[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

2 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

Getting the texture itself just requires a bit of Photoshop skill, I can do that, that is the least problem. But all of it would be pointless if the animation to switch is part of the mu file

I honestly don't know.

11 minutes ago, lude said:

in what version was that?

1.4 or 1.5

Would you please release a stable version of the parts you know are good to go? I know your doing gods work and a great job at it. I might just have the wrong copy I have J, K, A, and B types and the menus are realy messed up. For testing purposes the J type all seams stable (Even the docking). Thank you all

2 hours ago, Steel Dragon said:

Would you please release a stable version of the parts you know are good to go? I know your doing gods work and a great job at it. I might just have the wrong copy I have J, K, A, and B types and the menus are realy messed up. For testing purposes the J type all seams stable (Even the docking). Thank you all

I can't do any testing in 1.1.0 at the moment because I don't have the required plugins to make OPT work under that (Firespitter and ModuleManager); and some of the stuff I really like to use like Adjustable Landing Gear is "known bad" at the moment. So I've been testing in 1.05, and *most* things I can make work, work. Since the latest release of OPT was an incomplete test version, and the author is unavailable, OPT parts are very much "try as best you can to get it running by editing the config and then share the results with the rest of us" at the moment. 

1 hour ago, gilflo said:

Where is the OPT J61 MK2 engine gone in last version???

A lot of my SSTO use it!  Do I have to rebuild all of them ??

Shame!

The OPT J61 Advanced Turboramjet (the short Mk2 engine) is in the package I posted, and works in 1.0.5. Not sure how well it works in 1.1.0 or above though, haven't tested it at all due to how much else is still broken in that. 

The pack also includes the OPT J60 Screamjet, which is essentially the same engine config in a bigger package with some fuel. 

Anyway, regarding some of the issues pointed out earlier:

The Mk3 shuttle nose that isn't working as a cockpit: Apparently this part has the wrong model, and is not supposed to be an actual cockpit. I *think* I've seen the actual model in a video review someplace, but I don't have that version so I can't fix it right now. 

Also, I think I can solve a bunch of issues with the parts by redoing all the configs, but chances are I'll break all existing craft if I try that. 

While I was doing a small bit of building earlier, I discovered that K.Yeon apparently changed the window style on the J series parts between 1.8 Test and 1.8 Test 4.01, which may be why the inline docking port wasn't included - the windows don't match. I may simply just add the earlier J-series part back on top of what's already in there, using different part names. The cross sections are identical, it's just the windows that are different.

At any rate, that's an issue for tomorrow I think. 

4 hours ago, darkracer125 said:

dude how do i unsubscribe from this.   my inbox is being spammed. 

stop talking

on the top of the page there will be a tab that says following, once you click it, it will give you options where you can change the frequency of emails from every message, every day, and every week.  You can also unsub there.

8 hours ago, gilflo said:

Where is the OPT J61 MK2 engine gone in last version???

A lot of my SSTO use it!  Do I have to rebuild all of them ??

Shame!

Its there dude, I use them in 1.1.2

5 hours ago, darkracer125 said:

dude how do i unsubscribe from this.   my inbox is being spammed. 

stop talking

Sowwwwwwwwy

9 hours ago, Winchester said:

I can't do any testing in 1.1.0 at the moment because I don't have the required plugins to make OPT work under that (Firespitter and ModuleManager); and some of the stuff I really like to use like Adjustable Landing Gear is "known bad" at the moment. So I've been testing in 1.05, and *most* things I can make work, work. Since the latest release of OPT was an incomplete test version, and the author is unavailable, OPT parts are very much "try as best you can to get it running by editing the config and then share the results with the rest of us" at the moment. 

The OPT J61 Advanced Turboramjet (the short Mk2 engine) is in the package I posted, and works in 1.0.5. Not sure how well it works in 1.1.0 or above though, haven't tested it at all due to how much else is still broken in that. 

The pack also includes the OPT J60 Screamjet, which is essentially the same engine config in a bigger package with some fuel. 

Anyway, regarding some of the issues pointed out earlier:

The Mk3 shuttle nose that isn't working as a cockpit: Apparently this part has the wrong model, and is not supposed to be an actual cockpit. I *think* I've seen the actual model in a video review someplace, but I don't have that version so I can't fix it right now. 

Also, I think I can solve a bunch of issues with the parts by redoing all the configs, but chances are I'll break all existing craft if I try that. 

