[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@stali79 I imagined that too. :) Should I make a Drone Core? (I cannot add RCS thrusters. It's beyond my talent to do so.)

If you have the skills to model the part then you could take a K fuel tank and shorten it to 0.5-1m thick and add the SAS to the config. another thing you could do if you do the modelling is to add the ports for rcs to the texture/model and I know who can help make the config to make the rcs work.

1 minute ago, stali79 said:

If you have the skills to model the part

I have a bit of a handle on scaling things on an individual axis. What I made is a 3m hollow fuselage scaled to 20% (0.6m) its depth. I can do the texture work and scale down a 3m tank to make the non-hollow SAS/RCS piece. But... a K-size RCS is exactly why I used a hollow bay to begin with. The fans will want to be able to both load/unload something into a K plane and have K-size RCS thrusters near the ramp. :D 

6 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I have a bit of a handle on scaling things on an individual axis. What I made is a 3m hollow fuselage scaled to 20% (0.6m) its depth. I can do the texture work and scale down a 3m tank to make the non-hollow SAS/RCS piece. But... a K-size RCS is exactly why I used a hollow bay to begin with. The fans will want to be able to both load/unload something into a K plane and have K-size RCS thrusters near the ramp. :D 

hmmmm perhaps a model switch option....

23 minutes ago, stali79 said:

hmmmm perhaps a model switch option....

Well this went (or came) rather quickly. Will the non-hollow version be more powerful than the hollow version? I think that could be a good reason to keep them separate parts (if you choose to lean on this idea). Let me know if you want more port holes. :P 

PL6B3gv.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 minute ago, carss said:

Speaking of which, it contains some mods like B9, which I haven't found an updated version of yet

The B9 thread is here. The mod itself is not yet officially updated for 1.3, but most of its dependencies are, and some users are reporting that B9 is working for them in 1.3. 

It seems that blowfish is waiting on an official release of RPM for 1.3 before releasing the official B9 for 1.3. The version of RPM for 1.3 is currently in beta.

Here is my new OPT for Laythe, Hydro SSTO to land own Laythe sea, Stail Cockpit, Avatar Tank and cargo. I will present it on the Exchange thread, but i have a question with the crew

968069screenshot390.png

There's 5 crews in the cockpit and 4 in the lab. I can access only the 2 crews we see on the pic. Is it normal?  I tested ShipManifest which is not a issue for this problem....

21 minutes ago, gilflo said:

Here is my new OPT for Laythe, Hydro SSTO to land own Laythe sea, Stail Cockpit, Avatar Tank and cargo. I will present it on the Exchange thread, but i have a question with the crew

968069screenshot390.png

There's 5 crews in the cockpit and 4 in the lab. I can access only the 2 crews we see on the pic. Is it normal?  I tested ShipManifest which is not a issue for this problem....

Some issues I can see. 1) the stail cockpit should NOT have a crew of more than 2, it ONLY has 2 seats.  2) the portait in the corner shows seats per IVA, Lab has no IVA and that cockpit only has 2 seats in its IVA. 3) Lab should only have a crew of 2.

Edited by stali79

Greetings @K.Yeon,
thanks for this awesome mod.
I have to ask though, are you planning more K parts (both standalone fuselage and top-mounted for KH combo)? Cargo bay, service bay or cockpit might come handy. :)

On 27. 4. 2017 at 0:54 PM, K.Yeon said:

CGZFMG9.png

The 'H' fuselage will come in two variations, a fuselage version (bottom), and another for mounting on top of K fuselage (top).

@Stali79

When in SPH, the crewmenber tab let choose 5 crews for cockpit and 4 scientists for lab. Maybe it's a bug

527501screenshot399.png

Does the mod work with KSP 1.3 or is there an update in progress?

Edited by gilflo

First, I love this mod. I use this all the time. It makes SSTO's so much more interesting and diverse. I do see one thing strange...

OPT-E ROCKET SCRAMJET "HAE-02" doesn't show up in Career mode. I see and have built a plane with it in sandbox and now Research in Career is done I wanted to build a new ship with it in Career.

