[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Hi Everyone.

I was assembly a space plane based on "H" profile chassis and find out that there is no cargo bay with "H" profile...
My doubts are:
- Did I instaled the MOD wrong and that´s why I haven´t a "H" profile cargo bay on my parts list?
or
- It is a part not released in this MOD version?
and
- How can I try to make one and post it here to be added in the next version (never tried make a MOD before but i´m kinda intrested in doing it...)? 

Thanks in advance and sorry (not native english and I know that sometimes it is written little rude).

16 minutes ago, F3l1p3 said:

Hi Everyone.

I was assembly a space plane based on "H" profile chassis and find out that there is no cargo bay with "H" profile...
My doubts are:
- Did I instaled the MOD wrong and that´s why I haven´t a "H" profile cargo bay on my parts list?
or
- It is a part not released in this MOD version?
and
- How can I try to make one and post it here to be added in the next version (never tried make a MOD before but i´m kinda intrested in doing it...)? 

Thanks in advance and sorry (not native english and I know that sometimes it is written little rude).

Your english is fine mate. When in doubt make sure the mod is installed correctly. From memory just extract the entire archive into your main ksp folder. Do you see other OPT parts?

27 minutes ago, stali79 said:

Your english is fine mate. When in doubt make sure the mod is installed correctly. From memory just extract the entire archive into your main ksp folder. Do you see other OPT parts?

Thanks.

Yes they´re all seem to be listed except for any "H" profile cargobay, there are other "H" profile parts like Drone core, crew cabin and fuel fuselage.

I am starting to think that the instalation is ok, maybe i´ll try to make one, just not shure how...

Yesterday I had a "problem", not sure if I still miss parts because of the career tech tree (I use "Unmanned before manned" tech tree besides SETI).

There are some parts whose purpose can't be to be stacked into the other parts (like fuselage, crew cabin etc. - parts like a VTOL engine), like they should be radially attached or better said, 90° off the stacking line.
But these parts also got an OPT profile, like J.

Are there adapter parts which got the profile (like K), not only on both ends but also on the sides? Or a K profile on the ends and a J profile on the sides?
And I "only" just miss them because of they're not unlocked yet?

Edited by Gordon Dry

A

1 minute ago, Gordon Dry said:

Yesterday I had a "problem", not sure if I still miss parts because of the career tech tree (I use "Unmanned before manned" tech tree besides SETI).

There are some parts whose purpose can't be to be stacked into the other parts (like fuselage, crew cabin etc. - parts like a VTOL engine), like they should be radially attached or better said, 90° off the stacking line.
But these parts also got an OPT profile, like J.

Are there adapter parts which got the profile (like K), not only on both ends but also on the sides? Or a K profile on the ends and a J profile on the sides?
And I "only" just miss them because of they're not unlocked yet?

Are you referring to side attach nodes on the J fuel tanks?

@Gordon Dry OPT does not have parts like what you are suggesting. @stali79 I think he means parts like the junction parts in Mk2 and Mk3 Expansion for making perpendicular stacks and cross-shaped craft.

The closest thing is to put a J-92 engine or an ARI-75 cluster in a J Deployment bay or attach J-81 nacelles to the plane's sides and keep them in Closed Cycle.

A low profile concentric aerospike or Avengers Helicarrier style lift engine to clip through the largest wings would be pretty nice in this case.

@F3l1p3 Your installation is just fine. The OPT H parts are just very few. H series might only exist just to complement the K series and may not meant to be its own complete, independent profile.

27 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Gordon Dry OPT does not have parts like what you are suggesting. @stali79 I think he means parts like the junction parts in Mk2 and Mk3 Expansion for making perpendicular stacks and cross-shaped craft.

The closest thing is to put a J-92 engine or an ARI-75 cluster in a J Deployment bay or attach J-81 nacelles to the plane's sides and keep them in Closed Cycle.

A low profile concentric aerospike or Avengers Helicarrier style lift engine to clip through the largest wings would be pretty nice in this case.

@F3l1p3 Your installation is just fine. The OPT H parts are just very few. H series might only exist just to complement the K series and may not meant to be its own complete, independent profile.

Oh, I see.

Thanks for asking.

So if I wanted to make a "H" profile cargobay, should I probably download the source code and start to modify it from the original "H" profile fuel tank?

