K.Yeon

[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

Recommended Posts

Ok so i've installed the OPT pack via the Twitch launcher, but nothing shows ingame. Am i missing something here.

 

I don't see anywhere it saying it needs something else to be installed with it and tbh if it did then why is it not in the same files. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MacWHinny said:

Ok so i've installed the OPT pack via the Twitch launcher, but nothing shows ingame. Am i missing something here.

 

I don't see anywhere it saying it needs something else to be installed with it and tbh if it did then why is it not in the same files. 

if you aren't seeing it then the mod hasn't installed correctly. can you take a look at your Gamedata folder and see if you see a folder titled OPT please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes in the gamedata it has the files firespitter/OPT and module manager 2.8.

I've reinstalled it many times now but has not shown up ingame

 

Update: 

I found out what was happening. For some reason though i'm unsure if this is meant to happen or not but anyhoo, Twitch installs the files but not in the correct way. I had to take the files out of the file and put them into the Gamedata file. Did this for TAC Life Support too. But both are now working and i see them ingame

Edited by MacWHinny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought some of you might get a laugh out of this:

So I just unlocked the S.U.R.G.E in my career game, and deciding to be prudent, tested it out in my sandbox.  I'm glad I did, because I now have to mount a rescue mission for an AIRCRAFT that is stuck in ORBIT.  I was really surprised at just how much thrust it got in the upper atmosphere.  I did NOT expect it to shoot the thing all the way to Iota's orbit (GPP).  I especially didn't expect it to get an encounter with it, let alone get a small gravity boost that put it into orbit!  So here I am, looking at an aircraft with an atmosphere-only engine, in a stable, if very eccentric, orbit, holding two Kerbals, no supplies, and the only thing in the way of habitation (MKS-LS) is the cockpit.  Time to start planning the rescue craft...

A beauty shot and screenshot of the orbit:

Spoiler

97lkqd.png

2m7ah74.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Omegano said:

I thought some of you might get a laugh out of this:

So I just unlocked the S.U.R.G.E in my career game, and deciding to be prudent, tested it out in my sandbox.  I'm glad I did, because I now have to mount a rescue mission for an AIRCRAFT that is stuck in ORBIT.  I was really surprised at just how much thrust it got in the upper atmosphere.  I did NOT expect it to shoot the thing all the way to Iota's orbit (GPP).  I especially didn't expect it to get an encounter with it, let alone get a small gravity boost that put it into orbit!  So here I am, looking at an aircraft with an atmosphere-only engine, in a stable, if very eccentric, orbit, holding two Kerbals, no supplies, and the only thing in the way of habitation (MKS-LS) is the cockpit.  Time to start planning the rescue craft...

A beauty shot and screenshot of the orbit:

  Hide contents

97lkqd.png

2m7ah74.png

 

@JadeOfMaar you have claimed your first victims

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.

I could not find any link to a GitHub or similar bug report page so I will post this here:

The part "j_sas" defined in file "GameData\OPT\Parts\main\j_rcs.cfg" contain a redundant definition for Electric Charge. This cause a Warning to pop up in the log file:

[...]

[LOG 22:39:38.444] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT/Parts/main/j_rcs/j_sas'
[WRN 22:39:38.447] Part already contains resource 'ElectricCharge'

[...]

First definition is found at line 113,

RESOURCE
    {
        name=ElectricCharge
        amount=300
        maxAmount=300
    }

The second one at line 125,

RESOURCE
    {
        name=ElectricCharge
        amount=500
        maxAmount=500
    }

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Galenmacil said:

Hello.

I could not find any link to a GitHub or similar bug report page so I will post this here:

The part "j_sas" defined in file "GameData\OPT\Parts\main\j_rcs.cfg" contain a redundant definition for Electric Charge. This cause a Warning to pop up in the log file:

[...]

[LOG 22:39:38.444] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'OPT/Parts/main/j_rcs/j_sas'
[WRN 22:39:38.447] Part already contains resource 'ElectricCharge'

[...]

First definition is found at line 113,

RESOURCE
    {
        name=ElectricCharge
        amount=300
        maxAmount=300
    }

The second one at line 125,

RESOURCE
    {
        name=ElectricCharge
        amount=500
        maxAmount=500
    }

Delete the 2nd entry. @K.Yeon will sort it next release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 10:46 PM, Omegano said:

I thought some of you might get a laugh out of this:

So I just unlocked the S.U.R.G.E in my career game, and deciding to be prudent, tested it out in my sandbox.  I'm glad I did, because I now have to mount a rescue mission for an AIRCRAFT that is stuck in ORBIT.  I was really surprised at just how much thrust it got in the upper atmosphere.  I did NOT expect it to shoot the thing all the way to Iota's orbit (GPP).  I especially didn't expect it to get an encounter with it, let alone get a small gravity boost that put it into orbit!  So here I am, looking at an aircraft with an atmosphere-only engine, in a stable, if very eccentric, orbit, holding two Kerbals, no supplies, and the only thing in the way of habitation (MKS-LS) is the cockpit.  Time to start planning the rescue craft...

A beauty shot and screenshot of the orbit:

That is AWESOME!!  I have not played much with those engines yet... well I guess I know what I am doing this evening lol :P

I love rescue missions! you should tell us how it goes, with pics.

 

Edited by TheKurgan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2017 at 2:49 PM, stali79 said:

Delete the 2nd entry. @K.Yeon will sort it next release

Could this minor patch also be added to fix an error that appears in the log file for this mod:

In the agency file, there is a missing title property for each of the two agent modules listed. Most mod makers seem to be just adding the same value as the agent name.

