similar issue, only I was running cargo harvesters. I ended up just having it permanently load and run from a bottom-opening bay. Later on I attached a top opening one next to it for other cargo use. A little difficult. A bay that opens on both top and bottom would have been easier, but not essential.

3 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

@K.Yeon Do you remember this my friend?

@stali79 This concerns the soon to be legacy release of OPT. You set all the cockpits which don't have internals modeled to none. By doing this it is impossible to get Kerbals out of these cockpits for EVAs. The setting should be Placeholder instead.

Its all sorted dude :)

Hi, thank you for this wonderful parts mod. the powerful engines make SSTO building and traveling much easier.

But there are some problems. My KSP game version is 1.2, and i downloaded the Version 1.8.6_Full_REUPLOAD OPT mod at SpaceDock.

1. the connections between parts, espacially wings, are vunerable. it seems like that two parts are connected at one small point. when the plane takes off, the wings are shaking up and down or break apart if there is no reinforcement using struts.

2. some stock ships is lack of other mod parts that are not provided in download.

Again, thank everyone working on this mod and looking forword to OPT 1.9 release.

Hello , first I want to thanks K.Yeon and all the community member for one of the best mods I use.

I detect a problem with the Juno and Stail labs, All the functunality are corrects except that they can't transmit science. 
When I click on "transmit science", antenna is deployed, electicity runs and i have a message " Done " or something like that. Sciences remain in lab and don't go to the KSC.

I made multiple tests on a fresh KSP1.2 install with only OPT 1.8.6 full reupload.

M1Ybjuy.png

Extract of output_log:

Spoiler

Exception handling event onPartActionUICreate in class ModuleScienceLab:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleScienceLab.updateModuleUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceLab.onPartActionUI (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Part].Fire (.Part data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleScienceLab.updateModuleUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceLab.onPartActionUI (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Part].Fire (.Part data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(Part)
UIPartActionWindow:CreatePartList(Boolean)
UIPartActionWindow:UpdateWindow()
UIPartActionController:UpdateActiveWindows()
UIPartActionController:UpdateFlight()
UIPartActionController:Update()

The project ( in SB) 

SkP5zmX.png?1

Thanks for all

Ps : sorry for mistakes but English is not my mother tongue...

Excited as heck for the new update.. love the mod,

just wish it would have landing gears since the original ksp landing gears cant handle any wieght  and adjustable landing gear mods is not updated.

btw any eta on when it might be ready?

On 24/10/2016 at 10:30 PM, rebxxx said:

Hi, thank you for this wonderful parts mod. the powerful engines make SSTO building and traveling much easier.

But there are some problems. My KSP game version is 1.2, and i downloaded the Version 1.8.6_Full_REUPLOAD OPT mod at SpaceDock.

1. the connections between parts, espacially wings, are vunerable. it seems like that two parts are connected at one small point. when the plane takes off, the wings are shaking up and down or break apart if there is no reinforcement using struts.

2. some stock ships is lack of other mod parts that are not provided in download.

Again, thank everyone working on this mod and looking forword to OPT 1.9 release.

Hey man. just a bit of help/advice i can give you here :)

1:) hunt down the 'advanced tweakables' option in the MAIN game settings and turn it on. you will then have option for rigid attachment and auto strutting.

2:) which planes and what parts are missing? i ask as they are my ships and i thought i had them all set to stock.

Sorry for delayed responses guys i have been moving home the last few days, rather suddenly. @Spanksh can you take a look at the lab issue please. i have no net for about 5 weeks other than my cell phone. i can still deal with pull requests on the repo...

On 25.10.2016 at 2:14 PM, Bzhtitude said:

I detect a problem with the Juno and Stail labs, All the functunality are corrects except that they can't transmit science. 
When I click on "transmit science", antenna is deployed, electicity runs and i have a message " Done " or something like that. Sciences remain in lab and don't go to the KSC.

3 hours ago, stali79 said:

@Spanksh can you take a look at the lab issue please. i have no net for about 5 weeks other than my cell phone. i can still deal with pull requests on the repo...

Very odd, I have already fixed that. Maybe an old version sneaked in somehow or it's a new bug. Either way, I'll take a look at it.

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

This ship. By chance is it a "Voyager"? :wink:

Edited 4 hours ago by JadeOfMaar

I'm not sure to realy understand your question , but it's a vessel made to go to Duna and Ike and return (I don't calcule the dV needed for the moment).But after take off and circularisation, It lefts something like 7500 dV. 

