K.Yeon

[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

why not package it in the download?

That's a good question actually. I chose not to ask to have CRP bundled because anyone who wants to use those engines will need to install Near Future Electric which already bundles CRP. Otherwise any error with them (such as this one) should be negligible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyone besides me who experiences difficulties transferring fuel with OPT? Alt+click works if craft is all stock parts but I just can't reliably bring the fuel transfer windows in OPT craft. Is there a trick to it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to those "bulged" K-fuselage parts that were shown a while ago? Was that idea scrapped or did I miss something? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greatness101 said:

What happened to those "bulged" K-fuselage parts that were shown a while ago? Was that idea scrapped or did I miss something? :P

Do you mean this? The KH body. It's there. All the H fuselage mounted parts fit onto this and the normal K body.

9Hpgn4s.png

Spoiler

gEex9ok.jpg

mjR7KTw.png

WjgdffA.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Do you mean this? The KH body. It's there. All the H fuselage mounted parts fit onto this and the normal K body.

9Hpgn4s.png

  Hide contents

gEex9ok.jpg

mjR7KTw.png

WjgdffA.png

 

I meant these :P

SECgykC.png

Edited by Greatness101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, King Something said:

I think they're in the legacy pack.

They are, except for the cockpit on the left which was never released

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to let people know, I've just added black OPT textures to my texture switching mod, which can find here:

My black 64-passenger SSTO :cool:

k3jPdQE.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Just to let people know, I've just added black OPT textures to my texture switching mod, which can find here:

My black 64-passenger SSTO :cool:

k3jPdQE.png

which parts have you added to your mod? I am still in progress of converting ALL the OPT textures to have black variants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the parts in OPT main, except the grey RCS OMS I think lol. I just pretty much made a PS curves filter preset to enblacken, just had to mask out some sections I didn't want to switch, like internals.

Feel free to use my configs to get the object names etc. I use IFS to be able to switch more than one texture at once, which I think some parts needed (KH class mostly iirc). If you just set your FS/IFS module id to something other than 88, my switching will still be compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zapo147 said:

CKAN update please?

Let whoever manages CKAN send me a PM with the netkan files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know about the main pack but the legacy pack will only ever be on spacedock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HaydenTheKing said:

This used to be on ckan is it not any more?  If I instal when I have other mods on ckan will it mess them up?

First question @stali79:  OPT isn't listed on CKAN at the moment, but OPT Legacy is. @HaydenTheKing If you look just a couple posts above yours, you will see the same question being asked, followed by a response.

Second question:  If you mean manually install OPT when other mods you have are installed by CKAN, then no, it won't mess up your other mods.  I have 90 mods installed through CKAN*, and another 23 I've installed manually, due to them not being on CKAN yet (or the mod creator doesn't want their mod on CKAN, for their own reason).  The only thing you need to be careful about is that some mods contain different versions of things like Module Manager, or plugin cores that are required for other mods to work.  These can cause issues, and in many cases, the game simply won't load.  Using Module Manager as an example,  by itself, it doesn't change a damn thing in the game, but nearly all mods require it.  This is the one that usually bites people in the rearend, since many mods bundle MM with their files.  Some of those bundled MMs are outdated, and if you don't pay attention, you can end up with multiple versions, causing issues.  CKAN automatically filters outdated versions.

*About 1/4 of these are dependencies for other mods that I use.  They don't do much themselves except to allow a specific mod to work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MaxxQ said:

First question @stali79:  OPT isn't listed on CKAN at the moment, but OPT Legacy is. @HaydenTheKing If you look just a couple posts above yours, you will see the same question being asked, followed by a response.

Second question:  If you mean manually install OPT when other mods you have are installed by CKAN, then no, it won't mess up your other mods.  I have 90 mods installed through CKAN*, and another 23 I've installed manually, due to them not being on CKAN yet (or the mod creator doesn't want their mod on CKAN, for their own reason).  The only thing you need to be careful about is that some mods contain different versions of things like Module Manager, or plugin cores that are required for other mods to work.  These can cause issues, and in many cases, the game simply won't load.  Using Module Manager as an example,  by itself, it doesn't change a damn thing in the game, but nearly all mods require it.  This is the one that usually bites people in the rearend, since many mods bundle MM with their files.  Some of those bundled MMs are outdated, and if you don't pay attention, you can end up with multiple versions, causing issues.  CKAN automatically filters outdated versions.

*About 1/4 of these are dependencies for other mods that I use.  They don't do much themselves except to allow a specific mod to work.  

I cant attest to the ckan status of OPT Main but Legacy shouldnt be on ckan...  What version is on ckan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked. Spacedock must automatically add to ckan whether you want it to or not which annoys me as i had decided Legacy would not be available on ckan. Its also possible that Legacy being on ckan is causing issues for OPT Main with regards to ckan listing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaxxQ said:

First question @stali79:  OPT isn't listed on CKAN at the moment, but OPT Legacy is. @HaydenTheKing If you look just a couple posts above yours, you will see the same question being asked, followed by a response.

