[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Just now, Amoun said:

Actually came here trying to figure out an issue I am having with ARI-74b engines. These are actually my favorite however anytime I 'd use them they make the ship wobble. CoT is dead on with CoM and it is the same thing in anything I build. It starts to swing almost like a pendulum and across multiple re-installs.
Was wondering if I am missing something or if it is a known issue?

That's a known issue. SAS has become garbage again in KSP 1.3.1. The higher an engine's gimbal range is the worse it gets. It's also provoked by the ARI-73's smooth (delayed) gimbal response. The problem is easily softened by setting a gimbal limit while you're in the problem portion of your ascent.

19 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That's a known issue. SAS has become garbage again in KSP 1.3.1. The higher an engine's gimbal range is the worse it gets. It's also provoked by the ARI-73's smooth (delayed) gimbal response. The problem is easily softened by setting a gimbal limit while you're in the problem portion of your ascent.

Ah got it. I actually decreased the gimbal very low in order to make it work. But I seem to have this issue while in VAC. Thank you for a quick reply though :) WIll experiment further; really liking the engines

11 hours ago, MaximumThrust said:

Thanks for the reply! I think that the best option to work with Nertea is to have a option to make them work like stock tanks, with LF/Ox, so it can applies it's own system, with the cooling. But I'm no expert.

I did a test install without firespitter (by accident), and got this:
2DpIJQ1.png
The wings simple got the resources and Nertea's fuel switch took over, like any other tank.

Since many mods I use have Firespitter as a dependence, I need to keep it. So I tried to remove everything in GameData\OPT\mm_config, the wings lost all the tanks.

Them I removed only the OPT_FS.cfg, no effect. Removed OPT_Resource_Defaults only, lost the tanks.

Them I removed OPT_FS.cfg, and removed the mod dependencies (:NEEDS[!Firespitter,!RealFuels,!ModularFuelTanks]) from OPT_Resource_Defaults.cfg, so it should always applies the tanks. It worked for all tanks, wings and cabins, with firespitter installed. But I lost the custom OPT category :huh: I don't see any relation for this to happen.

My OPT_Resource_Defaults.cfg:

Is there a problem if I use OPT this way? Firespitter has someting to do with the custom category? I don't really know what I'm doing :rolleyes:

Sorry to take your time! We could move this discussion to the OPT topic if you or anyone thinks it's more appropriate. 

What you want to do is delete only OPT_FS.cfg (well I guess OPT_MFT.cfg, OPT_RF.cfg too as they're useless to you) and not the whole mm_config\ folder. This folder holds all of OPT's compatibility files, including the custom category.

Also change the original OPT_Resource_Defaults.cfg so everywhere that says :NEEDS[!Firespitter,!RealFuels,!ModularFuelTanks] now says :NEEDS[!RealFuels,!ModularFuelTanks] this will cause that config not to disable the default tanks while Firespitter is installed.

Once a B9 Part Switch (which all of Nertea's mods use) config exists for OPT you'll want to have :NEEDS[!B9PartSwitch] in the defaults config.

About the broken MFT config, the main modder @K.Yeon is sadly never around, and I don't use MFT so that config is not going to be fixed anytime soon. And I have no problem with you installing OPT for just its wings. No one has mad a mod which is solely a large and fashionable wing pack (which would be cool to have).

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

What you want to do is delete only OPT_FS.cfg (well I guess OPT_MFT.cfg, OPT_RF.cfg too as they're useless to you) and not the whole mm_config\ folder. This folder holds all of OPT's compatibility files, including the custom category.

Also change the original OPT_Resource_Defaults.cfg so everywhere that says :NEEDS[!Firespitter,!RealFuels,!ModularFuelTanks] now says :NEEDS[!RealFuels,!ModularFuelTanks] this will cause that config not to disable the default tanks while Firespitter is installed.

Once a B9 Part Switch (which all of Nertea's mods use) config exists for OPT you'll want to have :NEEDS[!B9PartSwitch] in the defaults config.

About the broken MFT config, the main modder @K.Yeon is sadly never around, and I don't use MFT so that config is not going to be fixed anytime soon. And I have no problem with you installing OPT for just its wings. No one has mad a mod which is solely a large and fashionable wing pack (which would be cool to have).

Many tanks! I removed the OPT_FS.cfg. What's the difference from simple removing all the ":NEEDS[ ]" part, so it will always apply independently of what mods I have? I did that and it worked, the tanks are like stock, holding only LF and Ox. When Nertea's mod is around, It add the option to switch between LF, LF/Ox, LH2, LH2/Ox and Ox, and all the boil-off/cooling thing, like it does to all the stock tanks - everything that I could need. With Nertea's mod I cannot use Modular Fuel Tanks.