10 hours ago, F3l1p3 said:

Oh, I see.
Thanks for asking.
So if I wanted to make a "H" profile cargobay, should I probably download the source code and start to modify it from the original "H" profile fuel tank?

Like JadeOfMaar said the H fuselage is just few parts that complements the K fuselage. I didn't make a cargo bay for it because H fuselage doesn't have much volume, as it has the same height as the Mk2 fuselage. I don't really like making parts that have the same functions of a stock part.

if you want to make the part your self, i guess you should watch something like this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRJ1qI8uoY. Once you understand how it works, you can import the OPT models using .mu import addon for blender, and make the adjustments you need. But at that point you could probably make your own mod which is always fun to do :) If you need help just go to addon development and ask a question

9 hours ago, K.Yeon said:

Like JadeOfMaar said the H fuselage is just few parts that complements the K fuselage. I didn't make a cargo bay for it because H fuselage doesn't have much volume, as it has the same height as the Mk2 fuselage. I don't really like making parts that have the same functions of a stock part.

if you want to make the part your self, i guess you should watch something like this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRJ1qI8uoY. Once you understand how it works, you can import the OPT models using .mu import addon for blender, and make the adjustments you need. But at that point you could probably make your own mod which is always fun to do :) If you need help just go to addon development and ask a question

Cool, Very good information, i´ll try to male it.

Depending on the result i´ll post it here...

Thanks.

I am having trouble with the interior screens where the navball and whatever would be desplayed, I can see everything else, but the screen just has some text on it.

Screeshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1107473976

I have all the mods installed that detail the interior, but I still dont see anything but those lines of text.

Help?

50 minutes ago, Slasher said:

I am having trouble with the interior screens where the navball and whatever would be desplayed, I can see everything else, but the screen just has some text on it.

Screeshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1107473976

I have all the mods installed that detail the interior, but I still dont see anything but those lines of text.

Help?

I'm not sure which does which, as I never use the IVAs, but try clicking on the buttons around the screens - THAT much I DO know.  Depending on which button you click, it changes the screen to whatever you need it to do at the moment, much like real-life MFDs.

2 hours ago, MaxxQ said:

I'm not sure which does which, as I never use the IVAs, but try clicking on the buttons around the screens - THAT much I DO know.  Depending on which button you click, it changes the screen to whatever you need it to do at the moment, much like real-life MFDs.

Ah. I see. I clicked the ones above and aside the screen and gave up before I looked at the bottom. Thanks.

On 10/08/2017 at 1:29 PM, F3l1p3 said:

Cool, Very good information, i´ll try to male it.

Depending on the result i´ll post it here...

Thanks.

Definatly somethin id be interested in, may be good for launchin prbes side by side...

1 hour ago, TheCaptain13 said:

Hey, experiencing crashes when I play. Can someone help? Here is link to my crash log.
Part 1 Part 2
I am new to Kerbal and followed the guide on installing all stuff properly, from my testing its only OPT that crashes. help would be appreciated. 

You launched the 32 bit version of KSP and then ran out of RAM (OutOfMemoryException near end of log). Adding large mods needs you to run the 64bit version of KSP.

Hi, so I know its been a while but I FINALLY got a new computer! Yay! So of course I had to install KSP, right? And then duh I have to install my favorite mod, OPT! First I confirmed it launched stock, then when I popped OPT normal and legacy with all bundled mods and ships, (basically FireSpitter) and the game got a null ref on the part OPT_Legacy/Parts/Engines/SAGE/OPT_SAGE/opt_sage. I'd provide the log, but tbh, its been a while and I forgot where it was. I'll upload it if someone shows me where it is. Thanks, hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm off to bed for now. :) 

9 hours ago, Mycroft said:

a null ref on the part OPT_Legacy/Parts/Engines/SAGE/OPT_SAGE/opt_sage.

Hey @Mycroft it's been ages. :) I'm glad you're back. The SAGE and SURGE engines require Community Resource Pack as they use a non-stock propellant (IntakeAtm)

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Hey @Mycroft it's been ages. :) I'm glad you're back. The SAGE and SURGE engines require Community Resource Pack as they use a non-stock propellant (IntakeAtm)

Thanks Jade! Yeah if a mod isnt working, add more! :D I figured it might be something like that, installling community resource pack now. Also I saw that SOMEBODY was listed as an OPT dev! Congrats! 

Yay it worked, thanks!