[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

9 minutes ago, K.Yeon said:

There are only 3 craft files included, the OPT BalariV SSTO, OPT Kannam II SSTO, and OPT ATX-95 Experimental Jet. All of them is created with OPT v1.9.0 parts and stock, nothing else.

He is referring to mine. @Jiraiyah are you using the legacy pack i put on spacedock today? if yes which planes have the other mods in them? these are my personal planes so its possible i forgot to remove payloads or missed parts when i was cleaning them for the mod upload.

Just now, stali79 said:

He is referring to mine. @Jiraiyah are you using the legacy pack i put on spacedock today? if yes which planes have the other mods in them? these are my personal planes so its possible i forgot to remove payloads or missed parts when i was cleaning them for the mod upload.

i am downloading it from space dock right now, previous download had them, will check, hopefully there won't be anything remained and thanks for reply

1 minute ago, Jiraiyah said:

i am downloading it from space dock right now, previous download had them, will check, hopefully there won't be anything remained and thanks for reply

Its all good mate.

• 2 months later...

I'm going to be a pain and request a CTT cfg to be bundled in this for future releases. Could really do with those massive k parts and cockpits being moved to a later tech node. Will have a look at writing one myself tonight. I usually mess them up though.

4 minutes ago, SmashBrown said:

I'm going to be a pain and request a CTT cfg to be bundled in this for future releases. Could really do with those massive k parts and cockpits being moved to a later tech node. Will have a look at writing one myself tonight. I usually mess them up though.

Let me know what you come up with!
t's always good to see what other people think instead of writing one my self (i haven't use CTT yet), so i can have some reference at least :)

So recently I did some career and I noticed that the blade antenna that comes with opt is availiable from the very start. Could this be moved to a late game tech node? Thanks!

Since this thread was reopened...

After one too many incidents where I ran out of monopropellant with multiple kilometers per second of delta-V left in the tanks, I decided to make a version of the J RCS system that uses LFO instead. @stali79 helpfully packaged them up for everyone and added them to future releases of the Legacy Pack, and gave a download link over in the Showroom thread, which I'm pasting here as well:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qoe1vwfnlxkw89o/OPT_Legacy.rar?dl=0

The new parts store LFO instead of Monoprop as well, and give a bit more of a kick than the old ones.

Also, was there a separate Fuel Switcher config for the Legacy Pack for download somewhere? I noticed that a bunch of the Legacy parts (specifically the Humpback, as that's the one I was playing around with) didn't have any fuel, and while I made a temporary fix for myself, it's not that great and I'd appreciate if someone had a better version. 

1 hour ago, Winchester said:

Since this thread was reopened...

After one too many incidents where I ran out of monopropellant with multiple kilometers per second of delta-V left in the tanks, I decided to make a version of the J RCS system that uses LFO instead. @stali79 helpfully packaged them up for everyone and added them to future releases of the Legacy Pack, and gave a download link over in the Showroom thread, which I'm pasting here as well:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qoe1vwfnlxkw89o/OPT_Legacy.rar?dl=0

The new parts store LFO instead of Monoprop as well, and give a bit more of a kick than the old ones.

Also, was there a separate Fuel Switcher config for the Legacy Pack for download somewhere? I noticed that a bunch of the Legacy parts (specifically the Humpback, as that's the one I was playing around with) didn't have any fuel, and while I made a temporary fix for myself, it's not that great and I'd appreciate if someone had a better version. 

I already fixed the humpback issue, will be sorted in my next update, dont forget i also changed the animations to match the vernier one. :wink:

Edited by stali79

5 hours ago, cheenoat said:

I really want to play with this mod but I put it into the gameplay folder in a new version of the game, no other mods or anything and started playing, however no parts showed up, HELP

just drag the downloaded zip file in your game directory (same place as ksp.exe) and right click extract here. Otherwise you can use ckan

Almost a week ago, I discovered a fuel-related issue that I believe is linked to expanding the Throttle Controlled Avionics from allista, to also include her/his hangar mod (which forces a full install of Configurable Containers), seems to wipe the pre-set fuel options on OPT. After installing hangar, I could slightly customize OPT fuels, but it uses the default fuel maximums for container size, and I believe OPT has an option to really jam considerable fuel into each component, as well as alternatives for just LF, or just mono.

I'm including my mod list for reference, but also conducting a few extra tests to be sure it's some form of interaction with hangar + full Configurable Containers interacting with OPT. All mods were installed using CKAN because I'm a rookie KSP modder, and it's just easier to see where problems arise.

