Jump to content

[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Denko666 said:

I used infernal robotics + legacy pack to do that. The flat hinges fit nicely into the wings exposing only the barrel. And joint reinforcements .. otherwise they twist and turn and break off during flight. I can post you a .craft if you want.

oh please do!

 

EDIT: took a quick look at that docking port and have no idea what is going on with it, but thats just looking at the cfg. I will take a look in game and see what happens. what version of the game are you having issues with?

 

EDIT2: When saving as DDS, what specific settings do I need to set to make them work properly?

Edited by stali79
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not entirely sure if that are the right settings, however exporting with compression BC3/DXT5 and generating Mipmaps will result in entirely identical file sizes to the original dds textures of 1.7.

 

Just to clarify, I don't know if there are better file formats to be used, I only suggested DDS, because 1.7 uses them and doesn't have the visual issues 1.8+ does. So using DDS is my best guess to eliminate that.

Edited by Spanksh
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stali79 said:

oh please do!

 

EDIT: took a quick look at that docking port and have no idea what is going on with it, but thats just looking at the cfg. I will take a look in game and see what happens. what version of the game are you having issues with?

 

EDIT2: When saving as DDS, what specific settings do I need to set to make them work properly?

I  can't see anything (with my limited knowledge of KSP modding) in the .cfg either. But if i had to make a gut-feeling guess, i 'd say the animations aren't moving the docking node 'collision' point anymore. So by the time you hit the mesh you haven't reached the docking point yet. Just a guess though.

For .craft files:

OPT 'Juno' Spaceplane: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kujiac3gz9g03u/OPT 'Juno' SSTO.craft?dl=0

Requires:

  • - OPT (duh)
  • - MK2 Epansion Pack
  • - Kerbal Joint Reinforcements
  • - Infernal Robotics
  • - Infernal Robotics Legacy Pack
  • - Action Groups Extended
  • - Heat Control

I'm using KSP 1.1.3, OPT version 1.8.5.1

 

These are the OPT 'Stail' Spaceplane and 'Backpack' Deep Space Exploration Vessel addon. Like the ones in the picture above:

DSEV: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zuy7q8hsmod7mp3/DSEV OPT-B 'Backpack'.craft?dl=0

SSTOhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/d6j6xe3292241a9/OPT 'Stail' Multirole SSTO.craft?dl=0

You'll need a whole slew of additional mods to open these though: <uploading...please wait>

 

Edited by Denko666
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Denko666 said:

[...]

  • - Kerbal Joint Reinforcements

[...]

 

I wonder, do you still need that with the latest addition to the 1.2 pre, since it now has "rigid joints" as an option additionally to the even stronger autostrut.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spanksh said:

 

I wonder, do you still need that with the latest addition to the 1.2 pre, since it now has "rigid joints" as an option additionally to the even stronger autostrut.

Possibly, but i'm still running 1.1.3. And that will remain until at least the most vital mods have updated to 1.2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: Rewrote entire post for readability

Just wanted to report some bugs I noticed while rebuilding my ships with 1.8.5.1:

  • Stail Cargo Bay Mk1/Mk2 both have all nodes facing outward. They also don't register anything to be inside, therefor everything contained still produces drag. It doesn't matter if attached to the walls or the nodes.
  • Stail Inline Docking Port no longer has any resources. Neither Monopropellant nor the option to switch fuel, despite having had that before and actually containing meshes depicting tanks.
  • Stail QS-01 Cockpit is missing its interior. It was never fully textured/modeled, but it always had one, enabling you to fly first person and seeing your Kerbals.
  • Kraken Space Shuttle Cockpit has wrong textures in the intakes.
  • Humpback Cockpit has wrong textures in the intakes.
  • Juno Engine Mount has wrong textures around the inner two mounts.
  • 2.5m Aerodynamic Tail has no textures

 

EDITx: Alright, I went ahead and fixed the MK2 cargo bay. The issue were the wrong directions for the nodes, since these also define the ModuleCargoBay. I also fixed the lookupRadius, since it missed parts in the corners of the cargo bay. Additionally I put the DRAG_CUBE back as well, since it was missing.