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

And I have no problem with you installing OPT for just its wings. No one has mad a mod which is solely a large and fashionable wing pack (which would be cool to have).

Please don't take this as disdain with OPT parts. I like to keep my load times inside relatively sane limits and my parts list organized, so I have to prune a lot of parts and choose what I'll really use. I pruned all the stock wings and the ones from other mods, use only the ones from OPT, and also some J parts for unmanned SSTO's, and the Shuttle Cockpit. I also pruned all the Stock Mk3 parts, never build anything good with it. To complete the collection I use some parts from Nertea's Mk4 and Mk2 Expansion. I really like VTOLs, fast planes and SSTO's Spaceplanes, and this relatively small set of parts allows me to build everything I'll use. I really like mods that are stock-a-like, so everything merges seamless.

The K, H and KH parts are really awesome, but I haven't much use for them in my game play, so, with much sorrow, they needed to go.

8 minutes ago, MaximumThrust said:

Many tanks!

So punny. :sticktongue:

I'm glad things worked out. :) And again, it's fine. No one would be upseet by pruning parts. I'm tempted to prune parts too like with Mk2 Expansion. It brings a lot that I do and don't want. But I never actually get around to it. Maybe I should do as you did and prune the Mk3 parts myself. I hardly use those too, and the cargo space can't fit anything good that has wheels.

12 minutes ago, MaximumThrust said:

I really like VTOLs, fast planes and SSTO's Spaceplanes,

You're speaking my language. :D If you're ever up to it, feel free to do some Show & Tell in the OPT Showroom in my signature.

Is this the right place to ask about: OPT_Space_Plane-v2.0.1? I started my visit here today with the intention to ask about type H, K & KH bodies, specifically if it would be possible to have a science lab etc. Now that I am here I am wondering if I have an outdated mod? There is no version file in my OPT folder.

As a second question I might as well be cheeky and ask if the WBI mod is able to do anything useful with labs? I mean OPT & WBI =  ability to change a science lab into say a geology lab? Also I am interested in being able to change the H half? fuel tanks into different storage. I mean those tanks that you slap onto a K body above and below to make it match a KH cargo hold. Talking of which, I would love a KH + H half cargo hold, doors above and below.

So am I in the right place? Do I have the right mod installed? Am I barking up the wrong tree with H, K & KH parts?

3 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Is this the right place to ask about: OPT_Space_Plane-v2.0.1?

Yeah, it is. And you're asking all the right questions. OPT Main indeed doesn't have a version file for whatever reason. H body is few in parts because it's only meant to complement K and KH, and was never meant to be very capable on its own. (which is why there's no H cockpit and the H bicoupler isn't very practical to be honest).

The OPT_WBI patch allows all OPT parts to function like the WBI parts, including making the J and Stail labs (if you have OPT Legacy installed) to do everything Pathfinder's own labs can do, and all cabins can do the geology survey as the buffalo cabin(s) can do. By "H Half" you must mean "H mounted" versus "H fuselage"... 

To apply Wild Blue's complete storage selection options to the H body parts, change any of these lines 1563 (short noses), 1597 (inline tanks), 1648 (long noses) in OPT_WBI.cfg to templateNodes = STORAGETEMPLATE 

To make just the H mounted cabin into a science lab, save this in the OPT_WBI folder, preferably with a suffix to the filename so it loads alphabetically after OPT_WBI.cfg, or add it into the end of the main config.

@PART[h_3m_crew_mm]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIScienceConverter
		scientistBonus = 0.25	//Bonus per scientist star - need at least one! So 0.25x - 2.5x 
		researchTime = 8	//Larger = slower.Exponential!
		scienceMultiplier = 5	//How much science does data turn into?
		fundsPerData = 100.0 // How many Funds per point of data 
		reputationPerData = 1.0 //How much Reputation per point of data
		scienceCap = 700	//How much science can we store before having to transmit?		
		powerRequirement = 5	//EC/Sec to research
		ConverterName = Research
		StartActionName = Start Research
		StopActionName = Stop Research
	}

MODULE:NEEDS[KIS]
	{
		name = ModuleKISInventory
		maxVolume = 100
		externalAccess = true
		internalAccess = true
		slotsX = 5
		slotsY = 4
		slotSize = 50
		itemIconResolution = 128
		selfIconResolution = 128
		openSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerOpen
		closeSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerClose
		defaultMoveSndPath = KIS/Sounds/itemMove
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = WBIMultipurposeLab
		enableLogging = True
		showGUI = True
		// isInflatable = False
		// animationName = 
		// startEventGUIName = Initialize
		// endEventGUIName = De-initialize