Spoiler

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.3.1
Toolbar - 1.7.13
USI Tools - 0.8.7
B9 Part Switch - 1.5.3
Community Category Kit - 1.2.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.4
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.3
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.0.1
Firespitter - 7.5
Hangar - 3.2.1
RasterPropMonitor - 0.28
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.2
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.1
HyperEdit - 1.5.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.3
NearFutureElectrical - 0.8.2
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
AmpYear - 1.4.4
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.12
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.3.2
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.3
USI Core - 0.3.5
Freight Transport Tech - 0.6.4
Konstruction - 0.1.8
UKS - 0.50.8

Update:

Ok, after uninstalling Allista's Hangar (and the full ConfigurableContainer) and just using the basic ConfigurableContainer.Core required for OPT, I once more got access to the general OPT fuel presets. So I'm not sure anymore if this is something I should be taking to allista for the ConfigurableContainers/Hangar mod, or leaving purely here for an OPT only fix.

For some sample numbers, the OPT J Inline Large Docking Port part... Fuel tanks options include: Totally dry, 720 units of LF, 360 units of LF & 440 Oxidizer, 180 LF & 220 Oxidizer, and finally 252 LF / 308 Oxidizer / 108 Mono.

WITH the full level of ConfigurableContainers (installed by CKAN as part of the Hangar mod installation), the same OTP J Inline Large Docking Port part starts with 360 LF & 440 Oxidizer. Ok, possibly disregard me, it felt like it was underfuelled, but that might have just been from losing the pre-sets.

Edited by Somtaaw
update

15 hours ago, cheenoat said:

I fixed it, I love the K cockpit interior, is there a K science lab planed or a K inline ramp? Also K interior lights not working.

Theres a fix for the k cockpit light on the first page of this thread in the "bug fix and extra download" section.
Perhaps you missed this post:
xhHl2VA.png

The 'KH' profile is designed to have the 'H' type fuselage on top of existing 'K' fuselage. The H fuselage will have a science and crew tank but not for K fuselage it self. This is planned to be added in 1.9.4 (after next update). There will also be a 'K' type part that allows your kerbal travel from bottom of the ship to the top of the ship where then it can access the airlock on top of the cockpits. But i decide to not make a k inline ramp part.

12 hours ago, Somtaaw said:

Almost a week ago, I discovered a fuel-related issue that I believe is linked to expanding the Throttle Controlled Avionics from allista, to also include her/his hangar mod (which forces a full install of Configurable Containers), seems to wipe the pre-set fuel options on OPT. After installing hangar, I could slightly customize OPT fuels, but it uses the default fuel maximums for container size, and I believe OPT has an option to really jam considerable fuel into each component, as well as alternatives for just LF, or just mono.

I'm including my mod list for reference, but also conducting a few extra tests to be sure it's some form of interaction with hangar + full Configurable Containers interacting with OPT. All mods were installed using CKAN because I'm a rookie KSP modder, and it's just easier to see where problems arise.

Reveal hidden contents

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.3.1
Toolbar - 1.7.13
USI Tools - 0.8.7
B9 Part Switch - 1.5.3
Community Category Kit - 1.2.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.4
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.3
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.0.1
Firespitter - 7.5
Hangar - 3.2.1
RasterPropMonitor - 0.28
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.2
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.1
HyperEdit - 1.5.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.3
NearFutureElectrical - 0.8.2
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
AmpYear - 1.4.4
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.12
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.3.2
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.3
USI Core - 0.3.5
Freight Transport Tech - 0.6.4
Konstruction - 0.1.8
UKS - 0.50.8

Update:

Ok, after uninstalling Allista's Hangar (and the full ConfigurableContainer) and just using the basic ConfigurableContainer.Core required for OPT, I once more got access to the general OPT fuel presets. So I'm not sure anymore if this is something I should be taking to allista for the ConfigurableContainers/Hangar mod, or leaving purely here for an OPT only fix.

For some sample numbers, the OPT J Inline Large Docking Port part... Fuel tanks options include: Totally dry, 720 units of LF, 360 units of LF & 440 Oxidizer, 180 LF & 220 Oxidizer, and finally 252 LF / 308 Oxidizer / 108 Mono.

WITH the full level of ConfigurableContainers (installed by CKAN as part of the Hangar mod installation), the same OTP J Inline Large Docking Port part starts with 360 LF & 440 Oxidizer. Ok, possibly disregard me, it felt like it was underfuelled, but that might have just been from losing the pre-sets.

Thanks for that information, my best guess is simply because OPT did not have any support for ConfigurableContainers.

If you take a look at folder GameData/OPT/mm_config, you can see a list of mods that OPT supports (MFT not working i will add fix to OP). Anyway, one of them is OPT_Resource_Defaults, it activates when firespitter is disabled making parts start with just LF and Oxidizer.

