[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

On 04/05/2016 at 3:20 PM, lude said:

this does nice stuff to all the OPT parts but I think fueltanksplus integration would be more awesome now that I think of it

all thanks go to the dude of starlionindustries/mk2 KSPI integration

so what is the most current project state?

I wanted to have a look at newer FAR integration and already updated the control surfaces but not with accurate data for that I need to install blender, if someone here has blender I'd be up to share the work load for proper FAR integration.

Can anyone tell me EXACTLY WHAT i have to do please? i'm already paste the interstellar fuel swith but no fuel and i don't know how to fix this =x

On 5/13/2016 at 3:00 AM, stali79 said:

I have messaged @K.Yeon to let him know what @Winchester and I have done (mind you all I did was source a couple of older versions) and asked him if its ok for us to maintain it in the sense of keeping it up to date as well as post it on Spacedock, I also asked if he has access to any of his pre 1.6 Versions that he might let us have.

This may have been answered already, but if you need any earlier versions just grab them from the kerbalstuff torrent. I have copies going back to 1.3 sitting in front of me. The big question is how you handled the switch from 1.7.9 to 1.80 (or whatever the last two versions were when he made the massive jarring switch). Either way, glad to see this get some attention.:)

---edit---

Ah, it looks  like you just went with the 1.8 experimental version.

Edited by Deimos Rast

1 minute ago, Ohm Machre said:

So I don't have any fuel in my structural pieces. I've seen the solution posted before, but I have IFS 2.0.1. Do I need to go up to 2.0.6?

I took a quick look at the config and it looks like this actually uses Firespitter to switch around fuel by default, not IFS. So unless someone here posted a patch for that...no joy.

1 minute ago, Deimos Rast said:

I took a quick look at the config and it looks like this actually uses Firespitter to switch around fuel by default, not IFS. So unless someone here posted a patch for that...no joy.

Ah, dang. I think I have some basic Firespitter stuff installed from another mod, but not the full release.

Just now, Ohm Machre said:

Ah, dang. I think I have some basic Firespitter stuff installed from another mod, but not the full release.

RoverDude has recently updated it, you can just grab the plugin from it and you should be fine (if you don't want all the parts and such).

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

This may have been answered already, but if you need any earlier versions just grab them from the kerbalstuff torrent. I have copies going back to 1.3 sitting in front of me. The big question is how you handled the switch from 1.7.9 to 1.80 (or whatever the last two versions were when he made the massive jarring switch). Either way, glad to see this get some attention.:)

---edit---

Ah, it looks  like you just went with the 1.8 experimental version.

Duuuuuude meeesa wanting those old versions :P any way i can get a copy so i can see what i can roll into the next update?

1 hour ago, Ohm Machre said:

So I don't have any fuel in my structural pieces. I've seen the solution posted before, but I have IFS 2.0.1. Do I need to go up to 2.0.6?

Not every part has been confirmed 100% functional but yes you need firespitter.

1 minute ago, stali79 said:

Not every part has been confirmed 100% functional but yes you need firespitter.

Thank you, the latest Firespitter.dll works. Intriguingly, I had a craft that I was experimenting building that decided to no longer let me right click ANY part.

If you encounter that, just switch scenes (leave the SPH/VAB and re-enter).

5 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Hello, just wanted to ask if this mod was compatible with the most recent ksp update? Has the developer stopped working on the mod completely? Thank you!

It's largely compatible if you are using the latest link within the last couple of pages. There may still be bugs floating around, so be wary of that.

20 minutes ago, Ohm Machre said:

It's largely compatible if you are using the latest link within the last couple of pages. There may still be bugs floating around, so be wary of that.

Ignore links on recent pages. Go straight to spacedock.

26 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Hello, just wanted to ask if this mod was compatible with the most recent ksp update? Has the developer stopped working on the mod completely? Thank you!

Yes it is compatible with 1.1.2, i am still ironing out bugs and rolling in old parts. Active development is halted until september when K.Yeon returns from his overseas work. I am just keeping it functioning until then.

