[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

OPT Reconfig 1.2.4

• Added XenonGas to NFPropulsion tank types.
  • Buffed Lithium tankage (maybe by too much. Untested).
  • Added MonoPropellant tank option to all tanks/parts.
  • Arranged new LF, LFO, Mono tank types to prevent using tank switch to cheat dV.
  • Added MonoPropellant tank option to everything.
  • The following cannot be changed in-flight:
    • Structural and Battery.
    • Drop tanks.
  • Raised KIS slot counts.
  • Disabled whitelist entries for OPT labs for experiments. Apparently this causes MOLE experiments to always or only require an OPT lab.

OPT Legacy 1.1.3

• Moved CoL, CoP and CoM (centers of lift, pressure (drag) and mass) in Legacy wings so they make more sense (or stop making less sense) in aircraft designs. This should fix a good deal more aero problems.

DOWNLOAD - OPT Reconfig

DOWNLOAD - OPT Legacy

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 4 weeks later...

Is it compatible with 1.4.5 ? Despite reading the installation instructions and updating all mod components, i have a bug. 
KSP loads correctly but once in the hangar, when I load an OPT ship or an OPT part I can not move the camera or attach another part to it; I am simply stuck. I have to load a stock ship to get out. I had no problem in 1.3.1.

An idea plz ? 

40 minutes ago, LtWilliamManuel said:

Is it compatible with 1.4.5 ? Despite reading the installation instructions and updating all mod components, i have a bug. 
KSP loads correctly but once in the hangar, when I load an OPT ship or an OPT part I can not move the camera or attach another part to it; I am simply stuck. I have to load a stock ship to get out. I had no problem in 1.3.1.

An idea plz ? 

OPT works just fine in all KSP, at least over KSP 1.3.0, but it has had a few messy releases in its past, and craft made with these older versions can cause the SPH or VAB to lock up (so just delete them and remake them). I'm suspecting any combination of the following:

• Your download of OPT is corrupted
  • Your KSP install is corrupted
  • You have a mod installed that somehow really messes with OPT.

Once you get OPT to work, be sure to install this. It prevents craft containing certain parts (the J inline docking ports and at least once Legacy cargo ramp) from spawning 1km in the air.

For increased compatibility with other mods see OPT Reconfig linked above.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

12 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

OPT works just fine in all KSP, at least over KSP 1.3.0, but it has had a few messy releases in its past, and craft made with these older versions can cause the SPH or VAB to lock up (so just delete them and remake them). I'm suspecting any combination of the following:

• Your download of OPT is corrupted
  • Your KSP install is corrupted
  • You have a mod installed that somehow really messes with OPT.

Thanks for your quick anwser :

I don't think my OPT files are corrupted because I redownloaded all recently.

My 1.4.5 Install is pretty fresh because of some bug I totally reinstall all recently.

Here is my list of mod http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/44/7/1541340239-capture.jpg

Do you think/see in, quickly, some which might cause the bug ? 

19 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

D'accord. J'étais curieux de savoir si CKAN vous a laissé installer TweakbleEverything aux côtés d'OPT. Si tel est le cas, il est grand temps que ces modifications soient considérées comme incompatibles.

I don't know I CKAN install TweakbleEverthing but I know sometime it suggest to do it ; depend of mods. But for this install I didn't want to let CKAN do = )

I have a problem, whenever I spawn in a plane, it spawns a couple hundred meters in the air, even the launch clamps. is this a glitch? 

Just now, [email protected] said:

I have a problem, whenever I spawn in a plane, it spawns a couple hundred meters in the air, even the launch clamps. is this a glitch? 

wait, nvm, Its the legacy pack, not the normal parts. but still, does anyone know why this happens?

4 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

wait, nvm, Its the legacy pack, not the normal parts. but still, does anyone know why this happens?

OPT Main's J inline docking ports also trigger this. It's a problem of certain collider arrangements and the Unity upgrade under KSP 1.4.

This will stop it but don't put launch clamps on a craft that you know has the problem parts on it. The craft (and the clamps) will stay up there.