// inflatedCrewCapacity = 2
		capacityFactor = 0.6
		fieldReconfigurable = true

templateNodes = PATH_SCIENCE
		defaultTemplate = DocScience

logoPanelTransforms = // logoPanel001, logoPanel002, logoPanel003, logoPanel004
		decalsVisible = False

// If KIS mode
		baseStorage = 0.001
		maxStorage = 3000

resourcesToKeep = ElectricCharge;Snacks;
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = WBIEfficiencyMonitor
		efficiencyType = science
	}
}

Lastly, it's not in my power to make parts from scratch, especially animated ones so a K Service Bay isn't going to happen, sorry.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yup I thought additional parts would be a problem. As for the rest, I will let you know how it works out after I have hunted down the EL zero productivity problem! Oh and I only found out some requirements are optional. I did some save file hacking to provide material kits and research kits only to find inside the save file that those part requirements were optional unlike the rocketparts. That will teach me to try out new (to me) mods!

Long time lurker in the forums here and just stopped in to clarify the FAR patch. OPT and FAR have been my req mods since I started playing and I’ve recently come back to Kerbal after a time to build more ridiculous space planes and decided to try Boris-Barboris’ AtmosphericAutopilot mod to autopilot my way up to the exit burn, but I couldn’t get it to work as it would keep nose-diving and generally freaking out causing RUD. I also noticed (as I use OPT parts almost exclusively for frame and wing parts) that the FAR wing modification interface was absent, but it’s been that way for years and I never noticed it. The OPT FAR patch (on page 121 of this thread, iirc) is absolutely critical in getting all the FAR elements to work with not only OPT, but to also feed the correct calcs to AtmosphericAutopilot. I’ll be checking to see if MJ2 atmosphere autopilot works as well, but I’m going to assume so. Also, proper FAR wing lifting surfaces are more accurate (for a while there some designs required the lift to be rather far in front of the CoM to fly level).  The FAR patch fixed everything. It’s totally flyable in FAR without it, but I’ve found for building large or complex spaceplanes it was entirely guesswork as FAR derivative calcs didn’t work and Com/Col where terribly inaccurate. And now autopilot (or at least AAs fly-by-wire function).  

So it’s likely obvious what the patch does to you vets on here, but for a casual gamer newb like me and to a bunch of other people I’ve come across who love OPT and FAR, it was hard to find a solution to why OPT wouldn’t play nice with other aircraft mods. So as a general PSA for anyone asking (even if they did find the existence of the FAR patch burried deep in a forum) YES, it’s required for proper FAR based games.  

Perhaps im missing something in another download version, but if it isn’t already the FAR patch should be included with this mod installed from CKAN

Sorry if dumb potato post, I’m just happy my OPT based planes can now fly like all them hotdogs in those neat-o YouTubey videos. And to also reaffirm that my general aeronautical engineering concepts are in fact rather sound, and the issues I’ve had where not my fault lol. 

Not really tested stuff yet, still trying to land next to something else I landed. Soooo slow. Ok I have a question. I think the above patch for h_3m_crew_mm works, but can it be altered slightly. Clone the existing part, that allows me to carry some passengers, and make a new part with all the goodness. That should mean same models etc thus keeping memory down, lol. I am new to MM patching but I think there is a way to clone a part and give the new part a slightly different name.

21 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Clone the existing part, that allows me to carry some passengers, and make a new part with all the goodness.

In that case, change the top of the patch I gave you to be like this. :sticktongue:

+PART[h_3m_crew_mm]
{
	@name = h_3m_lab_mm
	@title = OPT H Mounted Science Lab
	@category = Science
	@TechRequired = advExploration
	@description = Someone wanted an H sized science lab! It wasn't too hard to produce it... Let's hope the client isn't bothered that the science computer is a little slow and a little short on storage.
}
@PART[h_3m_lab_mm]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIScienceConverter

HI, I am getting a bit of this:

Spoiler

WBIMultipurposeStorage [FFC65F3A][1718.2000]: RedecorateModule encountered an ERROR: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIResourceSwitcher.adjustKeptResources (.ConfigNode nodeTemplate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIResourceSwitcher.RedecorateModule (Boolean loadTemplateResources) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I am not sure of the source, OPT_WBI or WBI or the above posted patch?

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wb8poqcucod346/save for JadeOfMaar.3.output_log.txt?dl=0

1 hour ago, Apaseall said:

HI, I am getting a bit of this:

Hide contents

WBIMultipurposeStorage [FFC65F3A][1718.2000]: RedecorateModule encountered an ERROR: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIResourceSwitcher.adjustKeptResources (.ConfigNode nodeTemplate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIResourceSwitcher.RedecorateModule (Boolean loadTemplateResources) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I am not sure of the source, OPT_WBI or WBI or the above posted patch?

