[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

I found a bug in the new legacy version which causes the J OMS unit to disappear.  This will be corrected in the next version but for now the fix is simple.  Open the j_oms.cfg file and replace PARTPART:NEEDS[OPT] with PART:NEEDS[OPT]

Just trying this mod for the 1st time. Very beautiful!

Having a small issue where loading any of the J cockpits causes my game to crash when moving to the runway. Doesn't occur with the J drone cores or the other format cockpits. 

My error log below:

Spoiler

[LOG 19:17:53.905] [KSPI] - Retract Called 
[LOG 19:17:53.937] [KSPI] - Retract Called 
[LOG 19:17:53.971] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.6.0
[LOG 19:17:54.062] [ModularFlightIntegrator] MFI Start
[LOG 19:17:54.062] [ModularFlightIntegrator] Start. VesselModule on vessel : 
  ModularFlightIntegrator
  RPMVesselComputer
  CommNetVessel

[LOG 19:17:54.064] [SCANsat] Loading Kopernicus On Demand PQSMod For Earth
[ERR 19:17:54.105] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'InternalVesselView'

[ERR 19:17:54.106] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'InternalVesselView'

[ERR 19:17:54.106] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'EngineIgnitorRPM'

[ERR 19:17:54.107] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'DPAI_RPM'

[ERR 19:17:54.124] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'InternalVesselView'

[ERR 19:17:54.124] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'InternalVesselView'

[ERR 19:17:54.124] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'EngineIgnitorRPM'

[ERR 19:17:54.125] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'DPAI_RPM'

[ERR 19:17:54.160] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'InternalVesselView'

[ERR 19:17:54.160] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'InternalVesselView'

[ERR 19:17:54.161] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'EngineIgnitorRPM'

[ERR 19:17:54.161] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'DPAI_RPM'

[ERR 19:17:54.188] [RasterPropMonitorComputer]: Tried to look for method with propToUse still null?

[ERR 19:17:54.190] [RasterPropMonitorComputer]: Tried to look for method with propToUse still null?

[ERR 19:17:54.203] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.203] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeTarget

[ERR 19:17:54.203] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeTarget

[ERR 19:17:54.205] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.205] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeStabilityAssist

[ERR 19:17:54.206] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeStabilityAssist

[ERR 19:17:54.208] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.208] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeRetrograde

[ERR 19:17:54.208] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeRetrograde

[ERR 19:17:54.211] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.211] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModePrograde

[ERR 19:17:54.211] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModePrograde

[ERR 19:17:54.213] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.213] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.213] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.216] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.216] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeManeuver

[ERR 19:17:54.216] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeManeuver

[ERR 19:17:54.219] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.219] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeAntiTarget

[ERR 19:17:54.219] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeAntiTarget

[ERR 19:17:54.221] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.221] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeAntiNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.221] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeAntiNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.223] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.223] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeAntiNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.223] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeAntiNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.226] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.226] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeAntiTarget

[ERR 19:17:54.226] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeAntiTarget

[ERR 19:17:54.228] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.228] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeManeuver

[ERR 19:17:54.228] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeManeuver

[ERR 19:17:54.230] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.231] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.231] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.233] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.233] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModePrograde

[ERR 19:17:54.233] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModePrograde

52 minutes ago, proteasome said:

Just trying this mod for the 1st time. Very beautiful!

Having a small issue where loading any of the J cockpits causes my game to crash when moving to the runway. Doesn't occur with the J drone cores or the other format cockpits. 

My error log below:

Hide contents

[LOG 19:17:53.905] [KSPI] - Retract Called 
[LOG 19:17:53.937] [KSPI] - Retract Called 
[LOG 19:17:53.971] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.6.0
[LOG 19:17:54.062] [ModularFlightIntegrator] MFI Start
[LOG 19:17:54.062] [ModularFlightIntegrator] Start. VesselModule on vessel : 
  ModularFlightIntegrator
  RPMVesselComputer
  CommNetVessel

[LOG 19:17:54.064] [SCANsat] Loading Kopernicus On Demand PQSMod For Earth
[ERR 19:17:54.105] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'InternalVesselView'

[ERR 19:17:54.106] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'InternalVesselView'

[ERR 19:17:54.106] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'EngineIgnitorRPM'

[ERR 19:17:54.124] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'EngineIgnitorRPM'

[ERR 19:17:54.161] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'EngineIgnitorRPM'

[ERR 19:17:54.188] [RasterPropMonitorComputer]: Tried to look for method with propToUse still null?

