[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Still my planes using FAR and OPT explode. Even when I disabled the Structural failures due to aerodynamic stress. The plane choice was to totally disintegrate when I turned on the OPT Engine. Here the log please:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/65797etjd5eungf/output_log_ksp_opt.txt?dl=0

extreme amount of NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object it says about FAR. The lack of OPT Engine and everything works fine... The null exceptions of mumech are from thermalnuclear engines of other mod. Any clues ?

I'll take a look at it and see what those are all about

Amazing mod you made here, if you were to fill out the part list, more cargo bays and tank sizes for the IJK frames this would be the best aircraft mod by far. It's already claimed it's spot as a permanent mod on my game along with the USI collection.

Also maybe 2.5m lifting bodies to go along with the shuttle cockpits? Much less needed but that would make my life so much better lol

You can't fix it. It's because the internal only has 2 seats set up. It has to be fixed in the mod itself

I just realized that I explained myself poorly. I wasn't talking about the inside of the cockpit but the game in general. What I mean is that in a cockpit with 5 kerbals, I can only see two. I can't use the others, I can't select them, I can't see them on the tiny window at the bottom. I can only use/see 2 of them.

It wasn't like this before, since I installed many mods something went wrong. How can I fix this?

I just realized that I explained myself poorly. I wasn't talking about the inside of the cockpit but the game in general. What I mean is that in a cockpit with 5 kerbals, I can only see two. I can't use the others, I can't select them, I can't see them on the tiny window at the bottom. I can only use/see 2 of them.

It wasn't like this before, since I installed many mods something went wrong. How can I fix this?

No, I did understand that you don't see the tiny pictures. (portraits)

The problem exists because the part's internal only has TWO seats. The Kerbals views you see are limited to the number of seats because the cameras that render those tiny windows are linked to the seats. No seats, no cameras. No cameras, no Kerbals. Or rather, the Kerbals are there but they have no portraits.

You can still use the hatch to EVA them or to transfer them.

KottabosGames just did a preview of this mod, for anyone interested:

wow thats a very detailed review, i really liked it xD i hope he is willing to do another one once the next update is done haha!

WIP update>

â–¼I been working on improving the cockpit models so they would provide better IVA views, heres also a new concept cockpit that probably will replace the ils cockpit since their function and seating is almost identical, but will give much better views,

it might not be the best looking cockpit at first glance but i really like it!! (isp cockpit next to it for comparison). I call it phoenix because thats what it reminds me of

Kp0sSR4.png

â–¼Also the k cockpit is done, heres what it looks like in game: (it might look small because the engines and wings are tweakscaled up, this craft is actually pretty big!)

jhTVv65.png

â–¼The tail cargo has been altered to have mk2 nodes on both sides:

CSSTiuZ.png

Currently progress on parts models are nearly complete, but theres the IVA models to be done. I have always been slacking at the IVAs, so this time im going to complete them properly..

thats all thanks!

Hello, i would like to know if it's possible to add a J-shape Bomb Bay in a future update. I currently play with some weapons mod and i made a pretty cool bomber but without that hypothetical-part, i have to place all my load under fusselage.

how is that thing flying with no control surfaces on the wings...?

They're there, look again, lol! I thought the same thing at first glance too, but in the first pic (of the K cargo plane) you can see one slightly deflected upward on the left (your right) wing, and in the side view they're in the shadow, and they just happened to line up perfectly with the fuselage, but they're there. Plus, the tail planes have built in control surfaces as well. :)

@K.Yeon, wow, that new Phoenix cockpit is pretty far out... It actually looks like a Dolphin to me. :) My only request is to not REPLACE older parts like this, ones that have 'standard' cross sections I mean, like 2.5 meters, etc., just ADD new parts to the inventory. That way, we can decide for ourselves what we want to keep or discard. Of course, since you're re-doing both the J and K parts, giving them all new cross sections, that's different. But again, I feel that some of the older parts still have merit, so I'd still like to see a 'legacy' parts category in your inventory, maybe changing the designations of the older parts to something different, perhaps "J-X" and "K-X", for example, to avoid conflicts with the new stuff? The reason is simply that I like pretty much everything you've ever done, and I'd like to have most of it in my game if at all possible, that's all. :)

Later everyone! K.Yeon, keep up the fantastic work, as always I look forward to what's next from OPT!