For now, just wait till this weekend for the update, is possible i will add support for ConfigurableContainers.

^^^EDIT
@Somtaaw I just downloaded configurable Containers, It doesn't seems to have any problem. Configurable containers converts the volume directly from firespitter fuel switch options, so it should be just a imagination that it's under fueled.
Also you might of missed, that if you have both Liquid fuel and Oxidizer, and delete oxidizer, you need to click the volume button to 'edit tank volume', and click +0.25 to max it to get the 700ish pure Liquid fuel number.

Progress update:
MChGKm7.png

The phoenix cockpit IVA in 1.9.2 is not only empty it also have horrible clippings. But do not worry because almost the entire IVA is has been revamped, and i can feel it, it's going to turn out great!

Edited by K.Yeon
typos

11 hours ago, K.Yeon said:

Thanks for that information, my best guess is simply because OPT did not have any support for ConfigurableContainers.

If you take a look at folder GameData/OPT/mm_config, you can see a list of mods that OPT supports (MFT not working i will add fix to OP). Anyway, one of them is OPT_Resource_Defaults, it activates when firespitter is disabled making parts start with just LF and Oxidizer.

For now, just wait till this weekend for the update, is possible i will add support for ConfigurableContainers.

^^^EDIT
@Somtaaw I just downloaded configurable Containers, It doesn't seems to have any problem. Configurable containers converts the volume directly from firespitter fuel switch options, so it should be just a imagination that it's under fueled.
Also you might of missed, that if you have both Liquid fuel and Oxidizer, and delete oxidizer, you need to click the volume button to 'edit tank volume', and click +0.25 to max it to get the 700ish pure Liquid fuel number.

Yeah, I guess it's more due to me not messing around enough with ConfigContainers, I only really load up on KSP a few times a week. I'm just going to put it down to not being familiar with fuel counts before throwing another mod in to change things up. Thanks for the quick double checking.

Is this OPT customer support...? Yeah, I'm calling from mun orbit because I've got a problem with the inline bording ramp system. I'm on a rescue mission right now, and when trying to EVA, it says the hatch is obstructed, but when trying to open the ramp, it says it is locked. Probably because there's no power... there's a Kerbal trapped inside, nobody can get in or out to EVA over to my ship. Hello...? The rece...ion... get...ng worse...!

I NEED AN ADULT, PLIZ SEND HALP, I'M AT ZE MUN, KTHX
#SaveMalbyKerman

Whelp. Awesome mod tho!

*Addendum for show the urgency of the situation:

PLfefL2.jpg

KNOCK KNOCK, rescue team here - door's closed...? Kbye.

However, funnily enough:

0oE4mdm.jpg

Still trapped in there, though.

Edited by BlackSun
Screencaps

14 hours ago, BlackSun said:

Is this OPT customer support...? Yeah, I'm calling from mun orbit because I've got a problem with the inline bording ramp system. I'm on a rescue mission right now, and when trying to EVA, it says the hatch is obstructed, but when trying to open the ramp, it says it is locked. Probably because there's no power... there's a Kerbal trapped inside, nobody can get in or out to EVA over to my ship. Hello...? The rece...ion... get...ng worse...!

I NEED AN ADULT, PLIZ SEND HALP, I'M AT ZE MUN, KTHX
#SaveMalbyKerman

Depending on what mods you have installed and where you are in your tech progression, you have a couple of options for your immediate situation:

1. The stock-only solution, which is to build a bigger rescue craft that has a Klaw on it, which acts as a forced docking port that can transfer crew through it. The problem with this is that the Klaw is kind of late-game, and you might not have it available yet, in which case your kerbal will have to wait. Unless you're one of those masochists that run with life support mods, in which case you're screwed because your kerbal will be dead before you get the craft up there.

2. Kerbal Inventory System/Kerbal Attachment System. These mods allow you to store parts in an inventory and attach them to craft in space. This includes batteries and docking ports, both of which would let you get your kerbal out of the part. This doesn't require you to be in the later stages of tech progression, but learning how to use it might be a pain, I don't know. I haven't used them myself. Anyway, once again if you're using life support mods, mission failed because you're not getting a rocket back up there in time.

3. Build a big honking K plane and grab the entire part in your cargo hold. Probably the least feasible idea, but it's still possible. :)

Anyway, once you've solved the immediate problem, there are a couple of remedies to keep it from happening again.

The first is to add some battery power to the part, which is something @K.Yeon should be doing - doesn't need to be much, just enough that you can at least open the ramp. Or, maybe add a topside hatch like on some of the other J parts? All stock parts that hold crew have a hatch you can exit from without power, which is why the contract generator doesn't check if you can actually rescue someone from the part in question. 