AGENT
{
  name = OPT Aerospace Division
  title = OPT Aerospace Division
  
...<snipped other contents>...
}

AGENT
{
  name = OPT Propulsion Science Division
  title = OPT Propulsion Science Division
  
...<snipped other contents>...
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a bug on twitch automatic installation. It unpacks this addon under ./GameData/GameData/OPT where it should be only ./GameData/OPT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zalma said:

There is a bug on twitch automatic installation. It unpacks this addon under ./GameData/GameData/OPT where it should be only ./GameData/OPT

What on Earth....... is "Twitch Automatic Installation"? We (at least I) do not know of this, let alone provide support for it. :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zalma said:

There is a bug on twitch automatic installation. It unpacks this addon under ./GameData/GameData/OPT where it should be only ./GameData/OPT

This is an issue with curse/twitch. Nothing we can do about it.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

What on Earth....... is "Twitch Automatic Installation"? We (at least I) do not know of this, let alone provide support for it. :/ 

Its basically what the old curse client turned into. Basically another ckan... mod authors have to pack their mods a specific way for it to install correctly.

Edited by stali79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reporting another issue with repeated module definition in the following file: "OPT/Parts/main/i_5m_cockpit_ils.cfg"

The MODULE named ModuleLiftingSurface is defined once at line 56 then again, with different parameters, at line 118.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@K.Yeon Do you think it would be possible to add a K Inline Large Docking Port similar to the J Inline Large Docking Port?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed this for the first time recently and I want to say that I really like all the fuselage parts.  They look great, and they open up a lot of possibilities for large spaceplanes.  I'll have fun building things with these.

The engines seem a bit too powerful, and I've removed some of them as suggested in the OP.  But I really like the design of the mk2 turboramjet and J aerospike, so instead of deleting those two, I've patched them with MM (locally in my own KSP installation) to be less efficient, more like larger versions of the stock Whiplash and toroidal aerospike engines.  I plan to also reduce the Isp of the RCS ports.

BTW, I noticed that several of the DMagic Orbital Science parts appear in the "OPT" category in the VAB/SPH.  I don't know what the criteria is for a part to appear in that category, but I guess the filter is passing a few things that it shouldn't.  Not a big deal, but might be something to fix in a future release.

Anyway, thank you for this big set of parts in several useful new form factors.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, I notice that on all the OPT parts with switchable fuel tanks, there are two LFO tank setups, one with half the capacity of the other.  For example, the first entry in OPT_FS.cfg has the lines:

resourceNames=Structural;LiquidFuel;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer,MonoPropellant
resourceAmounts=0;288;144,176;72,88;100.8,123.2,43.2

There are two "LiquidFuel,Oxidizer" entries, one with 144 LF and 176 Ox, and the other with 72 LF and 88 Ox.

Is this intentional?  It's not clear when I'd want to use the half-size LFO tank setup (as opposed to using the full-sized one and just filling the tank to 50%).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

BTW, I notice that on all the OPT parts with switchable fuel tanks, there are two LFO tank setups, one with half the capacity of the other.  For example, the first entry in OPT_FS.cfg has the lines:


resourceNames=Structural;LiquidFuel;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer,MonoPropellant
resourceAmounts=0;288;144,176;72,88;100.8,123.2,43.2

There are two "LiquidFuel,Oxidizer" entries, one with 144 LF and 176 Ox, and the other with 72 LF and 88 Ox.

Is this intentional?  It's not clear when I'd want to use the half-size LFO tank setup (as opposed to using the full-sized one and just filling the tank to 50%).

The half-size fuel tanks have always been an potion for the OPT parts.

I guess it's for missions where it would be better to have a lighter vessel than a bigger fuel tank, especially if such a mission requires in situ refueling. It's a little easier to fill the half-size fuel tanks to full than it would be to fill the full-size fuel tanks exactly halfway (as opposed to a little more than half, or a little less than half)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I like this combination better for closed cycle. What say you?

jzCopXw.jpg

It looks really nice!  What engines are you using as I can't tell what they are from looking at them.

 

Also is the S.U.R.G.E engine in the legacy pack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

It looks really nice!  What engines are you using as I can't tell what they are from looking at them.

 

Also is the S.U.R.G.E engine in the legacy pack?

The engines in the screenshot are the J-81 Nacelle and the J-60D dual-mode ScreamJet.

The S.U.R.G.E. (and S.A.G.E.) are in Legacy, yes.

S.U.R.G.E. on the left, J-60D on the right.

lVNnBkY.jpg

And here's the S.A.G.E. (It performs just fine on Duna, as the S.U.R.G.E. is just fine on Eve.)

MdChthN.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The engines in the screenshot are the J-81 Nacelle and the J-60D dual-mode ScreamJet.

The S.U.R.G.E. (and S.A.G.E.) are in Legacy, yes.

S.U.R.G.E. on the left, J-60D on the right.

lVNnBkY.jpg

And here's the S.A.G.E. (It performs just fine on Duna, as the S.U.R.G.E. is just fine on Eve.)

MdChthN.jpg

Man those legacy engines are gorgeous!  And their performance rocks!  I do hope they make a return at some point in the main pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, captinjoehenry said:

Man those legacy engines are gorgeous!  And their performance rocks!  I do hope they make a return at some point in the main pack.

Heh. :D All OPT's engines are gorgeous, but I must tell you they will not return to the main pack. The "other" Mk2 engines on the Duna plane are the new HAE-02 which directly replaces the J-61 (from which I made the S.A.G.E.)

Alongside the HAE-02, K. Yeon proposed an alternate model which was also short but had twin nozzles like the J-60 and S.U.R.G.E. and which may have directly replaced the J-60.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.