1 hour ago, Spanksh said:

Very odd, I have already fixed that. Maybe an old version sneaked in somehow or it's a new bug. Either way, I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for looking at that :))

Edited by Bzhtitude
syntaxis

4 hours ago, stali79 said:

Hey man. just a bit of help/advice i can give you here :)

1:) hunt down the 'advanced tweakables' option in the MAIN game settings and turn it on. you will then have option for rigid attachment and auto strutting.

2:) which planes and what parts are missing? i ask as they are my ships and i thought i had them all set to stock.

Sorry for delayed responses guys i have been moving home the last few days, rather suddenly. @Spanksh can you take a look at the lab issue please. i have no net for about 5 weeks other than my cell phone. i can still deal with pull requests on the repo...

thanks for the help. these are the missing parts planes.

BFj0vng.pngcLhjkOi.png

and missing parts for each ship:

DXrCTJS.pngkAE2IaE.pngzdNP6ES.pngM0h6ch4.png4xMafE3.png

ibHnrj9.png

g0y5xX3.png

and 2 new problems:

•  the space plane cockpits, for i know like kraken  or stall class space plane cockpit, can not view or EVA kerbals but can transfer them to other parts. in the pic below, that was kraken class space plane cockpit whose capacity is 10, and i put 10 kerbals in it. there are only first 3 kerbals are shown at right bottom corner. (no letf or right arrow to swap kerbals so u can only see these three)
  • the plane spawned on runway is off ground, like pic shows. i wish it can be spanwed at lower position so the plane is not damaged because of hitting on the runway.

9lqC7aC.jpg

i am not so sure weather other mods cause these problems, i will try the game with OPT mod only later.

Missing mods are:

Mk2 Expansion

Mk2 essentials

Quantum struts

Navigation lights

Kerbal Planetary Base Systems.

It seems i accidentally added the wrong versions of my ships. these are the ones with payloads for my games rather than the ones with stock parts. sorry guys. worst case extract the ships folder out of the 1.8.5 or 1.8.2 versions on spacedock.

If it still complains about blade antenna then you need to delete it from the .craft file.

Edited by stali79

Hey how do you guys usually land a SSTO on a low grav body like the Mun? I keep trying to land mine backwards on its butt, then tipping it forward so it sets down on its landing gear. But what keeps happening is that when the butt of the ship touches the surface, or the landing gear touches down, the who thing falls apart. Even with auto-strut and rigid attachments on, and even if it lands at just a couple meters per second. It seems really exaggerated, like the crash tolerances are way off. Is this more of the on-going problems with colliders? 

Just now, Victorsaurus said:

Hey how do you guys usually land a SSTO on a low grav body like the Mun? I keep trying to land mine backwards on its butt, then tipping it forward so it sets down on its landing gear. But what keeps happening is that when the butt of the ship touches the surface, or the landing gear touches down, the who thing falls apart. Even with auto-strut and rigid attachments on, and even if it lands at just a couple meters per second. It seems really exaggerated, like the crash tolerances are way off. Is this more of the on-going problems with colliders? 

I use the TGOL vtol engines and TCA and land fine every time

11 hours ago, Victorsaurus said:

Issues with landing without a whole second set of engines for vacuum landings led me to just put landing gears on the butt. Then I just migrated entirely to vertical take off SSTOs, like SpaceX or Blue Origin. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but it saved me lots of headaches. Even works fine for landing in atmospheres, provided you but some airbrakes or something similar on the top.

42 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

Issues with landing without a whole second set of engines for vacuum landings led me to just put landing gears on the butt. Then I just migrated entirely to vertical take off SSTOs, like SpaceX or Blue Origin. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but it saved me lots of headaches. Even works fine for landing in atmospheres, provided you but some airbrakes or something similar on the top.

Got a picture? :) I had a similar idea using KRE Dragon engines but they are not very efficient. 

Hey everyone, just letting you know i created a new OPT page on the addon release section:

This forum post will still remain open until stali creates a proper page for OPT legacy!

Thanks for all the comments and support on this forum page!

sigh, who should i yell at? PLEASE REMOVE MODS FROM PLANE FILES, there, when i try to load a prefabricated plane, it won't load because of some mods that is being used there. for example, quantum struts? WHY? please remove these and just put the parts from your mod there so that we can load and take a look at designs

thanks

5 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

sigh, who should i yell at? PLEASE REMOVE MODS FROM PLANE FILES, there, when i try to load a prefabricated plane, it won't load because of some mods that is being used there. for example, quantum struts? WHY? please remove these and just put the parts from your mod there so that we can load and take a look at designs

thanks

There are only 3 craft files included, the OPT BalariV SSTO, OPT Kannam II SSTO, and OPT ATX-95 Experimental Jet. All of them is created with OPT v1.9.0 parts and stock, nothing else.