PART
{

	// --- general parameters ---
	name = b_dropBay_mk2
	module = Part
	author = K.Yeon

	tags = stail opt


	// --- asset parameters ---
	MODEL
	{
		model = OPT/Parts/Stail/DB_MK2/b_dropbay
	}

    scale = 1
    rescaleFactor = 1

	DRAG_CUBE
	{
		A = A, 11.1875,0.4370629,0.87517, 11.1875,0.4370629,0.87517, 0.8,0.8158172,0.4776478, 0.8,0.8158172,0.4776478, 5.373057,0.3214514,2.091768, 5.373057,0.321452,2.091768, 0,0,0, 5.113532,4.000007,4.000006
		B = B, 10.0625,0.4666571,0.87517, 10.0625,0.4666571,0.87517, 0.8,0.8184709,0.510589, 0.8,0.8184709,0.510589, 20.51997,0.2769492,2.091768, 20.51997,0.2769493,2.091768, 0,0,0, 5.113532,4.000007,4.000006
	}
	
	// --- node definitions ---
	node_stack_top      = 0.0,  2, 0, 0.0,   1.0, 0.0, 4
	node_stack_top01    = 0.0, 2, 0, 0.0,   -1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_stack_bottom   = 0.0, -2, 0, 0.0,   -1.0, 0.0, 4
	node_stack_bottom01 = 0.0,  -2, 0, 0.0,   1.0, 0.0, 2

	// --- editor parameters ---
	TechRequired = heavyAerodynamics
	entryCost = 8000
	cost = 700
	category = Utility
	subcategory = 0
	title = OPT 'Stail' Class Cargo Bay Mk 2
	manufacturer = OPT Aerospace
	description = After a few individuals complained about the necessity of using boosters to remove rovers, OPT engineers designed this drop bay to allow you to drop your vehicles directly downwards. The Mk2 Variant has no bulkheads.

	// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
	attachRules = 1,0,1,1,1

	// --- standard part parameters ---
	mass = 1
	maximum_drag = 0.1
	minimum_drag = 0.1
	angularDrag = 2
	crashTolerance = 12
	breakingForce = 500
	breakingTorque = 600
	fuelCrossFeed = True

	maxTemp = 2800
	dragModelType = default
	bulkheadProfiles = Stail

	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
		animationName = Default Take
		startEventGUIName = Open Bay Doors
		endEventGUIName = Retract Bay Doors
		actionGUIName = Toggle Bay Doors
	}

	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleLiftingSurface
	
		deflectionLiftCoeff = 2.5
		dragAtMaxAoA = 1
		dragAtMinAoA = 0.2
		useInternalDragModel=False
	}
	
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCargoBay
		DeployModuleIndex = 0
		closedPosition = 0
		lookupRadius = 2.2
		
		nodeOuterForeID = top
		nodeOuterAftID = bottom
		nodeInnerForeID = top01
		nodeInnerAftID = bottom01
	}
}

 

Btw @stali79 I started introducing myself into modding of KSP and would like to help you guys with streamlining the cfg files of all parts (no renaming or rebalancing, don't worry), since I noticed that the contents of most are kind of all over the place. I would also watch out for missing modules or bugs and put them in as far as possible for me. Would it be ok for me to do that over the weekend and giving them to you? I don't really want to force myself into this project, just want to help out a bit instead of only asking for stuff :P

Edited by Spanksh
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Spanksh said:

EDIT: Rewrote entire post for readability

Just wanted to report some bugs I noticed while rebuilding my ships with 1.8.5.1:

  • Stail Cargo Bay Mk1/Mk2 both have all nodes facing outward. They also don't register anything to be inside, therefor everything contained still produces drag. It doesn't matter if attached to the walls or the nodes.
  • Stail Inline Docking Port no longer has any resources. Neither Monopropellant nor the option to switch fuel, despite having had that before and actually containing meshes depicting tanks.
  • Stail QS-01 Cockpit is missing its interior. It was never fully textured/modeled, but it always had one, enabling you to fly first person and seeing your Kerbals.
  • Kraken Space Shuttle Cockpit has wrong textures in the intakes.
  • Humpback Cockpit has wrong textures in the intakes.
  • Juno Engine Mount has wrong textures around the inner two mounts.
  • 2.5m Aerodynamic Tail has no textures

 

EDITx: Alright, I went ahead and fixed the MK2 cargo bay. The issue were the wrong directions for the nodes, since these also define the ModuleCargoBay. I also fixed the lookupRadius, since it missed parts in the corners of the cargo bay. Additionally I put the DRAG_CUBE back as well, since it was missing.

