[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

v1.0.7: The Legacy Grows!

K, KH and Humpback SAS!
They are named OMS but the thrusters don't work yet.

fl19ebF.jpg 

J-6X Lineage! 

New engines to carry you to space today! :wink: 
WarpJet engine (left), slightly improved classic ScreamJet (middle) and new J-60D for Dual (right).

lVNnBkY.jpg

Long (S.U.R.G.E.) and short (S.A.G.E.) WarpJet engines!

bOJwmXi.jpg MdChthN.jpg

I thought the white texture on the right was a new version for the SURGE lol, Thank you for us not having to use the butchery that was my original modified texture lol.

9 minutes ago, stali79 said:

I thought the white texture on the right was a new version for the SURGE lol, Thank you for us not having to use the butchery that was my original modified texture lol.

Yes, when I saw what could only be politely described as a placeholder :D I had to try to do something about it. It's even better than the SURGE imo. 

@PanzerAce Actually no. Both are still going, but only OPT Main is bound to K. Yeon's dev plans. This update of OPT Legacy finally comes now because I was able and eager to dump some contributions in, and it seems larger than usual because it has new parts and screenshots of them.

21 minutes ago, PanzerAce said:

Ok, I'm confused. Is the OPT legacy mod the only one going now then?

The original purpose of the legacy pack was a community maintennance of OPT while @K.Yeon was working overseas.  It was then expanded to restore and update a lot of older parts that had been superceded or scapped.  Once K.Yeon returned he resumed development and all the parts he had in his dev path were removed from the community pack and it was renamed to OPT Legacy. The legacy pack has NO active development but occasionally gets updated with community submitted parts that fill in some gaps in the main mod.

EDIT: Should K.Yeon decide to make his own versions of community submitted parts they get removed from the Legacy Pack, same happens with any parts that he decides to revamp but there is some exceptions like the J cockpit. 

11 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@PanzerAce Actually no. Both are still going, but only OPT Main is bound to K. Yeon's dev plans. This update of OPT Legacy finally comes now because I was able and eager to dump some contributions in, and it seems larger than usual because it has new parts and screenshots of them.

Its also larger because I incorporated my stealth textures.

Edited by stali79

Here, FTFY

@PART[b2_4m_adaptor_variant]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		textureNames = OPT_Legacy/Parts/Stail/texture_ij_4m_adaptor;OPT_Legacy/Textures_Legacy/texture_ij_4m_adaptor_alt_n
		objectNames = ij_4m_adaptor
		textureDisplayNames = Original;Night
		statusText = Current Texture
		showPreviousButton = false
	}
}
@PART[b2_adaptor]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		textureNames = OPT_Legacy/Parts/Stail/texture_ij_4m_adaptor_alt;OPT_Legacy/Textures_Legacy/texture_ij_4m_adaptor_n
		objectNames = IJ4mTRI.001;IJ4mTRI
	}
}
@PART[b_2m_bicoupler]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		textureNames = OPT_Legacy/Parts/Stail/texture_j_2m_bicoupler;OPT_Legacy/Textures_Legacy/texture_j_2m_bicoupler
		objectNames = j_bicoupler
	}
}

The bicoupler was referencing the wrong texture, one of the adaptors was referencing the wrong object and texture, and the other was missing its entry entirely.

12 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Because I'm an idiot after 5-day weekends apparently: So to clarify, Legacy is 1.3 compatible, but does not necessarily include the parts in OPT main that are waiting to be brought over?

@PanzerAce It's a bit of a spider's web between both mods. For instance, OPT Legacy will have new parts that go along with OPT Main form factors without waiting for a release of OPT Main and without waiting for K. Yeon to make them himself (like literally all the OMS parts). Any parts that are retired from Main will move into Legacy. I hope this answer works.

Yes, the OPT mods themselves are 1.3-compatible.

