[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

1 hour ago, Stormie said:

OK I just can NOT get this to work with 1.3.1

I have all the dependencies, I've installed everything in the right place, and I can get to the KSP main menu, but when trying to actually start or load a game, it'll go to the load screen and crash after 5 seconds >_< I really don't want to revert to 1.3.0 because that would require re-downloading previous versions of all the OTHER mods I use, this is the only one causing an issue. Halp?

I see the drop tanks are still in Legacy Parts.  Will these be updated to the main pack again?  or are they being dropped?

The reason i ask is becasue if they will be reworked, and put back in the main pack, i would like to request a (relchute) parachute be added to the tail end of the tank.  This is for 2 reasons.  first, obviously, so i can safly recover the drop tanks.  and secondly, the reason for the chute to be in the tail end, is if i do not actually drop the tank the chute could be used as a drogue chute upon landing.

1 hour ago, Bit Fiddler said:

I see the drop tanks are still in Legacy Parts.  Will these be updated to the main pack again?  or are they being dropped?

The reason i ask is becasue if they will be reworked, and put back in the main pack, i would like to request a (relchute) parachute be added to the tail end of the tank.  This is for 2 reasons.  first, obviously, so i can safly recover the drop tanks.  and secondly, the reason for the chute to be in the tail end, is if i do not actually drop the tank the chute could be used as a drogue chute upon landing.

At this stage @JadeOfMaar and Myself have no idea with regards to the main pack as @K.Yeon is MIA.

Your idea is sound but requires modelling skills that I know I do not have, not sure about Jade though.  Would require 2 new models to be made.

7 hours ago, Stormie said:

OK I just can NOT get this to work with 1.3.1

I have all the dependencies, I've installed everything in the right place, and I can get to the KSP main menu, but when trying to actually start or load a game, it'll go to the load screen and crash after 5 seconds >_< I really don't want to revert to 1.3.0 because that would require re-downloading previous versions of all the OTHER mods I use, this is the only one causing an issue. Halp?

We can't do a thing without those handy things called logs mate.

well i know nothing about getting the models into unity, i have started to look into it a few times, but never seem to get it done.  however, i am more than happy to make any 3D models you wish in blender and provide the mesh. 

The use of "bulkheadProfiles = pod" in j81turbojet.cfg (OPT-E Hybrid Engine Nacelle "J-81 The S3B1ZzR") is unusual. Maybe change it to a already used bulkhead value in the game. This is a part in the Legacy collection.

8 minutes ago, Kolago said:

The use of "bulkheadProfiles = pod" in j81turbojet.cfg (OPT-E Hybrid Engine Nacelle "J-81 The S3B1ZzR") is unusual. Maybe change it to a already used bulkhead value in the game. This is a part in the Legacy collection.

Fixed. Thanks. :) It's been changed to "srf" for surface-attach parts.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

35 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

There are inline drone cores

Yeah, I meant to say for fuselage types other than J and H, sorry lol :S

Also the front-mounted drone core seems to be missing for me, have I installed incorrectly?

Also also, what happened to the cockpit docking ports? D:

48 minutes ago, b0ss said:

Yeah, I meant to say for fuselage types other than J and H, sorry lol :S

Also the front-mounted drone core seems to be missing for me, have I installed incorrectly?

Also also, what happened to the cockpit docking ports? D:

46 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Those got removed because people were having trouble with them and the mod author couldn't get them working... I guess? 

A part can only have a single control point. Once you chose to control from the docking port you could never control from the cockpit again.

Aha. Say, will the ailerons and aileron-slots on the wings ever get attachment nodes? It's currently really difficult to place anything nicely into the slots, (or at least it has been for me :P )

11 minutes ago, b0ss said:

Aha. Say, will the ailerons and aileron-slots on the wings ever get attachment nodes? It's currently really difficult to place anything nicely into the slots, (or at least it has been for me :P )

Mount wing vertically, turn snapping off then attsch ailerons. Much easier that way

16 minutes ago, b0ss said:

That sounds... very strange and convoluted :huh: i'll give it a shot though! :>

Oddly when the wing is vertical and snapping is off you only have to rotate the aileron with arrow keys and it aligns very easily.