PART
{

	// --- general parameters ---
	name = b_dropBay_mk2
	module = Part
	author = K.Yeon

	tags = stail opt


	// --- asset parameters ---
	MODEL
	{
		model = OPT/Parts/Stail/DB_MK2/b_dropbay
	}

    scale = 1
    rescaleFactor = 1

	DRAG_CUBE
	{
		A = A, 11.1875,0.4370629,0.87517, 11.1875,0.4370629,0.87517, 0.8,0.8158172,0.4776478, 0.8,0.8158172,0.4776478, 5.373057,0.3214514,2.091768, 5.373057,0.321452,2.091768, 0,0,0, 5.113532,4.000007,4.000006
		B = B, 10.0625,0.4666571,0.87517, 10.0625,0.4666571,0.87517, 0.8,0.8184709,0.510589, 0.8,0.8184709,0.510589, 20.51997,0.2769492,2.091768, 20.51997,0.2769493,2.091768, 0,0,0, 5.113532,4.000007,4.000006
	}
	
	// --- node definitions ---
	node_stack_top      = 0.0,  2, 0, 0.0,   1.0, 0.0, 4
	node_stack_top01    = 0.0, 2, 0, 0.0,   -1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_stack_bottom   = 0.0, -2, 0, 0.0,   -1.0, 0.0, 4
	node_stack_bottom01 = 0.0,  -2, 0, 0.0,   1.0, 0.0, 2

	// --- editor parameters ---
	TechRequired = heavyAerodynamics
	entryCost = 8000
	cost = 700
	category = Utility
	subcategory = 0
	title = OPT 'Stail' Class Cargo Bay Mk 2
	manufacturer = OPT Aerospace
	description = After a few individuals complained about the necessity of using boosters to remove rovers, OPT engineers designed this drop bay to allow you to drop your vehicles directly downwards. The Mk2 Variant has no bulkheads.

	// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
	attachRules = 1,0,1,1,1

	// --- standard part parameters ---
	mass = 1
	maximum_drag = 0.1
	minimum_drag = 0.1
	angularDrag = 2
	crashTolerance = 12
	breakingForce = 500
	breakingTorque = 600
	fuelCrossFeed = True

	maxTemp = 2800
	dragModelType = default
	bulkheadProfiles = Stail

	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
		animationName = Default Take
		startEventGUIName = Open Bay Doors
		endEventGUIName = Retract Bay Doors
		actionGUIName = Toggle Bay Doors
	}

	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleLiftingSurface
	
		deflectionLiftCoeff = 2.5
		dragAtMaxAoA = 1
		dragAtMinAoA = 0.2
		useInternalDragModel=False
	}
	
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCargoBay
		DeployModuleIndex = 0
		closedPosition = 0
		lookupRadius = 2.2
		
		nodeOuterForeID = top
		nodeOuterAftID = bottom
		nodeInnerForeID = top01
		nodeInnerAftID = bottom01
	}
}

 

Btw @stali79 I started introducing myself into modding of KSP and would like to help you guys with streamlining the cfg files of all parts (no renaming or rebalancing, don't worry), since I noticed that the contents of most are kind of all over the place. I would also watch out for missing modules or bugs and put them in as far as possible for me. Would it be ok for me to do that over the weekend and giving them to you? I don't really want to force myself into this project, just want to help out a bit instead of only asking for stuff :P

Go for it. as for the issues you listed will investigate, I never saw an interior for the QS-01 will have another look through the archived versions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rushligh said:

Not sure if it's intentional, but your last release removed all the OPT wings i was using. They're good wings. please fix/return then in your next patch :P

There were no changes made to the wings between 1.8.5 and 1.8.5.1 so not sure why your wings are gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, stali79 said:

Go for it. as for the issues you listed will investigate, I never saw an interior for the QS-01 will have another look through the archived versions.

Alright, nice!

Is it possible you used 1.6 instead of 1.7 for some of the older parts? It seems a couple things from 1.7 are missing including some entries in the cfg of several stail parts.

Well either way, I'm currently in the process of adding them anyways, so no big deal :) Only half way through the Stail category and already an entire page of major fixes and additions including new 1.2 systems like communications and kerbnet.

 

EDIT: It really seems like some of the 1.7 meshes and textures are newer, since they don't have certain bugs the 1.8.5.1 has. So I'll simply replace those parts with the meshes and textures from 1.7.

EDIT2: Welp pretty much 10hours in and probably roughly halfway through :D @stali79 I seriously appreciate the work you put into this even more now. Working through all these parts takes freaking ages. But at least it's really satisfying. Slowly seeing the missing parts coming together and knowing that all the outdated parts are slowly back on track is really nice. I did make some changes which don't exactly pass as "fixes" but I will name them all in my long list of fixes/changes once I'm done, so you can decide if you like or dislike it. Also completely reformatting all cfg files might be slight overkill, but it makes it much much easier if someone decides to change something later on, so balancing will hopefully be much less dreadful.

Edited by Spanksh
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spanksh said:

Alright, nice!

Is it possible you used 1.6 instead of 1.7 for some of the older parts? It seems a couple things from 1.7 are missing including some entries in the cfg of several stail parts.

