K.Yeon

[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, nicx274 said:

I have a issue where the fuel tanks dont hold any fuel they act as normal fuselage

You need to have Firespitter installed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nicx274 said:

I have firspitter and also planes plus

 

Interstellar fuel switch then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OPT Legacy 1.0.9

  • Added inner attachment nodes for Humpback hollow fuselage
  • Adjustment to ARI-73 and WarpJet engines (In particular, the ARI no longer grants insane dV and is a little lighter like the ARI-75)
  • Fixed Tweakscale and RemoteTech patches
  • Fixed cargo bay modules (the problem of reversed cargo module status), removed aeroshield patch (no longer needed)
Edited by JadeOfMaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

OPT Legacy 1.0.9

  • Added inner attachment nodes for Humpback hollow fuselage
  • Adjustment to ARI-73 and WarpJet engines (In particular, the ARI no longer grants insane dV and is a little lighter like the ARI-75)
  • Fixed Tweakscale and RemoteTech patches
  • Fixed cargo bay modules (the problem of reversed cargo module status), removed aeroshield patch (no longer needed)

I'm having some serious problems with the Legacy parts pack, my KSP just crashes every time I try to load the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carss said:

I'm having some serious problems with the Legacy parts pack, my KSP just crashes every time I try to load the game!

As I responded to this similar complaint...

On 9/7/2017 at 7:38 PM, Scorpiodude said:

This mod crashes my game when I revert flights or when I put the folder in plugins. can someone tell me which folders to put opt in?

 

On 9/7/2017 at 8:27 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

When you install this mod, the path for it needs to look like MyKSPFolder\GameData\OPT_Legacy\

Make sure you have a version of Firespitter for KSP 1.3 if you're using KSP 1.3, and that you only have one ModuleManager DLL file... the latest version.

If you did these right, scroll up a little and click the link in @stali79 signature. Help us to help you.

 

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

As I responded to this similar complaint...

 

 

I have KSP 1.3, I have firespitter as well and the path is also accurate. It still crashes :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

Well, sir. It's time to share a log. Can't help you without it.

Alright, here is a folder in my Drive you can use here, there are three crash logs. Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@carss I was hoping for your output_log.txt. That's the most helpful one. But what you sent me at least says something.

  1. There's the mono.dll problem which must mean you have 2 versions of a plugin installed somewhere (or some plugin rated for KSP 1.2.2 and NOT 1.3)
  2. You're running 32-bit KSP. If your OS is 64-bit always run 64-bit KSP. If your OS is 32-bit, try removing other mods or find a 64-bit PC to run KSP on.
Edited by JadeOfMaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@carss I was hoping for your output_log.txt. That's the most helpful one. But what you sent me at least says something.

  1. There's the mono.dll problem which must mean you have 2 versions of a plugin installed somewhere (or some plugin rated for KSP 1.2.2 and NOT 1.3)
  2. You're running 32-bit KSP. If your OS is 64-bit always run 64-bit KSP. If your OS is 32-bit, try removing other mods or find a 64-bit PC to run KSP on.

Oh ok, so maybe the 64 bit one should be my default one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JadeOfMaar Nice update and just in time for my Humpback build. :) 

Those settings for the ARI-73 have brought the dV down some but I still think it's a little OP. This update dropped my insance 10k dV from the first update, down to 8k dV, but I still think thats a little high considering the engine setup it replaced on the same ship had 5k dV. For what it's worth, I did some testing and tweaking and made some changes to bring it more inline of stock gameplay for myself as I wanted to use these engines and not feel like I was cheating. haha The aim was to make it more of a blend between the Nerv and the RAPIER/Whiplash combo, since I feel that's what it competes with. The retrofit of one of my builds with Nervs to the ARI-73 with the following settings netted only 450-500 more dV once in LKO. Not a huge jump in dV but a little bump for the better tech. Just some feedback for you. Do what you wish with the following information.

 

The changes I made were as follow:

cost = 12500 (Figured it should cost more then the Nerv since it outperforms it in every way. Plus the cheap cost before, cut the ship build costs by a massive amount with these engines which seemed unbalanced.)

mass = 2.8 (It was just to light for it's potential.) 

maxThrust = 100 (Just less then the RAPIER in VAC but no Ox so it's a trade off. This might even be better balanced at 80-90 but I never tested it yet.)

key = 0 750 (A little less in VAC then the Nerv but you still have the 3000 and thrust the Nerv lacks in ASL)

Edited by DougS2K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't understand comments about OP in a singleplayer game all fantasy. If you don't like it just do your own mod, don't come here criticize other ppl work... For me this mod let you create nice ships without need of tones of fuel tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gunslinger1 said:

Any chance we can get a full hull window cockpit? Like that of Prometheus, Covenant, or Mass Effect?