While I was doing a small bit of building earlier, I discovered that K.Yeon apparently changed the window style on the J series parts between 1.8 Test and 1.8 Test 4.01, which may be why the inline docking port wasn't included - the windows don't match. I may simply just add the earlier J-series part back on top of what's already in there, using different part names. The cross sections are identical, it's just the windows that are different.

At any rate, that's an issue for tomorrow I think. 

Thank you Winchester but where can we download your package?

I imported the version 1.8 released test 4 folder in 1.1.2 and some of my SSTO equipped with OPT J61 engines or OPT cockpit and B9 procedural wings from 1.0.5. Before that I removed all the gears that were from "adjustable landing gears". I copied the OPT J61 engine directly in the OPT folder.

I tried one SSTO with Vulture cockpit and J61 engines, equipped with stock gear (very hard to align...and not very well aligned...). It looks like it flies quite well, though it will flip in high altitude and mach, but I did not have the RCS build help to balance it.

As far as i can try, OPT engines work and Cockpit work. But my B9 wings are all black

16 minutes ago, gilflo said:

Thank you Winchester but where can we download your package?

I imported the version 1.8 released test 4 folder in 1.1.2 and some of my SSTO equipped with OPT J61 engines or OPT cockpit and B9 procedural wings from 1.0.5. Before that I removed all the gears that were from "adjustable landing gears". I copied the OPT J61 engine directly in the OPT folder.

I tried one SSTO with Vulture cockpit and J61 engines, equipped with stock gear (very hard to align...and not very well aligned...). It looks like it flies quite well, though it will flip in high altitude and mach, but I did not have the RCS build help to balance it.

As far as i can try, OPT engines work and Cockpit work. But my B9 wings are all black

You can find the download in this post:

Copy-pasting simple parts is usually okay, but B9 PWings has its own plugin, so it's to be expected that it has problems. It has been updated to 1.1, there are 2 community-maintained forks (both available in CKAN), so try it with those.

On 4/30/2016 at 8:10 AM, Steel Dragon said:

So having an issue I cant seam to figure out what is causing it. When I use the OPT cockpits specifically the J type, as soon as I launch the cockpit launches off the plane and the entire thing explodes. This only happens with the landing gear attached, with no gear the ship is fine. I do not have any moded landing gear only the stock 1.1.1. Please help

Do you also have the ramp tail sections? If so try replacing with a non-ramp tail. I've had problems with those launching off the runway. I suspect it's a collider issue in 1.1

23 hours ago, Steel Dragon said:

If you have J, K, A and B, then you should be running the latest version I put up. (there should also be an "L" in there).

Can you make a list of which menus are messed up?

Also, explosions on the runway don't seem to be a problem with the OPT parts, but with the landing gear in general in 1.1.x, as Squad rewrote the .dll for how wheels work but apparently didn't update their own parts. Hence "boom". 

The landing gear issue is partially why I have been resisting trying to make things work in 1.1, because without working landing gear spaceplanes are kind of pointless. 

It is not the OPT parts. Best I can tell there all working as intended (just all over the place in the menus). Other than some organizing and cleaning of the menus the OPT stuff is great.

The random explosions and crashes in SPH are from the unity game engine not KSP alone

31 minutes ago, Winchester said:

If you have J, K, A and B, then you should be running the latest version I put up. (there should also be an "L" in there).

Can you make a list of which menus are messed up?

Also, explosions on the runway don't seem to be a problem with the OPT parts, but with the landing gear in general in 1.1.x, as Squad rewrote the .dll for how wheels work but apparently didn't update their own parts. Hence "boom". 

The landing gear issue is partially why I have been resisting trying to make things work in 1.1, because without working landing gear spaceplanes are kind of pointless. 

If you sort by cross section:
J-Type Good
K-Type is a mess it has other parts in it
Both A and B Types have duplicate folders

These was on a clean install of KSP 1.1.2 with only the OPT parts loaded

4 minutes ago, Steel Dragon said:

It is not the OPT parts. Best I can tell there all working as intended (just all over the place in the menus). Other than some organizing and cleaning of the menus the OPT stuff is great.

The random explosions and crashes in SPH are from the unity game engine not KSP alone

If you sort by cross section:
J-Type Good
K-Type is a mess it has other parts in it
Both A and B Types have duplicate folders

These was on a clean install of KSP 1.1.2 with only the OPT parts loaded

Ah, you're referring to the "sort by cross section" menus. Yeah, those are a bit messy.

