[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Hello,

I would like to have some help with something related to install.  I use near future technology packs and I am interested in the nft engines in this pack.  I took a look at the normal package and didn't see any engines of that type in there so I'm guessing they are legacy.

Any help on how to install those engines with the new pack would be appreciated.

Edit: or maybe I misunderstood, this mod is not compatible with near future technologies

Edited by krillin678

@krillin678 OPT is not made by (or made for) Nertea so it's not going to contain engines that use NFT's known propellants. The only things OPT can do that directly help with NFT are (and that is only if you install my mod OPT Reconfig with OPT) to provide Lithium and ElectricCharge tank options and some radiator capacity to all cargo bays and hollow fuselages.

@Lightning_Gamer You could make a cabin out of, and alongside the Stail Lab with just a judo chop of MM-fu. Also, install my mod linked above, OPT Reconfig. It will allow every OPT part that holds fuel, to hold many things. (Actually, OPT Legacy is supposed to require OPT Reconfig now and by consequence is supposed to be crippled without it).

And install B9 Part Switch and Community Resource Pack.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I have also discovered that for the Stail docking port, the one with a 2.5m and 1.25m docking port the 1.25 works but the 2.5 does not function. and @JadeOfMaar I do have OPT Reconfig and i can replace it with different fuels, but monpropellent is not one of them.

edit: I mean don't get me wrong I love the mod, just wish some of the bugs could get fixed.

Edited by Lightning_Gamer
side note

On 7/5/2018 at 4:16 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

This is a Unity thing (since 1.4.0) and happens to parts with certain collider setups. It also happens with the J Inline Boarding Ramp (and if you use OPT Legacy, the Humpback ramp)....And happens to other mods too.

Install this and don't put launch clamps on any craft containing the affected parts.

Finaly google found me correct solution :) I was about to write post to ask you is there any way to fix J Bay and docking port. Specialy J Bay is nice part for making VTOL :)

Edited by banditsan

Does this works for 1.4.5?

if not, plz update because i love this mod.

also if you will update this, can you add more parts like a inline drill for J and k fuselages and another Ramp airlock-thing but instead of a ramp an elevator, that would be A.W.E.S.O.M.E!

53 minutes ago, JoaquinJAR said:

Does this works for 1.4.5?

if not, plz update because i love this mod.

also if you will update this, can you add more parts like a inline drill for J and k fuselages and another Ramp airlock-thing but instead of a ramp an elevator, that would be A.W.E.S.O.M.E!

1. Yes. Just install it. But also install this because there's a collider issue between the animated docking ports and KSP 1.4.x
  2. Install this too and its requirements (B9 Part Switch and maybe Community Resource Pack). It keeps OPT fairly up-to-date with some code fixes and new features, and engine balancing.
  3. The main dev is gone and I'm not adding parts. Sorry.
Edited by JadeOfMaar

39 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:
  1. Yes. Just install it. But also install this because there's a collider issue between the animated docking ports and KSP 1.4.x
  2. Install this too and its requirements (B9 Part Switch and maybe Community Resource Pack). It keeps OPT fairly up-to-date with some code fixes and new features, and engine balancing.
  3. The main dev is gone and I'm not adding parts. Sorry.

oh, thats why is not updated...

Anyway i donwloaded it and it works nice!

Thanks for being so fast! 

Back again! Hi @JadeOfMaar

Got a request. I used Manage Operations on an OPT KH Cargo Bay to turn it into an Omni Storage unit. The expected Setup Omni Storage option did not appear in the list of properties[?].
I tried the same with a Tundra 200 part and everything looks fine in the editor.

Could you take a peek at this pretty please.

You see I am trying out this distributed resource model and well if Omni storage works, my dreams have come true! [fingers crossed].

The OPT KH Cargo Bay might be a wee bit broken as in, hey I can store loads of konkrete in here and stuff loads of parts in the empty bay. Either that or the tanks on the side of the bay are really really big!

edit.

Oh hang on, it was Equipment I was storing in there, maybe I can store lots of that because erm its light?

Edited by Apaseall

Hi JadeOfMaar

Part display name OPT 'Stail' Class QS01 Cockpit. Crew capacity 5 I think. So I sent one crew on EVA. Then a second. Now I have three kerbals remaining. However there are no portraits. Thus I cannot EVA them. This is a problem because this flight was to crew up some Pathfinder modules prior to getting a Hogan? built.

Initially I saw two portraits. After I sent the first kerbal on EVA I saw only one portrait. There are now no portraits after I sent the second kerbal on EVA.