Well either way, I'm currently in the process of adding them anyways, so no big deal :) Only half way through the Stail category and already an entire page of major fixes and additions including new 1.2 systems like communications and kerbnet.

 

EDIT: It really seems like some of the 1.7 meshes and textures are newer, since they don't have certain bugs the 1.8.5.1 has. So I'll simply replace those parts with the meshes and textures from 1.7.

EDIT2: Welp pretty much 10hours in and probably roughly halfway through :D @stali79 I seriously appreciate the work you put into this even more now. Working through all these parts takes freaking ages. But at least it's really satisfying. Slowly seeing the missing parts coming together and knowing that all the outdated parts are slowly back on track is really nice. I did make some changes which don't exactly pass as "fixes" but I will name them all in my long list of fixes/changes once I'm done, so you can decide if you like or dislike it. Also completely reformatting all cfg files might be slight overkill, but it makes it much much easier if someone decides to change something later on, so balancing will hopefully be much less dreadful.

People don't understand just how much work goes into mod making until they actually do it themselves. This process certainly gave me a deeper understanding and respect for @K.Yeon. When compiling everything I did try to use the 'latest' versions of everything but I drew what I could from about 10 different versions of the mod to make what we have currently. When @K.Yeon returns I am tempted to branch the version I have been working on as a legacy pack, so he can continue with new content, and I maintain his older content, its something I do need to discuss with him when he returns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Wait... Might this entail new parts?

If K.Yeon is so inclined, then perhaps.

Depending on the presence or absence of Unity wheel shenanigans in KSP 1.2 proper, we might be fortunate enough to also see the return of the OPT landing gear (and B9 landing gear, and Adjustable Landing Gear, and....)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, King Something said:

If K.Yeon is so inclined, then perhaps.

Depending on the presence or absence of Unity wheel shenanigans in KSP 1.2 proper, we might be fortunate enough to also see the return of the OPT landing gear (and B9 landing gear, and Adjustable Landing Gear, and....)

speaking of wheels, I haven't checked the OPT wheels in 1.2 yet, might do that now

 

Would love to know why 1.2 breaks all the texture referencing....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously love this mod, I run a somewhat "futuristic" space program mainly focused on space planes and I would be dead in the water without this mod.
One thing I'm missing with it though is some powerful RCS thrusters, the stock ones won't get me far when dealing with a 300+ ton SSTO.
Been using the ones from the Interstellar mod and they work nicely but wouldn't mind having thrusters designed/made to fit the OPT parts nicely, any plans to implement something like that in the future?

Once again, thanks for an AWESOME mod! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, degenerate said:

Seriously love this mod, I run a somewhat "futuristic" space program mainly focused on space planes and I would be dead in the water without this mod.
One thing I'm missing with it though is some powerful RCS thrusters, the stock ones won't get me far when dealing with a 300+ ton SSTO.
Been using the ones from the Interstellar mod and they work nicely but wouldn't mind having thrusters designed/made to fit the OPT parts nicely, any plans to implement something like that in the future?

Once again, thanks for an AWESOME mod! :)

 

The Juno advanced module isn't bad but it's only for one part and doesn't have the same range. I usually pair it with B9 RC thrusters or the SpaceY verners if it's not Juno based.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stali79 said:

It seems you are correct. These wheels look like they run on firespitter.

The bad news is that this means we'll (well, YOU'LL) have to wait for Firespitter to get updated before further tests can be done. The good news is that the wheels no longer summon the Kraken with their mere presence on a vessel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so the latest prerelease just completely broke Firespitter, which makes it kinda difficult to update/add/modify all the fuel switches, but that can come later.

 

In regards to dds textures:

So by accident I just found out that (despite what I experienced when literally trying exactly this before, which is why I asked@stali79 to do it in the first place) meshes do actually detect dds textures even when they had png textures assigned. Afterwards I looked at the 1.7 meshes in blender and realized that most parts do in fact expect png, despite 1.7 exclusively using dds. So that's a thing apparently.

The fun part: They get applied mirrored, so I have to flip all textures vertically before converting. Again please don't ask me why, I have no freaking clue. I'm used to somewhat more predictable behavior from game engines.

So that's overall good news, since I can convert all the textures myself and simply complete the entire pack. So @stali79 in case you started converting, no need to do so and sorry for the trouble if you have. It's easier if I just finish it as is, instead of sending it back and forth, especially since I'm weeding out duplicate textures anyways and have to look at each part to make sure the cfg is working properly and all textures are there. So it's effectively no extra effort to do it all in one run.

Edited by Spanksh
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...