[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

On 6/7/2017 at 9:01 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

I've already PM'd Stali, asking this but, is there a segment in the J-60 and J-61 configs where I can control the surface EMM texture's brightness. Particularly the long one. I need this texture to look okay like this (as at 1/15 throttle) when it's throttled up basically anywhere useful.

ho0gglN.jpg

And not overexposed like this.

nQn7XE3.jpg

hold up, those parts don't look familiar. is that a future mesh update, entirely new parts, or am i missing something important?

16 minutes ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

hold up, those parts don't look familiar. is that a future mesh update, entirely new parts, or am i missing something important?

New parts courtesy of @JadeOfMaar based on existing parts. once he has them finished I will test/debug them and then add them to the legacy pack (assuming that is what he wants)

Last thing @JadeOfMaar, on your picture here, what are those engines on either side of the aerospike? The ones that look a bit like the J-61s but not really. And that landing gear. And the "HAE-2", whatever that is.

(I know this is a lot of questions but I've been all but dead for the past 6 months and more than a bit out of the loop on just about everything)

19 minutes ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

Last thing @JadeOfMaar, on your picture here, what are those engines on either side of the aerospike? The ones that look a bit like the J-61s but not really. And that landing gear. And the "HAE-2", whatever that is.

(I know this is a lot of questions but I've been all but dead for the past 6 months and more than a bit out of the loop on just about everything)

I welcome the questions and don't mind helping someone catch up with KSP itself and OPT. The 4x Mk2 engines are the newly made HAE-02 engine. They're in the OPT Main Pack and officially replace the Legacy J-61. The landing gear are Adjustable Landing Gear, part of the revived Kerbal Foundries mod. The underside cabins are the new OPT H-series parts.

You'll get the HAE engine and the new/improved H, K, and KH series parts (KH officially replaces the legacy Humpback series) in OPT main pack v1.9.9. When you download, make sure to read the red warning text and the spoiler under it in the OP. :) 

I made this Mega shuttle out of the OPT Space Parts, and it requires two massive rockets as well as 10 additional boosters to get airborne.......

EwYPN0O.jpg

This is it during launch.......

3RXgBoC.jpg

23 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Why did your Minmus trip fail? Does the shuttle not have enough dV to capture around it? To land? Or did the launcher use some of its fuel?

No it was something to do with the orbit just not coming right :/

1 hour ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

I must have done the install wrong or something... I don't see the engine or the ramps.

And an alarming amount of wings are missing too...

can happen when you have a LOT of parts mods installed

1 hour ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

See, I don't think it's that this time around. I only have 16 part mods installed in 1.3 (which is a big step down from what I used to have) and I never had that problem in 1.2.2

It's time to produce logs, otherwise everyone here is just shooting blanks

Hi guys,

created an account for an issue I am facing with this mod, which I hope you guys have seen before or at least can assist with.

Since KSP went to 1.3, OPT has been giving me issues. If I use the bundled Module Manager (2.7.6) then the game runs fine, but my OPT parts cannot be given fuel tanks (right clicking on non-cockpit parts does nothing, though cockpits do not have the fuel options either). My ships that are already in space from before the update still have their tanks performing as expected, however.

So I swapped out the MM version for 2.8 (no, there aren't 2 of them in the gamedata folder), and this causes a CTD, always on the same part (screenshot included with error logs in dropbox).

I tried a fresh install of KSP on a different computer, but oddly enough, I have the exact same issue. I don't really see others with this so I thought I'd let you guys see if you've encountered this type of error before. The logs suggest mono.dll is the culprit for the crash, but swapping out either the MM or removing OPT allows the game to run just fine, so they do not appear to be playing nice.

Current mod list as follows (all freshly installed as of yesterday):

• ASET
  • CommunityCategoryKit
  • Firespitter 
  • JSI
  • KerbalEngineer
  • MechJeb2
  • OPT

Apart from KE & MJ2, the others are just the recommended installs from the OPT readme/forum. Was vainly hoping adding them in would fix the issue (Also, the 2 minor bugfixes were thrown in to OPT as well).

I'd just like to add that OPT is my favorite KSP mod, and the satisfaction of doing things like sending my SSTO's to land on Eve and return is one of the main reasons I'm still playing the game 450 hours in.

Error Logs here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qmaog321u181rfa/AAAnpCZIfc0uV7G9lP4xdB2Ka?dl=0

Thanks in advance,

John

3 hours ago, nugent said:

Hi guys,

created an account for an issue I am facing with this mod, which I hope you guys have seen before or at least can assist with.

I look's like your version of the Firespitter.dll is for KSP 1.22, get the one for KSP 1.3 here https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases/download/v7.6.0/Firespitter_7.6.0.zip 

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager.2.8.0 v2.8.0.0
ASETPropsIdentifier v1.4.0.0
Firespitter v7.3.6212.36331 
RasterPropMonitor v0.29.0.13830
KerbalEngineer v1.1.3.0
KerbalEngineer.Unity v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
MechJeb2 v2.5.1.0 / v / v2.6.1.0

What's probably happening is with the old MM Firespitter isn't patched to the OPT parts and with the correct MM Firespitter is being patched to the OPT parts, but it's not for 1.3 and crashes.

One thing to note is OPT 1.9.9 has not been updated to KSP 1.3, so any bundled dependant mod's are suspect.

Oh. and welcome to the forums!

Edited by smurphy34
No Spel I

1 hour ago, smurphy34 said:

What's probably happening is with the old MM Firespitter isn't patched to the OPT parts and with the correct MM Firespitter is being patched to the OPT parts, but it's not for 1.3 and crashes.

You are right! Looks like the standalone dll available for firespitter was the old version. I downloaded the full mod and just extracted the plugin. Looks like things are performing as expected now.

Thank you very much!

11 hours ago, Starwaster said:

It's time to produce logs, otherwise everyone here is just shooting blanks

Figured it out on my own, I named the folder something else mistakenly and the game configs weren't pointing to it correctly. Should probably figure out KSP again before complaining :/

3 minutes ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

Figured it out on my own, I named the folder something else mistakenly and the game configs weren't pointing to it correctly. Should probably figure out KSP again before complaining :/

Sometimes user errors occur in the user's blind spot. Asking for help in these cases usually results in being told what the particular user error is, which in turn almost always results in the user finding and correcting the error.

Occasionally, typing out a help request on a forum and then reading what you just typed (not just KSP, but in general) results in the eureka moment. There is nothing wrong with asking for help when you need help.

---

Also, MM is updated to version 2.8.0.

Can someone try making this Valkyrie shuttle from Avatar using the OPT parts? The OPT parts does have a cockpit which is almost identical to this one so you can use that as a starting point...

latest?cb=20100607093409

Edited by carss

6 hours ago, carss said:

Can someone try making this Valkyrie shuttle from Avatar using the OPT parts? The OPT parts does have a cockpit which is almost identical to this one so you can use that as a starting point...

@Mycroft has a perfect VTOL/SSTO Valkyrie on KerbalX (except it has no hind piece and it has a few parts from varied mods).