%PacketSize = 2
            %PacketResourceCost = 15.0
        }
    }

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

without him playing with the OPT Legacy and RT antenna does not work

Sure

This mod is fantastic, excellent work. I do have one issue though and it's with the OPT J Service Bay. When they are closed it says they are not closed in the console debug and when they are open it says they are closed in the console. So in other words, the game is reporting the opposite status of what they actually are. This becomes a problem when you open the bay doors and try to deploy solar panels or radiators. They cannot be deployed with the doors open as it says "can't deploy while stowed". I can however deploy them with the doors closed as it thinks the doors are open. 

Anyone else have this issue or know a fix? Mod is up to date.

EDIT* Just did a quick test and all OPT cargo bays have the same issue. I also checked the drag on items inside the cargo bay and it's reporting that backwards aswell. When the door are closed every item is getting drag and no drag when the doors are open. It also reports all items as not shielded regardless if the doors are open or not.

EDIT 2* I tried a clean install of KSP and only installed OPT, Modulemanger, and Firespitter but still experience this issue. I'm stumped. Only thing I can think of is a setting in the config file???

Edited by DougS2K
New information

Good to hear your looking into it and thanks for your efforts. :) I'm not knowledgeable enough to dive into config files and try to fix it I don't think. For now I'm flying with the bay doors open which looks ridiculous and I think it's confusing Jeb. haha 

@DougS2K If you can, please open GameData/OPT_Legacy/MM_Patches/OPT_AeroShield.cfg and replace its contents with this. Compared to what you described I may have completely reversed the cargo bay functions.

Spoiler

@PART[k_oms,k_oms_hollow,kh_oms_hollow]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
    {
        @closedPosition=0
        @lookupRadius=3.9
    }
}

{
	@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
    {
        @DeployModuleIndex=0
		@closedPosition=0
        @lookupRadius=3.9
    }
}

@PART[l_oms_hollow]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
    {
        @DeployModuleIndex=0
		@closedPosition=0
        @lookupRadius=5
    }
}

Edited by JadeOfMaar

27 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@DougS2K If you can, please open GameData/OPT_Legacy/MM_Patches/OPT_AeroShield.cfg and replace its contents with this. Compared to what you described I may have completely reverse the cargo bay functions.

Hide contents

{
	@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
    {
        @closedPosition=0
        @lookupRadius=3.9
    }
}

{
	@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
    {
        @DeployModuleIndex=0
		@closedPosition=0
        @lookupRadius=3.9
    }
}

@PART[l_oms_hollow]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
    {
        @DeployModuleIndex=0
		@closedPosition=0
        @lookupRadius=5
    }
}

Ok I will make changes and test it now.

EDIT* Tested this on ships I have already built which include the J service bay, KH cargo bay and K cargo bay and it has fixed the problem! Thanks for fixing this issue. I figured it was a simple reverse of functions but I had no idea how to fix it. I'm surprised no one else has noticed this problem.

Edited by DougS2K

Release :: OPT Legacy 1.0.8

• Corrected bugs from Stealth texture changer. - Thank you @EthanKerbman
  • Both Stail - 2.5m Adaptors fixed (stealth skin)
  • Stail Bicoupler fixed (Stealth skin)
  • Redefined ARI-73 engine. It consumes only LiquidFuel now and serves as nuclear jet and advanced nuclear rocket
  • Added improved particles to SAGE, SURGE, ARI-73, J60D, J-81 engines 
  • Added Tweakscale to SAGE, SURGE, ARI-73, J60D engines
  • Renamed K, KH, Humpabk OMS to SAS and added fuel switching to complement OPT Main RCS
  • Moved some engines in tech trees as follow-up to OPT Main engines moving
  • Added a tech tree node
  • Renamed all Legacy engines to fit OPT-E name convention
  • All Legacy wings:
    • Added Tweakscale
    • Fixed drag problem: reduced overall drag effect to 20%
    • Restored lifting surface
    • Renamed to fit OPT-W name convention with Main wings
  • Added gimbal (does not animate) to Main and Legacy aerospike engines
  • Fixed a problem with all OPT cargo bays.
  • Minor rebalance to some engines.
  • Added RemoteTech antenna patch. - Thanks to @miromed

The best part imo is the redefined ARI-73. New description, new FX, and it only consumes LF, making it stand apart from OPT Main's ARI-75. It will answer everyone's need for an effective "nuclear" jet engine, and a superior "nuclear" rocket enabling OPT SSTOs that don't carry Oxidizer or the unwholesome stock nuclear engine. With Tweakscale support too!

