[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

2 hours ago, Davaeron said:

I was wondering if there are plans to make OPT available for KSP version 1.7.1.2539?

It is available. Just install it / just tell CKAN to not be stiff about compatible versions. :P But you will need WorldStabilizer to prevent the 1km jump bug when you launch with certain animated OPT parts. And you'll want OPT Reconfig (and its dependencies/recommendations linked in the red text) for much-needed compatibility and performance adjustments.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Still there to answer in the nick of time JadeOfMaar.  Much appreciated you still give days time or work to this 5 stars mod.  I'm being serious,  Do you have a patreon or something I could support. ?  I'm gonna try your recommendations right away and tell CKAN I'm the boss!

Edited by Davaeron
spelling errors

okay thanks

i finally found it in 1.8 test 6 was trying to find partname opt_mk2_engine

which had the title OPT J-61 Advanced TurboRamjet

and then from what you are saying the j61 got replaced by the HAE-02 Mk2?

updating and rebuilding some old craft files. 

For some reason the smaller reactor sphere, Tidal Force, from the OPT legacy pack is constantly losing dark goo even though the reactor is off.

There are parts on the craft that consume electricity including 4 ion engines and a science lab, but they are supplied by large solar panels and rtgs.

The plan for the reactor was to only run it when doing long burns on dark sides of planets or far away from the sun, but it ran out of goo before i could even turn it on.

Earlier i was doing test launches to see how the reactor works, then reverting back to the VAB. Later i noticed that on a freshly launched craft the reactor's radiator was already turned on, as if it stayed in that state from the previous reverted launches.

But the part info window said the reactor is off, cooling is 0%, and it wasn't glowing either.

Is this a bug, or am i missing something?

• 3 weeks later...

@AstralWither 7 posts above yours is your answer, quoted here so you have it handy:

On 6/11/2019 at 10:49 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

It is available. Just install it / just tell CKAN to not be stiff about compatible versions. :P But you will need WorldStabilizer to prevent the 1km jump bug when you launch with certain animated OPT parts. And you'll want OPT Reconfig (and its dependencies/recommendations linked in the red text) for much-needed compatibility and performance adjustments.

The long answer is that no one has heard from the mod developer in quite a while, so it's unlikely we'll get an official update.  That being said, @JadeOfMaar being awesome, has done some things to keep this mod working.  Follow his instructions above on what to install and you should be good.  Also, check out the showroom (below) for inspiration as well as a fun space to post your own spaceplanes!

Edited by kraden

On 6/15/2019 at 9:48 PM, Buflak said:

For some reason the smaller reactor sphere, Tidal Force, from the OPT legacy pack is constantly losing dark goo even though the reactor is off.

There are parts on the craft that consume electricity including 4 ion engines and a science lab, but they are supplied by large solar panels and rtgs.

The plan for the reactor was to only run it when doing long burns on dark sides of planets or far away from the sun, but it ran out of goo before i could even turn it on.

Earlier i was doing test launches to see how the reactor works, then reverting back to the VAB. Later i noticed that on a freshly launched craft the reactor's radiator was already turned on, as if it stayed in that state from the previous reverted launches.

But the part info window said the reactor is off, cooling is 0%, and it wasn't glowing either.

Is this a bug, or am i missing something?

Pardon me for the late answer.

The idea of the Dark Goo reactor is that the Dark goo is alive and boiling away; it's an RTG with a half-life while idle. It's meant for powering the engines or sustaining the drone cores on a manned vessel (typically a J or larger spaceplane) which can contain an OPT science lab and these can refill the Dark Goo. These reactors are not meant for use on small probes.

The VS-01 "Tidal Force" is not supposed to use Dark Goo. Its is purely an OP fuel cell and you would have been just fine with that, I think. You must mean the VS-02 "Dark Energy." If the Tidal Force is indeed using Dark Goo (in addition to your other problems) then your install surely must be seriously corrupted.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The VS-01 "Tidal Force" is not supposed to use Dark Goo. Its is purely an OP fuel cell and you would have been just fine with that, I think. You must mean the VS-02 "Dark Energy."

You are correct, i mixed up the 01 and 02 cores. Tidal Force is not using dark goo, so it's working as intended.

I didn't know a lab could refill goo, that's useful information, thanks. Is it only the OPT lab, or the stock version as well?

Also, what is dark science?

@Buflak Only the OPT labs can refill Dark Goo (they will require some Ore, ElectricCharge and a scientist). Dark Goo is a trade secret of OPT so no other brand of science lab gets to be fit for the job. Dark Science represents the computational data and processes (including secret ingredients) needed to run the Dark Goo generation systems within the reactors and Dark Drive, and keep their environments stable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new to this mod and im wondering if theres some add ons or something I am missing.

cc1K9kW.jpg 

There is a gap between the Humpback class to Juno class adapter, I've looked through all the parts and am pretty sure I have researched them all and can not find any "Juno" class pieces. Am I missing something here?

12 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

cc1K9kW.jpg 

There is a gap between the Humpback class to Juno class adapter, I've looked through all the parts and am pretty sure I have researched them all and can not find any "Juno" class pieces. Am I missing something here?

I see you have OPT Legacy installed.. the Humpback to Juno (J-class) adapter is just that... your issue is that that is *not* a Juno (J-class) aerospike... It is Stail class...
The Stail class is *very* close to the Juno profile, but as you can see, doesnt *quite* fit... vOv

Currently, there are no parts to cross Humpback directly with Stail parts.

Also, there is technically only *one* J-class part specific to OPT Legacy, and that's the J Cockpit Legacy...
The drone core and RCS unit are actually parts from OPT Main, but are cloned in Legacy, if Main is not installed as well...
If you want a full line-up of J-class parts, you need to install OPT Main, as well...

Edited by Stone Blue

Hello, I can’t seem to find any recent videos / albums of the mod. Does anyone know if there are any, and if the mod comes with any new landing gear? 

Awesome mod btw, truly amazing work K.Yeon and JadeOfMaar :kiss:

@ISOREX_ Thanks. I'm honored that you're happy. :P Be sure to visit the Showroom to see what others have built with OPT parts. OPT doesn't include its own gear but Kerbal Foundries is highly recommended for its superior and feature-filled wheels and gear. The next release to OPT Reconfig will include a patch to buff Kerbal Foundries' airplane wheels to endure the particular weights and heat stresses of OPT spaceplanes.

OPT once had some nice looking gear, I considered readding them when I built the OPT Legacy pack but they needed far more work to fix than I knew how to fix so in the end I left them out.