3 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Im trying this mod out again after not using it in a while but im a little confused. what is the most resent version and are you the current maintainer of this mod @JadeOfMaar

I'm the maintainer, yes, but currently I only post updates to OPT Legacy. The "Main" OPT mod still works but be sure to get World Stabilizer too. My mod, OPT Reconfig, brings the updates you're expecting in OPT Main.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm the maintainer, yes, but currently I only post updates to OPT Legacy. The "Main" OPT mod still works but be sure to get World Stabilizer too. My mod, OPT Reconfig, brings the updates you're expecting in OPT Main.

What are the differences between the "main" OPT Mods, OPT Legacy and OPT Reconfig 

OPT Main is the official release/pack by K. Yeon, containing the J, K, KH and H series body parts-- all the parts highlighted in the thread OP.

OPT Legacy is the other pack full of retired parts like Stail, Humpback and Avatar series parts, and the old Mk2 engines.

OPT Reconfig is a mod I created that keeps OPT Main relevant in the absence of K. Yeon and in the face of evolving utility mods and their features.

OPT Reconfig 1.2.5

• Anti-collision for Modular Fuel Tanks.
  • Adjusted cryo tank ratios to playable levels, half of the suggested values by, and thanks to @Sresk.
  • Nerf USI recyclers for J cabin, added recyclers to J, Stail, Avatar cockpits.
  • Removed flameout plume on HAE-02 engine. Scaling problem makes it as a flashbang and a health hazard.

OPT Legacy 1.2.0

• Anti-collision for Modular Fuel Tanks.
  • Fixed Avatar and Humpback aero shielding (except when ramps are attached).
  • Aero shielding for things clippd far enough into the Avatar-Chimera cockpit adapter.
  • Added inner nodes to Stail Docking & Utility Bay. (Aero shielding always active in it.)
  • Added joint strength to Humpback parts.

DOWNLOAD - OPT Reconfig

DOWNLOAD - OPT Legacy

On 11/3/2018 at 3:33 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

With some wonderful help from the amazing @blowfish :Pthe OPT Legacy cargo parts have received further fixes in the aero shielding department. It now properly works for all Avatar and Humpback parts (except the ramps for unknown reasons).

Shielding will also be provided for things clipped into the Avatar-Chimera adapter and the Stail Utility bay.

Kerbodyne tanks (with Tweakscale) simulate a 4m and 4.8m sphere. Cargo shielding is spherical.

Honeyview_screenshot72.jpg

Shielding and new attach nodes for the Stail Utility Bay.

Honeyview_screenshot71.jpg

Woot thanks for the change on the lh2 storage and for the credit. I may still play with my op values but glad to see I could help. I found another small imbalance the the opt j science lab is crazy over powered. looking in the .cfg the stock ModuleScienceConverter has:

researchTime = 7        //Larger = slower.  Exponential!
        scienceMultiplier = 5    //How much science does data turn into?

the opt j lab has 

researchTime=5
        scienceMultiplier=6

Just doing a few orbits around kerbin or making a run out to minmus I can fill up the science lab and generate over 1200 science a day and yes in a 10 day trip I stopped every day to transmit science and generated over 10k science on a tourist run to minmus. I'm changing my values to be slightly worse than stock just to encourage me to use non space plane options for science. But you might want to consider adjusting these to match stock values.

Oh also I have no idea what causes it, but I've found two and potentially a third part that causes planes to start about 1000m above the run way. Unfortunatly it's not 100% reproduceable but in my game its at least 80% and a reload or game reset will not fix the problem. The mod worldstabalizer seems to help but inconsistently. the two parts I know are problems are:

name=j_deploymentBay , title=OPT J Deployment Bay

name=j_4m_service,  title=OPT J Service Bay

I also suspect the opt j linear aerospike occasionally causes the same problem. 

I've tested all the parts empty and with things in them clipped and unclipped. They seem to be worst with things clipped in them but I;ve had the bug appear even while empty and once a craft file exibts the bug it will always do so. Wish I could be more help in tracking down whats causeing the bug.