Hi,  new to posting on here but have been addictively playing ksp for 6 months now.  Firstly Both OPT and OPT legacy mods are friggin awesome.  Kudos to you guys for your work, it is really awesome.  I wanted to let you know that the "humpback class tail cargo ramp" has a slight issue, not sure if you already know about it.  If so please disregard; but when opening it, there is no " slow animation"(i'm sure you know what I mean).  It just kinda slams open.  Closing however is just fine.  It just opens like it does when in editor mode.  If you need a list of what I'm running please let me know.  Thanks again.

3 hours ago, Diggz81 said:

Hi,  new to posting on here but have been addictively playing ksp for 6 months now.  Firstly Both OPT and OPT legacy mods are friggin awesome.  Kudos to you guys for your work, it is really awesome.  I wanted to let you know that the "humpback class tail cargo ramp" has a slight issue, not sure if you already know about it.  If so please disregard; but when opening it, there is no " slow animation"(i'm sure you know what I mean).  It just kinda slams open.  Closing however is just fine.  It just opens like it does when in editor mode.  If you need a list of what I'm running please let me know.  Thanks again.

Unfortunately nothing can really be done about the Humpback tail, it is a discontinued part.

14 hours ago, stali79 said:

Unfortunately nothing can really be done about the Humpback tail, it is a discontinued part.

Ah, Gotcha.  Since I downloaded both legacy and new opt parts i got confused on which one is which.  thank you!

26 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

So, as I watched the YT video of the installation guide, it's pretty much the usual 'copy the stuff from the mod's gamedata to KSP's gamedata'?

Is this a question?

4 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Yes. Do you just copy the stuff inside the gamedata folder, and paste them in KSP's gamedata folder?

if thats what the instructions say to do then yes lol

Quick question, i dont know if anyone else has experienced this, and im at a loss of how to stop it.  Im using the k series w/cargo bay and tail ramp.  I try to put a rover in it, by launching rover first, then parking it off the side of the runway and loading up the plane second.  Im able to dock it with dock ports on the floor of the bay, and one on the bottom of the rover.  When i get to my landing site, i go to decouple the rover and it launches it up into the air....these are docking ports too, not decouplers.  Didnt know if im missing something, anyone else experience this?  Im using mks rover parts too.

2 hours ago, Diggz81 said:

Quick question, i dont know if anyone else has experienced this, and im at a loss of how to stop it.  Im using the k series w/cargo bay and tail ramp.  I try to put a rover in it, by launching rover first, then parking it off the side of the runway and loading up the plane second.  Im able to dock it with dock ports on the floor of the bay, and one on the bottom of the rover.  When i get to my landing site, i go to decouple the rover and it launches it up into the air....these are docking ports too, not decouplers.  Didnt know if im missing something, anyone else experience this?  Im using mks rover parts too.

That problem has to do with the rover wheel suspension being compressed by the docking port magnetism and possibly the wheels clipping into the bay floor when connected. Once the rover decouples, the suspension decompresses, and added to potential not-immediately-deadly clipping, the rover is launched up. Once you can find the tiny adjustment(s) that need to be made, and make them, this problem will go away.

Also, word on the vine is USI parts particularly dislike being clipped.

Hi guys! first of all, I absolutely love this mod! keep on doing what you are doing 'cause you are doing it very good! second, i'd like to ask for some craft files, as i am quite a lazy love and i just want to dick around with this in sandbox. thanks in advance!

On 12/07/2017 at 1:46 AM, bjornadri said:

Hi guys! first of all, I absolutely love this mod! keep on doing what you are doing 'cause you are doing it very good! second, i'd like to ask for some craft files, as i am quite a lazy love and i just want to dick around with this in sandbox. thanks in advance!

here is some of my older planes.

I just uploaded 4 planes to KerbalX. All of which feature the new WarpJet engines, and only one is KH class, featuring KH Inline SAS. Click on my signature.

I may have to revisit the big one. I don't know if it has the TWR to carry any significant mass in payload to orbit.

gEex9ok.jpg

However I tried to get my test plane with J-60D engines to lift an orange tank. It failed so no upload. :(