[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

On 9/30/2019 at 12:39 PM, Stone Blue said:

What do you mean? Like, it *spawns* high above the runway, and drops down to the ground, before you can even do anything in the flight scene?

If so, that sounds like the 1km spawn bug, usually caused by a collider problem with one of the parts used in the craft. The Humpback 7m Cargo Tail from Legacy is known to do that. I dont remember if any of the OPT Main parts do it and need fixing. That inline cargo bay you have in the center of the craft would be my guess as the culprit.

If this is what you are seeing, you can try installing the World Stbilizer mod, until, and if ever the parts themselves get updated with a fix.

The J Deployment bay is the culprit.

@JadeOfMaar are you aware the JK Long Adapter has no mirroring anymore, and when mirror does work it offsets the 2nd engine by 90 degrees, also check FB messages lol.

Just now, stali79 said:

The J Deployment bay is the culprit.

@JadeOfMaar are you aware the JK Long Adapter has no mirroring anymore, and when mirror does work it offsets the 2nd engine by 90 degrees, also check FB messages lol.

I gotta get paid to log in on Facebook, lol. Mirror symmetry is broken by KSP 1.8. That's something for Squad to fix, not me. It happens to the stock Mk2 bicoupler too.

22 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I gotta get paid to log in on Facebook, lol. Mirror symmetry is broken by KSP 1.8. That's something for Squad to fix, not me. It happens to the stock Mk2 bicoupler too.

so rude of Squad!!!!

4 minutes ago, stali79 said:

so rude of Squad!!!!

Yes lol. 1.9 is coming so I reeeeeally hope they fix that. There should be a very visible outrage from the stock airplane people alone, let alone the mod-using community.

• 2 weeks later...

@MrAndroPC It works on 1.8 so just do it/install it. But don't install anything else that's included in its download. They are ancient and will crash KSP.

Also install this because some animated parts will cause your spaceplane to spawn 1km in the air and fall down.

Also install this and its dependencies so that you get lots of features and fixes.

Any help for the insane drag being generated by the cargo bays? I have spent the last hour searching and haven't found any ideas or solutions The drag from the cargo bay's makes it impossible to break the sound barrier on the way to orbit. I have tried all the "stall" class cargo bays and had the same problem

XBBDlnA.png

@lane1572 It's possible that you may have that cargo bay attached to the next via its inner node which will break cargo shielding and cause that excessive drag. Make sure that when you attach it and when you try to place another part afterward, that all the nodes that appear inside are smaller, not bigger.

You want to avoid this and (for only the Stail cargo bay, I think) you'll see it coming due to Z-fighting where they attach.

NBIoxON.jpg

I'll remove the offset of the inner nodes soon and see if the chance of this happening gets reduced. It's actually annoyingly high. Thanks for noticing.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 12/18/2019 at 1:13 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

@MrAndroPC It works on 1.8 so just do it/install it. But don't install anything else that's included in its download. They are ancient and will crash KSP.

Also install this because some animated parts will cause your spaceplane to spawn 1km in the air and fall down.

Also install this and its dependencies so that you get lots of features and fixes.

Thanks, normally working w/o worldstabilizer, but very long loading with mods. I hope that in KSP 2 will be better mod compability and much parts optimization.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 11:13 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Forgive my ignorance but what is the deal with that issue anyway? Can it not be fixed somehow without world stabilizer? 

Edited by dave1904

2 hours ago, dave1904 said:

Forgive my ignorance but what is the deal with that issue anyway? Can it not be fixed somehow without world stabilizer? 

I don't fully understand it myself but if you understand layers and hierarchy in 2D or 3D art, then the thing is that these parts were put together in a very messy way and what I've been told are: the origins of some of the animated sub-pieces are far from the actual geometry and technically end up under the terrain; KSP also may not like the way that certain animated objects are nested. Up until KSP 1.4, the Unity engine didn't care but then it started to care.

It can be fixed but it is beyond me to deal with the UV unwrapping that needs to be re-done afterward because of another complex issue with these parts.

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

K. Yeon is long gone but thanks for pointing it out. I've changed the link to the OPT Reconfig thread.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

15 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I don't fully understand it myself but if you understand layers and hierarchy in 2D or 3D art, then the thing is that these parts were put together in a very messy way and what I've been told are: the origins of some of the animated sub-pieces are far from the actual geometry and technically end up under the terrain; KSP also may not like the way that certain animated objects are nested. Up until KSP 1.4, the Unity engine didn't care but then it started to care.

It can be fixed but it is beyond me to deal with the UV unwrapping that needs to be re-done afterward because of another complex issue with these parts.

I have no idea but was curious. Hopefully someday someone can fix it because It would be so nice for a mod like this to be ported to KSP2. Visually the parts are a work of art. I am pretty grateful for your efforts keeping this up to date. 

Another thing I think you should consider is rescalling the thickness of the wings. Maybe put less fuel in them to balance it or not but personally at least I think they are far more appealing. Maybe they are to thin but personally I think 0.5 the scale is perfect. Keep in mind image below has a wing at 120% tweakscale. 

nCfaR6i.png

• 4 weeks later...

There is a bug.

When launching, it will be installed in the sky.

It is difficult to reproduce, but it can be blown off at very high speeds.

This behavior occurs when you use one of the following parts.

・OPT J Deployment Bay

・OPT J Inline Large Docking Port

Could you tell me how to stop this phenomenon?

@siro That bug has existed since KSP 1.4. Install this mod to deal with it. But when you do, don't put launch clamps on any craft that contains the bugged parts. If you do, the craft will spawn 1km in the air with the clamps attached and will be stuck up there.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have any Links for Craft.Files for this current Mod?

All of my original Craft Files will not longer load due to missing or re-Named parts and the Craft files that come with this download all have missing cockpit messages when I try to load them in the SPH...

Thanks!

Edited by Kilo60

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason anytime I use the heavier OPT planes such as J's my frames go from perfect to unusable. I know its not my computer because it runs KSP perfectly and its an overclocked i9 with 2080TI Founders Edition. Is there something going on here? Also, with the J frames I noticed the service bay starts me 1000 feet in the air.

8 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

Also, with the J frames I noticed the service bay starts me 1000 feet in the air.

See my previous post... 2 posts up from yours. (And it's meters, not feel :P )

I have no answers to why your performance loss happens.

9 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

For some reason anytime I use the heavier OPT planes such as J's my frames go from perfect to unusable. I know its not my computer because it runs KSP perfectly and its an overclocked i9 with 2080TI Founders Edition. Is there something going on here? Also, with the J frames I noticed the service bay starts me 1000 feet in the air.

Do you use the Trajectories mod?