Could you take a look at this please. Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Hi JadeOfMaar

Part display name OPT 'Stail' Class QS01 Cockpit. Crew capacity 5 I think. So I sent one crew on EVA. Then a second. Now I have three kerbals remaining. However there are no portraits. Thus I cannot EVA them. This is a problem because this flight was to crew up some Pathfinder modules prior to getting a Hogan? built.

Initially I saw two portraits. After I sent the first kerbal on EVA I saw only one portrait. There are now no portraits after I sent the second kerbal on EVA.

Could you take a look at this please. Thanks.

There's no portrait because there are no more seats in the IVA

Use the hatch to get them out.

Oh? This is not something I have seen before. IVA? is that something to do with the internal view? I have not tried to EVA from a hatch, I have always clicked on the portrait. I will have to have a play.

Right now I am considering making areo versions of the MK2 RCS/OMS thruster pods. Might take me a little while to reply on this post.

What's the recommended Install Order for OPT Reconfig?

Would I install Base OPT, followed by Legacy & then finally OPT Reconfig along with maybe World Stabilizer, B9 Part Switch & Community Resource Pack?

I'm running KSPI-E & Interstellar Fuel Switch, Procedural Parts at the moment.

Edited by ToastyOats

37 minutes ago, ToastyOats said:

What's the recommended Install Order for OPT Reconfig?

Would I install Base OPT, followed by Legacy & then finally OPT Reconfig along with maybe World Stabilizer, B9 Part Switch & Community Resource Pack?

I'm running KSPI-E & Interstellar Fuel Switch, Procedural Parts at the moment.

The actual order that you install the mods does not matter since each mod is stored in its own subdirectory of GameData.

edit

Most mods are downloaded as a zip file. Unzipped you will see a directory structure. One of those is called GameData. Copy the folders below that into your own GameData folder.
I say most as some mods merely contain the folder that you just copy into your GameData folder. Always useful to eyeball the unzipped directory structure just in case as you only want one GameData folder, the one for your game. Installing others erm is wrong and might make for odd behaviour.

Edited by Apaseall

5 hours ago, Starwaster said:

There's no portrait because there are no more seats in the IVA

Use the hatch to get them out.

Lol and to think I have been playing for about 2 years without ever using the crew hatch!

Just for that I will post this little patch:

Spoiler

+PART[M2X_RCSBlister]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]:AFTER[Mk2Expansion]
{
    @name = M2X_AeroRCSBlister
    @author = SuicidalInsanity and bac9
    @title = Compressed Air RCS Blister (4 variants)
    @manufacturer = Insanity Aerospace & Tetragon Projects
    @description =     An Aero version of the heavy duty Insanity Aerospace RCS assembly. The aeroshell housing comes in linear, 2-way, 4-way, and 5-way variants to allow tailoring RCS placement to mission specs. Uses compressed air instead of monopropellant. The miniaturized generator inside requires electric power and, obviously, an air intake to function. Best used on VTOL aircraft and the like, but sure, you can take it to space too, knock yourself out.
    @MODULE[ModuleRCSFX]
    {
        @thrusterPower *= 2
        @resourceName = IntakeAir
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = IntakeAir
            ratio = 0.1
            @ratio *= 4
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            ratio = 0.02
            @ratio *= 4
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        -atmosphereCurve {}
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 110
            key = 1 185
        }
    }
}

15 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Oh? This is not something I have seen before. IVA? is that something to do with the internal view? I have not tried to EVA from a hatch, I have always clicked on the portrait. I will have to have a play.

Right now I am considering making areo versions of the MK2 RCS/OMS thruster pods. Might take me a little while to reply on this post.

IVA is the internal view, yes. If a Kerbal is not present in the IVA (no seat) then there will be no portrait. 

If there is no IVA at all then there will be no portraits at all. Which really makes sense when you consider that the portrait is actually generated by a camera in the internal view so if there is no seat then there is no Kerbal and if there is no Kerbal then there is no portrait.

edit: had this reply drafted and then fell asleep and finished posting it when I got up :rolleyes:

Edited by Starwaster

12 hours ago, Starwaster said:

IVA is the internal view, yes. If a Kerbal is not present in the IVA (no seat) then there will be no portrait. 

If there is no IVA at all then there will be no portraits at all. Which really makes sense when you consider that the portrait is actually generated by a camera in the internal view so if there is no seat then there is no Kerbal and if there is no Kerbal then there is no portrait.

edit: had this reply drafted and then fell asleep and finished posting it when I got up :rolleyes:

Great reply. Thanks. I made it to bed for my sleep but only just lol.