Edited by Sresk
spelling

1 hour ago, Sresk said:

Oh also I have no idea what causes it, but I've found two and potentially a third part that causes planes to start about 1000m above the run way. Unfortunatly it's not 100% reproduceable but in my game its at least 80% and a reload or game reset will not fix the problem. The mod worldstabalizer seems to help but inconsistently. the two parts I know are problems are:

name=j_deploymentBay , title=OPT J Deployment Bay

name=j_4m_service,  title=OPT J Service Bay

I also suspect the opt j linear aerospike occasionally causes the same problem.

This is a known issue with those parts. Its being looked into. Except the aerospike. thats a new one.
The Humpback Cargo Tail Ramp also causes it. The issue seems to be related to animated meshes having wacky origins, that end up intersecting with either their own part colliders, and/or the ground colliders. JadeOfMaar mentioned there is a stock bug with docking ports, that causes a 1km vessel spawn issue, that seems to be related.

And yes, the WorldStabiliser mod seems to help.

Hopefully moar info on the issue coming Soon™.

Edited by Stone Blue

Yeah I knew this was a known bug from a long time ago but from reading I wasn't sure if it had been narrowed down to which parts where causing it. As to the aerospike, it doesn't seem to cause it on crafts that don't have either of the two bays. But I had a ship that had two of the deployment bays and the craft was working just fine. I'd used it on several missions. When I swapped out the engines I had been using for the aerospike is when the 1000m bug got triggered. After swapping back to a different engine the bug persisted. So it could be sheer coincidence or it could be something in the aerospike mesh that was a trigger.

Looking for missing parts as indicated by KerbalX in terms of "OPT" and "OPT Legacy." For example, https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnwt1l03uzcj12z/Kerbal Space Program 11_13_2018 2_58_36 PM.png?dl=0. The craft is from here: https://kerbalx.com/Mycroft_33/Lone-Wolf, which was built from KSP v. 1.1.2. I came across some info about being able to download missing parts from earlier version of OPT Legacy but I am unable to find the one that would allow such with said KSP version. :ph34r: G~

35 minutes ago, FuzzyG said:

Looking for missing parts as indicated by KerbalX in terms of "OPT" and "OPT Legacy." For example, https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnwt1l03uzcj12z/Kerbal Space Program 11_13_2018 2_58_36 PM.png?dl=0. The craft is from here: https://kerbalx.com/Mycroft_33/Lone-Wolf, which was built from KSP v. 1.1.2. I came across some info about being able to download missing parts from earlier version of OPT Legacy but I am unable to find the one that would allow such with said KSP version. :ph34r: G~

OPT (Main) and OPT Legacy are two separate part packs. The missing parts (listed in the png) are from OPT (Main). The one thing I can help with is that opt.mk2.engine was internally renamed to simply J61.

OPT has gone through a few craft-breaking updates with internal renaming of parts, specifically around KSP 1.2. Sadly, I cannot provide support for KSP versions older than 1.3.0. The only option is to rebuild the craft.

5 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

OPT has gone through a few craft-breaking updates with internal renaming of parts, specifically around KSP 1.2. Sadly, I cannot provide support for KSP versions older than 1.3.0. The only option is to rebuild the craft.

Appreciated the info. I am curious if the OPT files for KSP 1.1.2 are even available somewhere. I can utilize Steam for that version so unless CKAN points to the applicable OPT Legacy, I would not be able to install that particular craft, which was originally built by LoneWolf and is quite detailed accordingly. 

10 minutes ago, FuzzyG said:

Appreciated the info. I am curious if the OPT files for KSP 1.1.2 are even available somewhere. I can utilize Steam for that version so unless CKAN points to the applicable OPT Legacy, I would not be able to install that particular craft, which was originally built by LoneWolf and is quite detailed accordingly. 

Ah, well check the versions before 1.0.5 here on Spacedock. They may have what you're looking for.