:D

â–¼Also the k cockpit is done, heres what it looks like in game: (it might look small because the engines and wings are tweakscaled up, this craft is actually pretty big!)

jhTVv65.png

Wow! That's exactly what I was hoping for from a large cargo transport! Much better looking than the MK4 profile imo. That frontage looks far better than your original concept.

Edit: Is it me or does the texture filtering look off compared to the stock parts. If you compare them in the second and third images there's a lot of aliasing on the OPT parts compared to stock. Of course the image resolution doesn't help matters, but I don't think that's the cause.

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

First of all, I still think it's very unfortunate that the extendable docking port in the K cockpit doesn't work correctly.

In most cases the developers have created a part in same shape as the craft (f.e. the MK2).

I'd like to make a suggestion on a different kind of extendable docking port. To describe it very simple: a block where the docking port comes out of the top. The extending port consists of three or four telescopic segments which will span about 4 times the length of a Kerbal. The block has one node which can be attached internally in the existing bays. This would remove the need to create a special bodypart for the J and K series (and whatever sizes may follow).

The size of the block should be such that it will also fit in a MK3 and a MK4. It might even be usefull to use externally for docking..

Great work i love the what you've done with the remodeling, lately i've been messing around with Interstellar and OPT trying to make a spaceship that could go to Eve and back and i've really felt the need of a bulge in order to fit bigger reactors and i can't wait to have it.

And i was wondering since you are working on the cockpits if you could add nose docking ports, For example The K and J cockpit would fit a nose docking port perfectly something like in the Dream Chaser mod http://imgur.com/a/gd8Sp#4 or the MKIV Spaceplanes mod, it would have been realy helpful to be able to make a 2 part ship and add for example an warp drive or an extra fuel tank to take me to Eve, leave in in orbit, then come back connect it and go back to kerbin, i've tried doing something like this a long time ago using the I-J connector in the back http://i.imgur.com/jQm5Xzq.jpg http://i.imgur.com/V4bc6om.jpg and i've thought about doing something similar to that but i really need the extra engines in order to escape Eve so the only option would be to attach it to the front of the ship.

Also some more engine mount types for the K model would be great something like the J-Engine mount but for the K model. In order to achive the maximum power i have to connect the engines directly to the reactor and it looks much better to have 4 small engines + their individual reactor and/or generator then 1 or 2 big engines reactors and/or generators sticking at the back of the ship. Here is one of the prototypes that i've made:

Version 1 with each engine having its own generator: http://i.imgur.com/2gOPrO7.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wmXrVKW.png

Version 2 with a single generator in the cargo bay (you can see part of it sticking through the cargo bay even tho i've resied it to 2.400m): http://i.imgur.com/RBbRF2u.jpg http://i.imgur.com/1PGMbJB.jpg

It has from 2.5 TWR and ~ 11000 deltaV up to 6.0 TWR and ~ 4500 deltaV (on kerbin), it can also use just intake atmo and i intend to use atmospheric scoop to refuel (It uses LqdCO2 wich is present in proportion of 62% in Eve's atmosphere)

I know modding takes alot of time and i don't expect to see those things in the first update, just something to keep in mind. Keep up the good work

Edited by silviu609

At this it's my fervent hope that K.Yeon doesn't get talked into adding anything more into the mod until he has released what he has completed so far. The more people ask for the longer things are going to take. I don't know about you guys but I would really like to get my hands on what he already shown us.

Wow! That's exactly what I was hoping for from a large cargo transport! Much better looking than the MK4 profile imo. That frontage looks far better than your original concept.

Edit: Is it me or does the texture filtering look off compared to the stock parts. If you compare them in the second and third images there's a lot of aliasing on the OPT parts compared to stock. Of course the image resolution doesn't help matters, but I don't think that's the cause.

I must agree that I realy like the look of it.

But if you want to compare with the mk4, you must not forget that in term of fonctionality and polish the mk4 is hard to beat. The adjustable ramp, The cargo top and bottom doors, plus the lovely 3 doors cargo section.

Ps to K.Yeon:

In the current version, kerbal cannot stand up and walk in the cargo bay and on top of cockpit. Kerbal just float over it.

â–¼The tail cargo has been altered to have mk2 nodes on both sides:

http://i.imgur.com/CSSTiuZ.png

Currently progress on parts models are nearly complete, but theres the IVA models to be done. I have always been slacking at the IVAs, so this time im going to complete them properly..

thats all thanks!

Wow, we have to thank you instead for the impassioned work you've done! I'm looking forward for your next release to craft my galaxy class space ship and conquer the kerbal system! :-)

Kudos

Spawn