Just tried it, the wing I used didn't even have to be vertical. Angle Snap seems to break all none-node attachments, stock or otherwise. Which is a shame because KSP magnifies my OCD haha

11 minutes ago, b0ss said:

Just tried it, the wing I used didn't even have to be vertical. Angle Snap seems to break all none-node attachments, stock or otherwise. Which is a shame because KSP magnifies my OCD haha

Hahahaha

Would it be desperately difficult to slightly modify your high altitude ramjet? I am using KSP to inform a novel I am finishing and it would be terribly helpful to have a MFE version. I would be happy to pay for the work since I am incapable of doing it myself. 

28 minutes ago, Ironcladsix said:

Would it be desperately difficult to slightly modify your high altitude ramjet? I am using KSP to inform a novel I am finishing and it would be terribly helpful to have a MFE version. I would be happy to pay for the work since I am incapable of doing it myself. 

MFE?

1 hour ago, stali79 said:

MFE?

Multifunction Engine. Metastable metallic hydrogen should have an exhaust velocity of about 20.1 km/sec when used in rocket mode. Basically I need a version of this engine that works in a vacuum with an ISP of 2200.

Edited by Ironcladsix

@Ironcladsix Making the short Mk2 engines multimode is an old issue that has been resisted and closed before. If I remember right it's due to the use of blades for thrust vectoring, something that is not appropriate for, and will never be seen in any proper vacuum optimized engine, and jet engine internals aren't exactly the sort that mixes well with rocket internals that can survive the heat of the surface of the Sun.

I assume you mean this one, the HAE-02, and that you don't have OPT Legacy installed. (OPT is 2 individual mods: Main and Legacy)

K5iERId.jpg

To answer the issues of multimode engines, OPT Legacy provides the above 1.25m engine (ARI-73b) which runs on only LiquidFuel (with 900 Isp and 3x the thrust of the stock nuke engine, and is great in atmosphere too) and can most comfortably be made into a Hydrogen engine.

Legacy also provides two dual-mode engines already: a really long Mk2 engine (J-60D, on the right in the first pic below, in the J-60 family) and the surface-attach-only J-81 nacelle in the second pic below. These can also comfortably have their LFO modes (with 2000 Isp already) replaced with Hydrogen mode.

lVNnBkY.jpg ySigWHV.jpg

But if you still really want a short Mk2 engine changed then say so. Tell me more. What mod are you using that provides Metallic Hydrogen? Which OPT engine do you want changed? What maximum thrust are you expecting of it in vacuum?

Edited by JadeOfMaar

41 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Ironcladsix Making the short Mk2 engines multimode is an old issue that has been resisted and closed before. If I remember right it's due to the use of blades for thrust vectoring, something that is not appropriate for, and will never be seen in any proper vacuum optimized engine, and jet engine internals aren't exactly the sort that mixes well with rocket internals that can survive the heat of the surface of the Sun.

I assume you mean this one, the HAE-02, and that you don't have OPT Legacy installed. (OPT is 2 individual mods: Main and Legacy)

K5iERId.jpg

To answer the issues of multimode engines, OPT Legacy provides the above 1.25m engine (ARI-73b) which runs on only LiquidFuel (with 900 Isp and 3x the thrust of the stock nuke engine, and is great in atmosphere too) and can most comfortably be made into a Hydrogen engine.

Legacy also provides two dual-mode engines already: a really long Mk2 engine (J-60D, on the right in the first pic below, in the J-60 family) and the surface-attach-only J-81 nacelle in the second pic below. These can also comfortably have their LFO modes (with 2000 Isp already) replaced with Hydrogen mode.

lVNnBkY.jpg ySigWHV.jpg

But if you still really want a short Mk2 engine changed then say so. Tell me more. What mod are you using that provides Metallic Hydrogen? Which OPT engine do you want changed? What maximum thrust are you expecting of it in vacuum?

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I've just downloaded OPT legacy as you suggest and several of these engines look like they might do. Thank you.

On 2/16/2018 at 11:56 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

K5iERId.jpg

lVNnBkY.jpg ySigWHV.jpg

Actually came here trying to figure out an issue I am having with ARI-73 engines. These are actually my favorite however anytime I 'd use them they make the ship wobble. CoT is dead on with CoM and it is the same thing in anything I build. It starts to swing almost like a pendulum and across multiple re-installs.
Was wondering if I am missing something or if it is a known issue?

Edited by Amoun