The second is to install a mod that validates all randomly generated rescue missions against a white list of parts:

This will prevent the mission generator from using anything except stock parts. As the description notes, it doesn't help with any missions already generated, but it will keep future missions using parts that can't be exited from spawning. 

11 minutes ago, Winchester said:

3. Build a big honking K plane and grab the entire part in your cargo hold. Probably the least feasible idea, but it's still possible.

In this case, don't use timewarp (except physical timewarp) or your rescue ship may annihilate

12 minutes ago, Winchester said:

Kerbal Inventory System/Kerbal Attachment System. These mods allow you to store parts in an inventory and attach them to craft in space. This includes batteries and docking ports, both of which would let you get your kerbal out of the part. This doesn't require you to be in the later stages of tech progression, but learning how to use it might be a pain, I don't know. I haven't used them myself.

It's not a pain it all, trust me. KIS/KAS adds tons of to do things on EVA. It is fun, try it.

It even has in game manual item you can read ! :P

13 minutes ago, Winchester said:

1. The stock-only solution, which is to build a bigger rescue craft that has a Klaw on it, which acts as a forced docking port that can transfer crew through it.

Woah! The stock claw does this?! I'm pretty close to unlocking it, maybe I have enough to unlock it already, that changes everything, then! I'll upgrade my rescue ship with one, then.

16 minutes ago, Winchester said:

3. Build a big honking K plane and grab the entire part in your cargo hold. Probably the least feasible idea, but it's still possible. :)

... do cargo holds work that way? No attachment / strapping down inside there needed? No drag or re-entry problems? 's that simple? But anyways, can't do that because it's waaaay right on the tech tree. The claw's easier to get.

19 minutes ago, Winchester said:

The second is to install a mod that validates all randomly generated rescue missions against a white list of parts:

This will prevent the mission generator from using anything except stock parts. As the description notes, it doesn't help with any missions already generated, but it will keep future missions using parts that can't be exited from spawning. 

Handy, that! If the claw doesn't work, I'mma go this route. I tend to do so many rescue missions.

2 minutes ago, BlackSun said:

Woah! The stock claw does this?! I'm pretty close to unlocking it, maybe I have enough to unlock it already, that changes everything, then! I'll upgrade my rescue ship with one, then.

... do cargo holds work that way? No attachment / strapping down inside there needed? No drag or re-entry problems? 's that simple? But anyways, can't do that because it's waaaay right on the tech tree. The claw's easier to get.

Handy, that! If the claw doesn't work, I'mma go this route. I tend to do so many rescue missions.

You might want to use KIS/KAS to add some struts if you go the K plane route, but it's probably the most spectacular way of doing a rescue I can come up with. :)

The contract validator is a good idea regardless, because there are a ton of other mods that are further from stock compliance than OPT - the reason it was written in the first place was because of people getting missions where the kerbals would spawn in ground base modules and stuff, but still floating in space, as the mission generator will use *any* part with crew capacity regardless of whether you can actually get out or not. 

23 minutes ago, Winchester said:

You might want to use KIS/KAS to add some struts if you go the K plane route, but it's probably the most spectacular way of doing a rescue I can come up with. :)

The contract validator is a good idea regardless, because there are a ton of other mods that are further from stock compliance than OPT - the reason it was written in the first place was because of people getting missions where the kerbals would spawn in ground base modules and stuff, but still floating in space, as the mission generator will use *any* part with crew capacity regardless of whether you can actually get out or not. 

Well, I don't want to strut and build stuff as a workaround with those two mods. Those would be awesome for orbital stations, though. So, once I'm there, I'll take a look.

And, I'd naturally want to use cargo bays for this kind of stuff anyways, and for reclaiming other junk in space. It just feels natural to be used for this exact purpose, aside from ferrying stuff up with an SSTO. But the lack of an extendable grappling arm that'll push stuff out / catch stuff, pull it in with proper alignment and keep holding it? Cargo bays are extremely worthless to me without. Sure, plenty of space to put stuff and build your own things inside... but these arms kind or are the most vital part of cargo bays in space, aside from the actual doors. Going the "docking-ring-inside" route seems a bit too flimsy to me, and every part you move has to have a docking ring then, too. Real space shuttles have those arms. I WANT ME ARMS IN SPEZE. CUZ AWESOME.

Is there already a mod for that? If not, this could be another part to complement the beautiful OPT roster of parts. Mountable in any cargo bay, or just the OPT ones, whatever works best :)

As for the rescue part whitelist, having a claw with crew transfer solves the need for that. I got a dedicated line of rescue / soon salvage craft, and this'll be a nice addition if it allows for transfer!