[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

32 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

You might want to read a little more closely in forum threads. I answered the problem right above you. ;) 

My apologies i forgot to quote a post, i was actually referring to redsunrising15's post. 

• 3 weeks later...

I really appreciate your parts.  It is a great work and I was dreaming of building a cargo SSTO with that much space.  A question.   What pieces can I use to complete the OPT KH TAIL CARGO RAMP two MK2 emplacement on both side.  I want to mount engine there but I can't find the pieces that would fit nicely on both sides mk2 anchor points. !

2 hours ago, Davaeron said:

I really appreciate your parts.  It is a great work and I was dreaming of building a cargo SSTO with that much space.  A question.   What pieces can I use to complete the OPT KH TAIL CARGO RAMP two MK2 emplacement on both side.  I want to mount engine there but I can't find the pieces that would fit nicely on both sides mk2 anchor points. !

If the main author was around I'm sure he'd appreciate your praise. I know I would if it was me. :p 

I don't get the question. I figure you want simply to rotate the engine (if it's a Mk2 shaped engine) after attaching it, or use the Mk2 bicoupler. Nothing exists if you're looking for an engine or engine shroud that blends into the KH shape.

Mk2 Stockalike Expansion provides the following with which you can get creative:

• Mk2 short bicoupler
  • Mk2 inverter (flat-wise to tall-wise adapter, may cause a lot of drag)
  • Mk2 noses (stubby and long vs OPT's Mk2 nose)
  • Mk2 tail(s)

Well that is a quick answer and even though you are not the owner/creator of this mod I take your words for being true and helpful....Many thanks for helping me JadeOfMaar!   My English is average I mainly speak French putain de merde.   My point was even after trying all the mk2 parts I have in my library with KSP I could not find one that would fit perfectly the upright curve  the  OPT KH TAIL CARGO RAMP has on both side.   There are still areas that stick out or some others that are overlapping the inside of  the cargo bay.    I could revert my design to the other similar cargo ramp module from OPT with fuel tanks on both side but but I was really interested in putting engine/propeller there.   SO I guess I will download MK2 stock-alike Expansion unless I misunderstood something and these are parts already available in the vanilla game or with the OPT space plane mod. 

3 hours ago, Cataclysmm said:

Anyone have tweakscale config for all the parts? Legacy and main?

The majority Tweakscale configs for OPT were lost. They used to exist back in KSP 1.0 or older. But both mods were majorly overhauled at some point so the configs were likely dumped.

I've pretty well coded them all back in, the file is up to about 1124 lines. some parts do not seem to scale so I'''m sure that the config is not correct or I just missed them. I really didn't read all that much on actually configuring different part types and It's probably best I not trash this too much.  I will test them all at some point and go thru them to more specifically scale those parts, if possible. There's a few more engines I have to add yet, but I like to be able to tweak everything, sometimes you want that look but not have this massive megaton craft your trying to lift to orbit and beyond. I basically just put the names in a copy/past layout so there's bound to be issues, here's the pastebin, feel free to add, edit, delete, pour rocket fuel on it and set it on fire..At your own risk.

Recently jumped back into KSP to play around and noticed the J-92 Nebula visual effects seem to be wonky now. Didn't see mention of it on here but has anyone else noticed the blue jet wash effect now appears infront of the engine instead of behind?

2 hours ago, DougS2K said:

Recently jumped back into KSP to play around and noticed the J-92 Nebula visual effects seem to be wonky now. Didn't see mention of it on here but has anyone else noticed the blue jet wash effect now appears infront of the engine instead of behind?

I've noticed it. It's even more KSP 1.4 silliness: plumes breaking and un-breaking.

If you have OPT Legacy, you'll also notice that the original plume for the J-61 has returned. It's been broken since roughly KSP 1.1.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I've noticed it. It's even more KSP 1.4 silliness: plumes breaking and un-breaking.

If you have OPT Legacy, you'll also notice that the original plume for the J-61 has returned. It's been broken since roughly KSP 1.1.

Ok, so it's not just something on my end at least. 

Am I the only one who experience overheating of the nebula atmospheric engine after only 2-3 minutes of full throttle flight ?    I have tried coupling them with a precooler or use radiators but they always end up blowing because of the heat.  It might be a conflict with another mod though I only use 6-7 mods and non should interfere with physics like friction or heat. 

Just now, Davaeron said:

Am I the only one who experience overheating of the nebula atmospheric engine after only 2-3 minutes of full throttle flight ?    I have tried coupling them with a precooler or use radiators but they always end up blowing because of the heat.  It might be a conflict with another mod though I only use 6-7 mods and non should interfere with physics like friction or heat. 

I just dealt with that in OPT Reconfig. I used to think it was a very unique KSP bug but it turns out its internal heat limit is simply absurdly low. (Same with the Dark Drive.) OPT Reconfig is linked in my signature.

Thanks for the quick reply JadeOfMaar,    Another question,  I'm not implying it is opt's fault because I have a few mods installed but has it happened to some of you that when you click launch from the hangar the vessel spawn 1000m in the air and not on the tarmac ?

1 hour ago, Davaeron said:

Thanks for the quick reply

You're welcome.

The issue you mention affects maybe a handful of mods other than OPT and is new to and caused by KSP 1.4. It's what I call the "1km collider glitch." This mod will stop that bug. However, it will not work if the craft you launch has launch clamps. The parts known to trigger this are the J Deployment Bay; J large Docking Port; Humpback Cargo Ramp.

• 2 weeks later...

@Brandon Kerbin The ARI-73 is a pseudo-nuclear hybrid rocket. Its max thrust is 180kN, its Isp is 900 in vacuum, 3000 in atmosphere. It needs only LiquidFuel and has no alternator. And it has spool time like the ARI-75 or any jet engine.

Edited by JadeOfMaar