I'm working on fixing the menus, but for anyone who wants to do it faster for themselves, here's how you do it:

Each part is defined by two main files - the .mu file, which contains the unity 3D model, and the .cfg file, which tells KSP how to load the model, and what its attributes are.

In *most* (not all, because some of the .cfg files are really old) of the .cfg files there is a line that reads

bulkheadProfiles=*something*

The *something* in this case tells KSP which fuselage cross section to sort things under.

K.Yeon basically just named his bulkheadProfiles i, j and k, no capitals and nothing extra. Problem with that is that apparently the sorting is not exclusive, so in the k folder you end up with anything that contains a k, like Mk2 or Mk3. Not all that great.

I've been trying to rename the bulkheadProfiles to "OPT A", "OPT B", "OPT J" etc, but I'm not really done with it yet. There also appears to be some weirdness with how the old fuselage parts are named. I'll have to go through the Squad folder to find out how to make a definition file for the fuselage profile, then maybe we can get proper icons for them as well (like K.Yeon managed to do for the manufacturer tab).

In the mean time, the parts should at least all be listed under the manufacturer (I know all the engines except the J-type Linear Aerospike show up under OPT Propulsion Science Division, the remaining engine is under OPT Aerospace Division). 

The easiest way of fixing these things is to open up the CFG file for the affected parts in Wordpad (notepad works too, but some of the files don't have proper linebreaks in notepad until opened and saved once in Wordpad) and changing the value of bulkheadProfiles. You can put multiple values on the line (for example for adapters like the J/K and I/J adapters) by separating them with commas. 

8 minutes ago, Winchester said:

I've been trying to rename the bulkheadProfiles to "OPT A", "OPT B", "OPT J" etc, but I'm not really done with it yet.

You should probably not use spaces in the names, since KSP can be a little finicky about such things -- calling it something like "optA" will do (the default system will say "Opt A", which looks alright, and then I can define some configs and icons for them for Filter Extensions).

4 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

You should probably not use spaces in the names, since KSP can be a little finicky about such things -- calling it something like "optA" will do (the default system will say "Opt A", which looks alright, and then I can define some configs and icons for them for Filter Extensions).

Thanks for this information, I really needed that! If you could make the icons and the configs, that would be awesome!

Also, I'm going to be using your naming scheme:

optA = Old (1.6.9) K-series with the Avatar shuttle cockpit

optB = Old (1.6.9) J-series (NOTE: I still need someone to post 1.7 for me at some point, as I believe there are parts in there that weren't in 1.6.9)

optI = I-series/2.5 m

optJ = New (1.8) J-series

optK = Latest (1.8 Test 4.01) K-series

optL = "fat" (1.8 Test 1) K-series

Will probably not release a new download tonight.

Also, a quick question: Currently there are three engines in the package with the exact same engine performance - both of the Mk2 engines, and the 2.5 meter engine. Should I incorporate the config file that someone wrote earlier for turning one of the Mk2 engines into a RAPIER-clone? And if so, which one, the longer, fatter engine or the short one? Or should I just make one that uses the same model but with different performance?

I have a copy of the 1.7 file just have to figure out how to upload it lol

Never mind the curse site still has 1.7 up

http://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/225018-opt-space-plane-parts-v1-7

As to your engine question I would say convert the longer fatter into the rapier. This makes since as it is a duel fuel it would take more space for the extra parts. Also I love the idea of the rapier engine for mk2. The Quiztech parts pack had a great rapier mk2 engine (along with some other great mk2 parts)

Edited by Steel Dragon
update

2 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

It might be better to just use "size2" for the I cockpits, like stock does.

Actually, I went with "bulkheadProfiles = optI, size2" for all the cockpits, and just "optI" for the adapter parts. All done editing the configs for now, loaded up 1.1.2 and the parts finally sort properly. For some reason I still have an "i" category though, which looks like it contains *everything* (probably just anything with an "i" in it, like all of the sizeX parts). Maybe a cache issue? None of the parts in the OPT folder has a "bulkheadProfiles=i" anymore. 

12 minutes ago, Steel Dragon said:

I have a copy of the 1.7 file just have to figure out how to upload it lol

Never mind the curse site still has 1.7 up

http://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/225018-opt-space-plane-parts-v1-7

As to your engine question I would say convert the longer fatter into the rapier. This makes since as it is a duel fuel it would take more space for the extra parts. Also I love the idea of the rapier engine for mk2. The Quiztech parts pack had a great rapier mk2 engine (along with some other great mk2 parts)

Thanks, have downloaded it now. Will take a look in a little bit.