[ERR 19:17:54.190] [RasterPropMonitorComputer]: Tried to look for method with propToUse still null?

[ERR 19:17:54.203] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.203] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeTarget

[ERR 19:17:54.203] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeTarget

[ERR 19:17:54.205] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.205] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeStabilityAssist

[ERR 19:17:54.206] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeStabilityAssist

[ERR 19:17:54.208] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.208] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeRetrograde

[ERR 19:17:54.208] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeRetrograde

[ERR 19:17:54.211] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.211] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModePrograde

[ERR 19:17:54.211] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModePrograde

[ERR 19:17:54.213] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.213] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.213] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.216] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.216] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeManeuver

[ERR 19:17:54.216] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeManeuver

[ERR 19:17:54.219] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.219] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeAntiTarget

[ERR 19:17:54.219] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeAntiTarget

[ERR 19:17:54.221] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.221] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeAntiNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.221] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeAntiNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.223] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.223] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeAntiNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.223] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeAntiNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.226] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.226] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeAntiTarget

[ERR 19:17:54.226] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeAntiTarget

[ERR 19:17:54.228] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.228] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeManeuver

[ERR 19:17:54.228] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeManeuver

[ERR 19:17:54.230] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.231] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModeNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.231] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModeNormal

[ERR 19:17:54.233] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSIInternalRPMButtons'

[ERR 19:17:54.233] [InternalProp]: Failed finding module JSIInternalRPMButtons for method ButtonSASModePrograde

[ERR 19:17:54.233] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Failed to instantiate action handler JSIInternalRPMButtons:ButtonSASModePrograde

Those are all RPM errors. Mod list please

2 hours ago, stali79 said:

Those are all RPM errors. Mod list please

Spoiler

{
    "kind": "metapackage",
    "abstract": "A list of modules installed on the default KSP instance",
    "name": "installed-default",
    "license": "unknown",
    "version": "2017.03.13.03.17.31",
    "identifier": "installed-default",
    "spec_version": "v1.6",
    "recommends": [
        {
            "name": "Kopernicus"
        },
        {
            "name": "ModuleManager"
        },
        {
            "name": "ModularFlightIntegrator"
        },
        {
            "name": "SCANsat"
        },
        {
            "name": "Toolbar"
        },
        {
            "name": "RasterPropMonitor"
        },
        {
            "name": "RasterPropMonitor-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "ModularFuelTanks"
        },
        {
            "name": "TextureReplacer"
        },
        {
            "name": "KSPInterstellarExtended"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalJointReinforcement"
        },
        {
            "name": "FilterExtensions"
        },
        {
            "name": "B9-props"
        },
        {
            "name": "FirespitterCore"
        },
        {
            "name": "B9AnimationModules"
        },
        {
            "name": "RSSTextures2048"
        },
        {
            "name": "PersistentRotation"
        },
        {
            "name": "PersistentThrust"
        },
        {
            "name": "B9"
        },
        {
            "name": "KSP-AVC"
        },
        {
            "name": "HideEmptyTechNodes"
        },
        {
            "name": "UniversalStorage"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityResourcePack"
        },
        {
            "name": "B9PartSwitch"
        },
        {
            "name": "B9AerospaceHX"
        },
        {
            "name": "TweakScale"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityTechTree"
        },
        {
            "name": "ColorCodedCans"
        },
        {
            "name": "FuelTanksPlus"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalAlarmClock"
        },
        {
            "name": "MechJeb2"
        },
        {
            "name": "TriggerAu-Flags"
        },
        {
            "name": "SmokeScreen"
        },
        {
            "name": "InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "SpacetuxSA"
        },
        {
            "name": "WaypointManager"
        },
        {
            "name": "RealSolarSystem"
        },
        {
            "name": "HangarExtender"
        },
        {
            "name": "SolarSailNavigator"
        },
        {
            "name": "JettisonFuel"
        },
        {
            "name": "OPTSpacePlaneMain"
        },
        {
            "name": "ASETAvionics"
        },
        {
            "name": "ASETProps"
        },
        {
            "name": "ASETAgency"
        },
        {
            "name": "PoodsMilkyWaySkybox"
        },
        {
            "name": "InterstellarFuelSwitch"
        },
        {
            "name": "DeflatableHeatShield"
        }
    ]
}