5JH5oFO.jpg

vcAaN78.png

In addition (or second place) are the legacy wings. 80% less drag and fully usable again (with Tweakscale). Of course, such a reduction in drag will have its downside......

And in third place: a new tech tree node. Folks will need to research just a little harder to acquire the most OP very best of OPT's engines.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Subset OPT_TweakScale2.cfg, now, if TweakScale is not installed, there are no errors at boot time and added another engine to the config (turboRamJetj_60) to the already available (turboRamJetj_60d)

Spoiler

// For newly added legacy engines and one that should have had the option the entire time

// == Engines ==
@PART[arie73]:NEEDS[TweakScale] // OPT ARI-73
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[opt_surge,turboRamJetj_60d,turboRamJetj_60]:NEEDS[TweakScale] // OPT WarpJet S.U.R.G.E. & Hybrid ScreamJet J-60D
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[opt_sage]:NEEDS[TweakScale]// OPT WarpJet S.A.G.E.
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[wing_1a,winglet_1a,winglet_1b,winglet_1c]:NEEDS[TweakScale] // OPT Legacy Wings
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free_square
    }
}

This mod is awesome!!!! it looks great and the several fuselage types are extremely functional! many thanks!!!!

Just leaving the below here in case it's useful for anyone:

I intend to use this mod under Realism Overhaul, and was having a mass related issue: the parts did not have the actual mass that was stated in their descriptions, but only a fraction of it (a very small one actually).

I read the following post and incorporated basemass = -1 to the OPT_RF.cfg and that fixed it!

On 4/28/2017 at 1:17 PM, Starwaster said:

@K.Yeon

Bug report: 

• OPT_MFT.cfg - all references to :NEEDS[RealFuels] need to be changed to :NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks] or else it will add TWO MODULEs named ModuleFuelTanks
  • OPT_RF.cfg - volumes are too small. They should be 5x the volumes that you assigned in OPT_MFT.cfg (so, the j_4m_crew part should have volume = 10125 as RF volumes are in liters)
  • Also, you should probably add basemass = -1 to all the ModuleFuelTanks modules in the config. At the very least that should be done to the cockpits but probably also to the other parts as well. If not then Real Fuels will scale down the mass and probably scale it down too far. (example, with RF, the type K cockpit is coming in at around 101 kg)
  • It doesn't make sense for the J Inline Boarding Ramp part to have resources added at all. Looking at it when open, it can't store anything in the sides or the bottom. The starboard side is open and can't hold anything and the port side is going to have crew moving through it. The bottom will also be empty.

@RazeBerry the above is probably why you are seeing negative masses. When mods report mass changes, they do so as a mass delta so if ModuleFuelTank is lowering masses then it's doing it twice because there are two of that module on each OPT part.

Many thanks for this beautiful mod!

Edited by hypervelocity

28 minutes ago, miromed said:

Subset OPT_TweakScale2.cfg, now, if TweakScale is not installed, there are no errors at boot time and added another engine to the config (turboRamJetj_60) to the already available (turboRamJetj_60d)

Thanks for that. I'll add it in.

Very nice update, well done. The new sound effects and visuals for the ARI-73 are great. After some testing though, they may be a bit overpowered IMO. Converted one of my SSTO's that have NERV's for VAC flight and by using these and ditching some other engines because of the duel function of these for VAC and ASL, my VAC delta v went from around 5,000 to just over 10,000. :o

Edited by DougS2K

48 minutes ago, Scorpiodude said:

This mod crashes my game when I revert flights or when I put the folder in plugins. can someone tell me which folders to put opt in?

When you install this mod, the path for it needs to look like MyKSPFolder\GameData\OPT_Legacy\

Make sure you have a version of Firespitter for KSP 1.3 if you're using KSP 1.3, and that you only have one ModuleManager DLL file... the latest version.