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wb8poqcucod346/save for JadeOfMaar.3.output_log.txt?dl=0

Looks like a WBI error

I was not sure, as yes it mentions WBI in the error but I was wondering if a patch (which adds WBI to something)  was being applied incorrectly, thus causing an expected WBI error due to incorrect stuff being passed to it from the calling patch. Hope that makes sense.

Or to put it another way, hey of course WBI is screaming, you passed it a bunch of roses when it clearly states it wants a mixed bunch of marigolds & waterlilies.

8 hours ago, Apaseall said:

I was not sure, as yes it mentions WBI in the error but I was wondering if a patch (which adds WBI to something)  was being applied incorrectly, thus causing an expected WBI error due to incorrect stuff being passed to it from the calling patch. Hope that makes sense.

Or to put it another way, hey of course WBI is screaming, you passed it a bunch of roses when it clearly states it wants a mixed bunch of marigolds & waterlilies.

I will need a bit more information that just the log snippets. I suspect some other mod that adds tankage or other features to parts may be causing conflict. KSP Interstellar simply triggers me :P and Recoupler (for whatever reason) is prominent the messages. I haven't used Recoupler so I have no insight. It's on you, in this case, to copy your install and prune mods because I get no issues with OPT_WBI.

On 2/25/2018 at 3:19 AM, Chase842 said:

Hey guys, Did anyone happen to have made a cockpit for the H fuselage? If so, can you send it me way, or link it in a reply?

Thanks! 

No H cockpit exists, sorry.

On 2/25/2018 at 9:22 AM, BlackWing Pilot said:

Are this mod is compatible with ksp 1.3.1

Yes it is.

On 2/22/2018 at 8:32 AM, J.c.davis45 said:

Long time lurker in the forums here and just stopped in to clarify the FAR patch. *snip*

So it’s likely obvious what the patch does to you vets on here, but for a casual gamer newb like me and to a bunch of other people I’ve come across who love OPT and FAR, it was hard to find a solution to why OPT wouldn’t play nice with other aircraft mods. So as a general PSA for anyone asking (even if they did find the existence of the FAR patch burried deep in a forum) YES, it’s required for proper FAR based games.  

Came here wondering why anything I built with OPT parts got really weird with FAR, so thanks!

14 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I will need a bit more information that just the log snippets. I suspect some other mod that adds tankage or other features to parts may be causing conflict. KSP Interstellar simply triggers me :P and Recoupler (for whatever reason) is prominent the messages. I haven't used Recoupler so I have no insight. It's on you, in this case, to copy your install and prune mods because I get no issues with OPT_WBI.

Hi, yes I posted a link for the log in my post. I doubt that the messages are critical atm as I don't think they are causing crashes for me. I am doing a couple of other things, whilst trying to play, so there will be a delay in testing for which mod is causing a conflict. I am trying to prune mods as a memory reduction measure so maybe that will work out well.

I've fallen in love with the J frame fuselage. It's my go too. I don't suppose there's a rear cargo door for it? It's such a big thing to be missing. Also, While I am at it, I love the stealth grey texture on the legacy wings. Is there away to apply that texture over the regular OPT wings? Many thanks. 

J

Edited by Ironcladsix
edit to add.

1 hour ago, Ironcladsix said:

I've fallen in love with the J frame fuselage. It's my go too. I don't suppose there's a rear cargo door for it? It's such a big thing to be missing. Also, While I am at it, I love the stealth grey texture on the legacy wings. Is there away to apply that texture over the regular OPT wings? Many thanks. 

J

No rear doors sorry. And as for stealth for remaining parts, not until @K.Yeon returns and i can get the source textures from him.

I like the H standalone fuselage a lot, even though it's so simple and nigh useless when we already have the stock Mk2 parts. Any plans to add in more parts for the H series so that an entire plane body can be made with just those?

1 hour ago, b0ss said:

I like the H standalone fuselage a lot, even though it's so simple and nigh useless when we already have the stock Mk2 parts. Any plans to add in more parts for the H series so that an entire plane body can be made with just those?

There are no plans to make H body complete. (Which is why there's no H cockpit) It's not meant to help or replace Mk2 body. It's meant to complement K and KH body.

What H body needs in my opinion, is a mechanism (whether a docking system or K parts with chunks cut out, or both) so an H plane can sit, fit and properly attach to a K plane......and an H cargo bay or two, and a bicoupler that doesn't offset engines attached to that.