Second question:  If you mean manually install OPT when other mods you have are installed by CKAN, then no, it won't mess up your other mods.  I have 90 mods installed through CKAN*, and another 23 I've installed manually, due to them not being on CKAN yet (or the mod creator doesn't want their mod on CKAN, for their own reason).  The only thing you need to be careful about is that some mods contain different versions of things like Module Manager, or plugin cores that are required for other mods to work.  These can cause issues, and in many cases, the game simply won't load.  Using Module Manager as an example,  by itself, it doesn't change a damn thing in the game, but nearly all mods require it.  This is the one that usually bites people in the rearend, since many mods bundle MM with their files.  Some of those bundled MMs are outdated, and if you don't pay attention, you can end up with multiple versions, causing issues.  CKAN automatically filters outdated versions.

*About 1/4 of these are dependencies for other mods that I use.  They don't do much themselves except to allow a specific mod to work.  

Ok that helps,  so make sure I have most updated module manager.  What about the fire starter plugin?  Do I need to install firestarter through ckan then add the plugin or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MaxxQ OPT Main shows as "OPTSpacePlaneMain" in CKAN's registry file and is current, but does not show in the GUI's listings. OPT Legacy shows in the GUI but with it's rather lengthy SpaceDock name and a possibly conflicting identifier "OPTSpacePlaneParts" (Note that the SpaceDock name does not contain the word "Legacy"). Ultimately this is a little mess resulting from when OPT Legacy on SpaceDock was OPT Main but then @K.Yeon gave it over to Stali and reposted OPT Main.

@stali79 It may be about time to repost OPT Legacy on SpaceDock and change the cover image and description on the current to show that it's osbolete. I can handle the CKAN/netkan stuff if you wish.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@MaxxQ OPT Main shows as "OPTSpacePlaneMain" in CKAN's registry file and is current, but does not show in the GUI's listings. OPT Legacy shows in the GUI but with it's rather lengthy SpaceDock name and a possibly conflicting identifier "OPTSpacePlaneParts" (Note that the SpaceDock name does not contain the word "Legacy"). Ultimately this is a little mess resulting from when OPT Legacy on SpaceDock was OPT Main but then @K.Yeon gave it over to Stali and reposted OPT Main.

@stali79 It may be about time to repost OPT Legacy on SpaceDock and change the cover image and description on the current to show that it's osbolete. I can handle the CKAN/netkan stuff if you wish.

 

The legacy page on spacedock is the one i originally made, maybe the name just needs updating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Ok that helps,  so make sure I have most updated module manager.  What about the fire starter plugin?  Do I need to install firestarter through ckan then add the plugin or what?

I assume you mean Firespitter?  If so, then that one's a bit tricky as well, because different mods may require different versions (I just read this on another topic, so apologies for stealing it), and you can only run one version of a mod.  If you're using CKAN for everything, then both Firespitter and Firespitter core are available on there.  I personally don't use Firespitter, but I do have FS core installed, because it's required for other mods that I have installed.  I'm not sure if there would be an issue if both are installed... my assumption is that FS contains FS core as well, but I may be wrong about that.

The thing is, I love mods.  I have 100+ here on KSP, I have nearly 250 on Skyrim, 60-70 on Dragon Age Origins, and so on.  The problem is that for the most part, I use a mod manager to install them, because some mods are just too finicky to install manually (I'm lazy, pure and simple).  I only manually install mods when it's REQUIRED by the mod-maker (or when they're not available through the mod manager), and then I follow the instructions to the letter.  As far as manually installing mods in KSP, I don't think there's ever been an easier game to do that with.  CKAN is completely unnecessary, considering how easy it is to install mods on KSP - with a few exceptions, of course.  Galileo's Planet Pack is one that I will NEVER use CKAN to install, because there's just so many sub-mods contained in the main mod for mixing and matching how you want to play.  Also, some things for GPP rely on other mods, but have their own "version" of that required mod.  This can confuse CKAN, and it may not install the sub-folder correctly, if at all.

The other thing that really helps to understand all this and be comfortable with it is to READ the mod threads.  If you've just found a mod you like, go to the thread, then go back a few pages and start reading from there.  most of the time, any questions you may have are answered within those last few pages.  Another thing I do is read the first 3-4 pages of a thread.  Every (good) modder out there should have install instructions in the very first post, as well as a list of dependencies and conflicts.  Forex, KSP R&D conflicts with Tweakscale and other mods.  I don't use TS, but I do have some other mods that R&D conflicts with.  CKAN will refuse to install one if the other is present, so I have to manually install the conflicting mod (in some case, like with R&D, you can do this.  Most of the time, you can't manually get around CKAN's conflict warning, and you will break your game until you remove the offending mod(s)).  I'm aware of the issues (because I read enough of the mod threads to know what to expect), so I'm not suprised when something can't be done using one or the other of those conflicting mods.

So, above all else, read the mod threads for the mods you're interested in - at least the first few and last few pages, paying special attention to the first post.  I know this takes time and you (in general, not you specifically) want to start playing ASAP, but trust me, a couple hours reading might save you a couple DAYS of troubleshooting - or even save your saves :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, could you include in OPT Legacy this patch for RT:

Spoiler

@PART[OPTantenna]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{    
    %MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
        %IsRTActive = true
        %Mode0OmniRange = 0
        %Mode1OmniRange = 2500000
        %EnergyCost = 0.13
        
        %TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
            %PacketResourceCost = 15.0
        }
    }
    
    %MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

without him playing with the OPT Legacy and RT antenna does not work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.