[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Just now, stali79 said:

then that is your problem the one in THAT official release is for 1.0, you need to update to the latest firespitter.

I'll do that. Thank you for the quick answers!

//sets up these parts to be handled by the main patch file (mk2_KSPI_fuel_tanks.cfg)

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]|@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!RESOURCE[ElectricCharge],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],#author[K.Yeon]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:FIRST
{
    OPTRsave = #$/RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$
    @OPTRsave += #$/RESOURCE[Oxidizer]/maxAmount$
    !RESOURCE[Oxidizer]{}
    amIforIFS = TRUE
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#amIforIFS[TRUE]]:AFTER[OPT]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]{}
    !MODULE[FSmeshSwitch],*{}
    !MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],*{}
    %RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        %amount = #$/../OPTRsave$
        %maxAmount = #$/../OPTRsave$
    }
}

this does nice stuff to all the OPT parts but I think fueltanksplus integration would be more awesome now that I think of it

all thanks go to the dude of starlionindustries/mk2 KSPI integration

so what is the most current project state?

I wanted to have a look at newer FAR integration and already updated the control surfaces but not with accurate data for that I need to install blender, if someone here has blender I'd be up to share the work load for proper FAR integration.

Edited by lude

On ‎29‎.‎04‎.‎2016 at 8:51 AM, Gryphorim said:

1274OTy.png

Nice collection of SSTOs, are the wings complete OPT, in parts it looks like B9 Procedural Wings.

On 5/8/2016 at 7:34 AM, Alewx said:

Nice collection of SSTOs, are the wings complete OPT, in parts it looks like B9 Procedural Wings.

Wings are all OPT and stock. I don't have any procedural parts.

17 hours ago, Andem said:

I'm completely lost at this point. Does anyone have a current download in a .zip format? Maybe upload it to spacedock?

DL is on the top of the previous page. But I completely agree about SpaceDock.

1 hour ago, Fe301 said:

How can i get the legacy parts? the download links don't work for me, anyone have another one?

There is no official support for OPT until the original mod author returns to either maintain and improve this mod, or give his blessing for someone else to do so in his place. Due to IRL engagements, the former cannot happen before this November; read the previous few pages for details.

In the meantime, there is a community-maintained unofficial version which has nearly all parts of the various official releases of OPT (except landing gear), with various minor changes made to some of the parts' names and/or config files so that they can all work together:

On 5/1/2016 at 4:22 PM, Winchester said:

---------

2 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

Could the archives please be made into something generic like rar or zip? I'm not installing 7zip just for this file.

The file can be opened with WinRAR, and almost certainly with any other program that opens .rar and .zip files. You shouldn't need to download anything you don't already have in order to open it.

I've caught two typos: the OPT B EngineMount (OPT/Parts/b_fuselage/b_4m_EM.cfg) has a "b_fuselag" in its MODEL path when it should be "b_fuselage", causing that part to fail to load.  Likewise, the b_4m_lab has "b_fusleage", which should be "b_fuselage".

37 minutes ago, siliconworm said:

I have a problem with the fuel fuselage -- why doesn't it have any fuel?  When I right click on it in SPH, there's no option for fuel allocation either.

Do you have FireSpitter or InterstellarFuelSwitch installed? One or the other is required as the parts use fuel switching by default. (Otherwise, they are empty structural parts.) I don't recall off hand if FS or IFS is preferred versus the other. (I have my own jury-rigged collection of the various mod versions. I'm still on 1.0.5 until 1.1.x fully stabilizes and while I wait for a bunch of mods I use to get updated.)

For anyone asking about the older legacy parts, check the Curseforge page for the mod. @K.Yeon apparently was using Curse for a bit, so there are several versions of the mod still archived there.

12 minutes ago, StahnAileron said:

Do you have FireSpitter or InterstellarFuelSwitch installed? One or the other is required as the parts use fuel switching by default. (Otherwise, they are empty structural parts.) I don't recall off hand if FS or IFS is preferred versus the other. (I have my own jury-rigged collection of the various mod versions. I'm still on 1.0.5 until 1.1.x fully stabilizes and while I wait for a bunch of mods I use to get updated.)

For anyone asking about the older legacy parts, check the Curseforge page for the mod. @K.Yeon apparently was using Curse for a bit, so there are several versions of the mod still archived there.

Dont bother with the legacy packs. They have been incorporated into the community maintennance pack. The link will be within the last couple of pages.

17 minutes ago, siliconworm said:

But I have new problem with the mod. When I want my Kerbals to exit the K-space shuttle cockpit, why does it say the door is obstructed? My next section after the cockpit is just the fuel fuselage, and is that obstructing the door?

RtVH4Cb.png

Seems to be working for me. try it on land with wheels deployed

@Winchester, is there a way to make the J and B parts able to be attached on the sides? if you take a look at the last image I posted you can see down the sides what I did with the mk2 parts, can we make the J and B parts do that?

21 hours ago, King Something said:

The file can be opened with WinRAR, and almost certainly with any other program that opens .rar and .zip files. You shouldn't need to download anything you don't already have in order to open it.

WinRAR only gives errors and when I look inside there is only another 7z file inside, and that is empty. So no, winrar does not handle 7z.

9 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

WinRAR only gives errors and when I look inside there is only another 7z file inside, and that is empty. So no, winrar does not handle 7z.

Redownload it. I extracted it fine with winrar and if it is nesting like that it sounds like the download could be corrupted.