The Phoenix cockpit is similar to that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DougS2K Sorry, bud, I cannot reduce the ARI-73's capabilities any more than I've done. :) In vacuum I've measured that the engine has 3x the NERV's thrust and appropriately consumes  nearly 3x the fuel, and can grant up to a modest 20% dV versus a ship similarly equipped with NERVs, and it has no alternator. I came close to making it even consume EC to add balance to it. Part of why I love and maintain OPT is because it's based in sci-fi and the capabilities of its engines (mostly imbued with "S.C.O.O.P." technology invented by K. Yeon) allow me and other avid OPT fans to build particularly beautiful and powerful planes and skip the mass tank spam and engine spam commonly done with every other mod that makes every effort to have stockalike engine performance.

There is plenty "gameplay balance" scattered about within OPT, or which is applied to it from the game itself. The last things K. Yeon did was add 10% dry mass to all fuel holding pieces, nerf the J Aerospike engine, and make all RCS thrusters consume loads of EC. Some of us build gigantic planes and we need to pack lots of batteries (and even reactors now) for that RCS; bigger parts are draggier which means every single part; and moreover, some of us use this in upscaled solar systems where dV is much more precious than upholding stock rules.

I must sadly suggest that you roll your own performance patch or use engines from another mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious 'bout FAR compability patch. What exactly it does? I got my hand on FAR just yesterday, and without patch my crafts flies like a charm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, the CKAN metadata seems to be broken, it shows 2.0.1 available only for 1.2.2, but its the same ZIP file as in the OT:

qSLUYsA.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cosmonauth said:

I'm curious 'bout FAR compability patch. What exactly it does? I got my hand on FAR just yesterday, and without patch my crafts flies like a charm.

THEORETICALLY, OPT doesnt need the patch per se. All the patch will do is fine tune the aerodynamics on top of what FAR does.

2 hours ago, Blackline said:

Hi, the CKAN metadata seems to be broken, it shows 2.0.1 available only for 1.2.2, but its the same ZIP file as in the OT:

qSLUYsA.png

Not sure what you mean.

 

EDIT: What I THINK is happening is that because the main pack hasnt been marked for 1.3 by @K.Yeon on spacedock that CKAN thinks its for 1.2.2 only.  Just manually install it and you will be fine.

Edited by stali79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, stali79 said:

THEORETICALLY, OPT doesnt need the patch per se. All the patch will do is fine tune the aerodynamics on top of what FAR does.

Not sure what you mean.

 

EDIT: What I THINK is happening is that because the main pack hasnt been marked for 1.3 by @K.Yeon on spacedock that CKAN thinks its for 1.2.2 only.  Just manually install it and you will be fine.

Sorry forgot to mention that I am using 1.3. I did install it manually, I just wanted to inform you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@DougS2K Sorry, bud, I cannot reduce the ARI-73's capabilities any more than I've done. :) In vacuum I've measured that the engine has 3x the NERV's thrust and appropriately consumes  nearly 3x the fuel, and can grant up to a modest 20% dV versus a ship similarly equipped with NERVs, and it has no alternator. I came close to making it even consume EC to add balance to it. Part of why I love and maintain OPT is because it's based in sci-fi and the capabilities of its engines (mostly imbued with "S.C.O.O.P." technology invented by K. Yeon) allow me and other avid OPT fans to build particularly beautiful and powerful planes and skip the mass tank spam and engine spam commonly done with every other mod that makes every effort to have stockalike engine performance.

There is plenty "gameplay balance" scattered about within OPT, or which is applied to it from the game itself. The last things K. Yeon did was add 10% dry mass to all fuel holding pieces, nerf the J Aerospike engine, and make all RCS thrusters consume loads of EC. Some of us build gigantic planes and we need to pack lots of batteries (and even reactors now) for that RCS; bigger parts are draggier which means every single part; and moreover, some of us use this in upscaled solar systems where dV is much more precious than upholding stock rules.

I must sadly suggest that you roll your own performance patch or use engines from another mod.

That's totally fine. :) It was more or less feedback on some testing I did. I understand your logic for keeping it so powerful as I have built many large planes myself and see where your coming from. The tank and engine spamming does look hideous. I will continue to use this engine with the nerf i made because it looks and sounds fantastic. That being said, I look forward to the next update whatever it may be. This is in my top 3 favourite mods and I'm glad to see it's still being worked on. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JadeOfMaar Just noticed the Humpback cargo bay does not shield anything inside from drag whether the cargo bay is closed or open unlike the reversal problem that you recently corrected with the J and K bays. The J and K cargo and service bay is still working correctly so I'm assuming it's just an issue with the config of the Humpback cargo bay itself. Tried attaching to nodes and walls but still reports drag no matter what I try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.