If you did these right, scroll up a little and click the link in @stali79 signature. Help us to help you.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

12 hours ago, miromed said:

Reveal hidden contents

// For newly added legacy engines and one that should have had the option the entire time

// == Engines ==
@PART[arie73]:NEEDS[TweakScale] // OPT ARI-73
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[opt_surge,turboRamJetj_60d,turboRamJetj_60]:NEEDS[TweakScale] // OPT WarpJet S.U.R.G.E. & Hybrid ScreamJet J-60D
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[opt_sage]:NEEDS[TweakScale]// OPT WarpJet S.A.G.E.
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[wing_1a,winglet_1a,winglet_1b,winglet_1c]:NEEDS[TweakScale] // OPT Legacy Wings
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free_square
    }
}

If Tweakscale is installed, it was hidden in with some other mod. I don't use it or want it.

As for logs, I saw the errors, removed the mod and restarted and errors went away. I didn't save any logs from when it errored. It was getting too late.

5 minutes ago, Vorg said:

If Tweakscale is installed, it was hidden in with some other mod. I don't use it or want it.

As for logs, I saw the errors, removed the mod and restarted and errors went away. I didn't save any logs from when it errored. It was getting too late.

Tweakscale is one of those mods where i would say is a big help to opt. The ability to rescale things like your wings etc is vital for larger craft.

Without logs there is nothing we can do to help.

Hello there. I decided to try OPT parts and faced up to... some inconsistency? Becase with OPT crafts become bigger but with worth perfomance compared to stock. And so here is an example: OPT K Fuel tank 6m has room only for 4680 LF. Stock Mk3 Rocket Fuel Fuselage has room for 5000 fuel. And mk3 fuselage is about 3 times smaller and already includes some coefficients for structural integrity and heat resistance (stock Kerbodyne S3-7200 is even smaller and has 7200 fuel). And while it was not so bad for J series (but still underperform compared to stock mk2 series by ~20%), K has some real problems. Also as mentioned above K Fuel tank 6m has 4680, K Hollow Fuselage has 2520 wich seems accurate as fuel is contained inside mk2 sides, but there is huge hollow area inside that can be filled with lots and lots of fuel, not just 2160. Rockomax X-200-32 + X-200-16 fit easily inside with enough space by sides and it is already 4800 fuel...So.. what the point of making K fuel tanks so puffy?

1 hour ago, Khalkion said:

Hello there. I decided to try OPT parts and faced up to... some inconsistency? Becase with OPT crafts become bigger but with worth perfomance compared to stock. And so here is an example: OPT K Fuel tank 6m has room only for 4680 LF. Stock Mk3 Rocket Fuel Fuselage has room for 5000 fuel. And mk3 fuselage is about 3 times smaller and already includes some coefficients for structural integrity and heat resistance (stock Kerbodyne S3-7200 is even smaller and has 7200 fuel). And while it was not so bad for J series (but still underperform compared to stock mk2 series by ~20%), K has some real problems. Also as mentioned above K Fuel tank 6m has 4680, K Hollow Fuselage has 2520 wich seems accurate as fuel is contained inside mk2 sides, but there is huge hollow area inside that can be filled with lots and lots of fuel, not just 2160. Rockomax X-200-32 + X-200-16 fit easily inside with enough space by sides and it is already 4800 fuel...So.. what the point of making K fuel tanks so puffy?

I think it's a tradeoff for the extra lift the K and J tanks provide. Kind of like the MK2 tanks where you get the same fuel as a MK1 liquid fuel tank but it's bulkier/wider because it also provides lift. I have built many spaceplane's with this mod and have never really had an issue with fuel tank size regardless of how big or small of a plane I build. Although I do use B9 procedural wings with my OPT builds which allow the wings to be filled with fuel, so that may be why I don't notice this issue.

My issue with the K series is lack of crew cabin which is really only a factor when you use USI and have to factor in Habitation time. Can't have it all I guess. :D

Edited by DougS2K

@Khalkion It's very likely that K.Yeon did not pay that much attention to balancing his tanks against Stock (and each other). Heck, this issue is one that no one else may ever have noticed (much less, reported) till you came along. :) I did somewhat notice an overall lack of consistency when I wrote my USI LS config for OPT. In addition to adjusting the fuel amounts, the extra dry mass added to the tanks (that he did for stock balancing) may need to be undone as the plane parts could all become too heavy and break apart on physics load.