1 hour ago, Kelvin said:

It's generally compatible, so long as your plugins (eg Firespitter) are up to date. K.Yeon should be returning this autumn and will probably make new parts and/or remake old parts for OPT.

In the meantime, the community-maintained version of OPT (most of the parts from OPT v1.6.x, v1.7 and v1.8, excluding landing gear) is on Spacedock:

http://spacedock.info/mod/711/Orbit%20Portal%20Technology%20%5BOPT%5D%20Spaceplane%20Parts

9 hours ago, Ohm Machre said:

Thank you, the latest Firespitter.dll works. Intriguingly, I had a craft that I was experimenting building that decided to no longer let me right click ANY part.

If you encounter that, just switch scenes (leave the SPH/VAB and re-enter).

It's not helping me at all, but when I remove TACFuelBalancer - right click works fine.

2 hours ago, TheTaleteller said:

Hi there I am not sure if its any help, but I got Blender with the MU importer working on my system. This is a converted J cockpit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux713pt540it73k/j_7m_cockpit.blend?dl=0

However, i am no modeller at all, but if its any help I like to convert all existing models to blend format that way.

Not needed at this stage, currently I am only maintaining the mod and rolling in older parts from earlier packs.

4 hours ago, Caullerd said:

I've found that OPT K Fuel Tank 6m actually never reacts to right click at all, I can't use it.

works fine for me, just tested it. is your IFS and FS up to date?

Some new goodies coming in the next update (1.8.1.2) Thanks to @Deimos Rast I now have versions 1.3, 1.4,1.4.9,1.4.9Repack,1.5, 1.6 and 1.6.9.1 so am sorting the parts and working out which to add, but i promise you that the old pod style engines are making a return, just need to rebalance them and the MK3 Shuttle nose will have its correct model again.

On a secondary not having an issue which could be an obvious fix, where I put on the latest ARIE engines on my test craft in the SPH but the second I am on the runway they revert models back to the old 2 part ARIEs....... The other issue is I am seeing an overlay of the J cockpit interior in the SPH without any part loaded for it, and flight mode has NO IVA's.

Edited by stali79

17 hours ago, Verayon said:

Can anyone tell me EXACTLY WHAT i have to do please? i'm already paste the interstellar fuel swith but no fuel and i don't know how to fix this =x

Is your IFS and FS up to date?

14 hours ago, stali79 said:

Ignore links on recent pages. Go straight to spacedock.

Yes it is compatible with 1.1.2, i am still ironing out bugs and rolling in old parts. Active development is halted until september when K.Yeon returns from his overseas work. I am just keeping it functioning until then.

great, thanks for keeping it functional!

4 hours ago, Kelvin said:

One more question, do i need "firespitter" in order to run this mod correctly?

Yes, it is used to both fuel switch and mesh switch.

@stali79 did you remove firespitter and IFS from your download? I didn't see them from the spacedock zip and the OP still mentions that they're bundled, which is probably what's causing all this confusion. (Looks like kyeon just updated the op actually, cool).

Going forward (and I say this with no development experience), you could probably just do a patch the looks for either one of the two to use, since I think in this case I think they both do the same thing (I don't recall OPT having propeller engines for example).

4 hours ago, 123nick said:

hey the download on spacedock is the most recent one and the one i should use for use with 1.1.2, yes?

Yes (it does say version Game Version 1.1.2 and the changelog shows it is version Version 1.8.1.1 released 2 days ago).

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

Yes, it is used to both fuel switch and mesh switch.

@stali79 did you remove firespitter and IFS from your download? I didn't see them from the spacedock zip and the OP still mentions that they're bundled, which is probably what's causing all this confusion. (Looks like kyeon just updated the op actually, cool).

Going forward (and I say this with no development experience), you could probably just do a patch the looks for either one of the two to use, since I think in this case I think they both do the same thing (I don't recall OPT having propeller engines for example).

Yes (it does say version Game Version 1.1.2 and the changelog shows it is version Version 1.8.1.1 released 2 days ago).

I dont think i did, its possible i may have forgotten to add the FS plugin.