Just now, Gunslinger1 said:

Moobein came out with a night texture for OPT parts, is there a way we can get a half "night" half "reg" texture pack to simulate a heat shield?

I will look into it but I can't make any promises.  Chances are no as it would require photoshop skills above what I have as new assets would have to be put into the texture along the seam line.

17 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I've been starting to realize a few ideas of my own for visuals for OPT parts. :) (So far, only these engines.)I 

JlIjoDT.jpg

kUdlvBP.jpg pWZAs7S.jpg YOJpYhk.jpg 3dxis1f.jpg

they look really cool man

They would be quite fit for an include but I don't know how Sir Yeon would feel about them being described as being resurrected by another far future science and engineering conglomerate and leased back to/under the OPT name.

Spoiler

These engines sacrifice any typical combustion chamber for a Trek-inspired magnetic coil shaft. They'll consume insane EC and IntakeAtm at peak performance but will operate without Oxygen and are meant to make a few impossible things possible. 

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

They would be quite fit for an include but I don't know how Sir Yeon would feel about them being described as being resurrected by another far future science and engineering conglomerate and leased back to/under the OPT name.

Hide contents

These engines sacrifice any typical combustion chamber for a Trek-inspired magnetic coil shaft. They'll consume insane EC and IntakeAtm at peak performance but will operate without Oxygen and are meant to make a few impossible things possible. 

Its an interesting concept for them, so I would suggest put them VERY high up the tech tree, but he has pretty much given me full control of the legacy pack. I am happy to include them.

35 minutes ago, stali79 said:

Its an interesting concept for them, so I would suggest put them VERY high up the tech tree, but he has pretty much given me full control of the legacy pack. I am happy to include them.

I'm going the whole nine yards with these things. They already have a new place in th Community Tech Tree (but yes, not high enough. Dark Drive is still way ahead of them). I even want to change their sounds, maybe give the J-92 thrust sounds to the J-60, and set entirely different toggle and flameout sounds.

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm going the whole nine yards with these things. They already have a new place in th Community Tech Tree (but yes, not high enough. Dark Drive is still way ahead of them). I even want to change their sounds, maybe give the J-92 thrust sounds to the J-60, and set entirely different toggle and flameout sounds.

sounds good man. once you have them complete send them to me and I will have a play with them

Speaking of the older Mk2 engines, does anyone else want to separate them performance and mass-wise, or is it just me?

Right now, the only difference between the two is the overall length of the two engines, they both perform and mass exactly the same, so the only reason to pick one over the other is aesthetics. I'd love for them to have distinctly different behaviors and performance, so you'd have a greater reason to choose between them...

9 minutes ago, Winchester said:

Speaking of the older Mk2 engines, does anyone else want to separate them performance and mass-wise, or is it just me?

Right now, the only difference between the two is the overall length of the two engines, they both perform and mass exactly the same, so the only reason to pick one over the other is aesthetics. I'd love for them to have distinctly different behaviors and performance, so you'd have a greater reason to choose between them...

I suck at tuning them, so if you can suggest better tunings for the shorter engine then I am happy to test them and incorporate them into legacy :)

1 minute ago, stali79 said:

I suck at tuning them, so if you can suggest better tunings for the shorter engine then I am happy to test them and incorporate them into legacy :)

I suck just as bad, to be honest. I just want someone who *doesn't* suck to know that this is a thing that people want. :)