KSP v. 1.3.0.1804

Opt v. 1.9.9

All Facilities upgraded

Everything researched in Research & Dev

Looking thru the tech tree I don't see this part anywhere in it.

1 hour ago, kpark said:

First, I love this mod. I use this all the time. It makes SSTO's so much more interesting and diverse. I do see one thing strange...

OPT-E ROCKET SCRAMJET "HAE-02" doesn't show up in Career mode. I see and have built a plane with it in sandbox and now Research in Career is done I wanted to build a new ship with it in Career.

KSP v. 1.3.0.1804

Opt v. 1.9.9

All Facilities upgraded

Glad to hear you love OPT. :P I agree about that.

Do you have the bugfixes for this mod? (See red text and spoiler in OP) It is known that this engine was missing is tech node data.

Love the mod, one request:

On the extendable docking connections, would it be possible to add an attachment node or make a generic version so you could attach whatever flavour docking collars one happens to use? I tried accomplishing the same thing with the deployment bay, but didn't have any luck.

1 hour ago, fwdixon said:

Love the mod, one request:

On the extendable docking connections, would it be possible to add an attachment node or make a generic version so you could attach whatever flavour docking collars one happens to use? I tried accomplishing the same thing with the deployment bay, but didn't have any luck.

Things that you attach to animated  parts don't move with the animated part when it extends.

I think I might be able to suggest a way of getting around the docking port problem

Check the part.cfg and look for ModuleDockingNode

This contains a line: "nodeType=size1"

If you want to use a different style of docking port, change this to match the non-standard docking port. This won't change the look, but docking should work.

I still use the old Universal Docking Ports, the multiple sizes from Cpt. Kipard, and they still work with v1.3 after sorting out how node locations/directions are specified. These have a comma-separated list of sizes: "nodeType=size1,size2" The models have multiple coupling rings. While you might have an unwanted effect with something such as Connected Living Space, and it might look odd with a totally different docking port that does have a different nodeType, of similar size, I reckon it's worth a try.

OPT Legacy Update

* Fixed Stail JSL cockpit cew capacity 2 (down from 5)
* Fixed Stail Lab crew capacity 2 (down from 4)
* Added SAGE and SURGE Enginges (JadeofMaar)
* Added K, KH, Humpback OMS units (JadeofMaar)
* Added/updated descriptions for some parts
* Added all cockpit and cabin lights to Light action group
* Fixed duplicate fuel switch options problem
* Removed fuel tankage from Science Lab(s)
* Increased IntakeAir amount in all cockpits (includes OPT Main) and added IntakeAtm which only appears when CommunityResourcePack installed
* Fixed all remaining bulkhead profiles, reversion to J and K from OPTJ and OPTK to sync with OPT Main
* Made proper texture for J60D Hybrid Screamjet (JadeofMaar)
* Raised joint strength of Humpback parts
* Incorporated Stealth Textures via FSTexture Switch
* Stail Aerospike
* Stail - Avatar Adapters (both)
* Stail Drone Core
* Stail - 2.5m Adaptors (Broken)
* Stail BiCoupler (Broken)
* Stail QS Cockpit
* Stail Engine Mount
* Stail 6 & 7m Cockpits.
* Stail Lab
* Stail Fuel Tank
* Stail Tail
* Stail Mk2 Adaptor
* Legacy Pack Wings

** Known Issues

* Door on the 6m Cockpit
* Both Stail - 2.5m Adaptors not changing
* Stail Bicoupler not changing
* OMS units have no RCS/OMS thrust currently

SPECIAL NOTE: @JadeOfMaar and I made a booboo with the .version file.

Edited by stali79
Fixing a booboo

v1.0.7: The Legacy Grows!

K, KH and Humpback SAS!
They are named OMS but the thrusters don't work yet.

fl19ebF.jpg 

J-6X Lineage! 
New engines to carry you to space today! :wink: 
WarpJet engine (left), slightly improved classic ScreamJet (middle) and new J-60D for Dual (right).

lVNnBkY.jpg

Long (S.U.R.G.E.) and short (S.A.G.E.) WarpJet engines!

bOJwmXi.jpg MdChthN.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar