[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Just one thing I noticed: The J Docking/Utility Bay has it's control form here node inverted. The view is actually pointing downward instead of in the direction of the docking port.

Anyone know of a way to fix this? Is there a value in the config file that controls this?

I think the transform in Unity needs to be fixed, so nothing that can be done immediately.

What needs to happen is that a new transform has to be added with its Y axis pointing out of the docking port. That's its control transform. In the docking port module's config, it has to have controlTransformName = <the name of the transform> added

Preferably that should be added to the model itself but it is possible to hack it in via the part's config using MODEL nodes. I've done that before to add in proper control references to Porkjet's FLAT habs.

I made a cfg edit to the engine that makes it simpler to attach as this was annoying me too.

Open the part cfg file with notepad and change the node_attach parameters to this-

// --- node definitions ---

node_attach = 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3

then save the cfg file.

Its not a perfect fix, but it makes the engine much easier to use.

Ahh I will try that out and see how it works. Thank you !

I love the designs of these parts. It is my new preferred base for building large SSTOs.

I wanted exactly the same. Here's what I built.

-snip-

Thank you for the inspiration! That looks awesome!

Anyone else having problems with opening cargo bays and selecting fuel type on the parts after the update ? if so is it something i can fix locally or can i expect an update. Love these parts to death.

The Firespitter plugin is broken. I believe a temporary fix can be found in the Firespitter thread.

Damn, didn't even realize that could be a cause, thanks for the tip. I'll have to look into that one.
i cant dock my capsule with the j-Utility Bay the ports are magneticly attracting etch other but instead of docking they fly thou etch other, does anybody else have this issue?
I think the transform in Unity needs to be fixed, so nothing that can be done immediately.

wow i did not expect 0.9 so soon! ill have an update as soon as firespitter updates to 0.9

wow i did not expect 0.9 so soon! ill have an update as soon as firespitter updates to 0.9

Awesome:)

I think these parts are even better than the mk3, as you are able to lift them into the air.

thx! unfortunately i got some more testing to do for 0.9, i ran into some problem with my new cargo bay so i need abit more time

3fLUBnF.png

edit: there are 3 cargo bay parts that replaces the current 8m cargobay, its also bigger

Edited by K.Yeon

I made a cfg edit to the engine that makes it simpler to attach as this was annoying me too.

Open the part cfg file with notepad and change the node_attach parameters to this-

// --- node definitions ---

node_attach = 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3

then save the cfg file.

Its not a perfect fix, but it makes the engine much easier to use.

I really like the style of this pack Yeon! Nice work! Thankyou

Thank you so much!! The ARIE engines are actually placeable without being asymmetric now!!

Just a few more bugs I've noticed (in addition to these) that hopefully you can take a look at before the next release:

• The arie engine's thrust transforms and FX nodes aren't right in front of the nozzles (whereas they should be). You actually don't need separate transforms for the fx and thrust - you can just put the thrust transforms in front of either engine and use those for the fx. If they have the same name then you don't need to define the fx twice.
  • The arie engine's collider is incomplete. You probably set it to convex in Unity which would automatically fill the holes, but on the actual mesh the entire top piece is missing.
  • There seems to be a weird ring with inverted normals around the docking port. Not sure if the normal are supposed to be the other way or if it's just not supposed to be there.

For some reason, the model switching firespitter should enable isnt working. I found the problem. Firespitter hasnt been updated since 0.24.2. 0.25 didn't break it so in that version, its fine. That said, firespitter is not working in 0.90 and as such, any and all features this mod uses from it are also broken (this is why dependencies can be problematic). Sadface. Ah well, time to roll back to 0.25 just to get FS working and to try this mod out fully.

For some reason, the model switching firespitter should enable isnt working. I found the problem. Firespitter hasnt been updated since 0.24.2. 0.25 didn't break it so in that version, its fine. That said, firespitter is not working in 0.90 and as such, any and all features this mod uses from it are also broken (this is why dependencies can be problematic). Sadface. Ah well, time to roll back to 0.25 just to get FS working and to try this mod out fully.

Firespitter has been updated for 0.90. You just need to download the plugin separately (best place to find it is the firespitter github page.

updated for 0.9 including firespitter

the old huge engine is deleted but will be added back future as compressor, intake and engines. I decided the new engines have dual mode, primary mode will works like a jet engine but instead of intake air, it requires super compressed air thats generated by a compressor. Compressors are found in Aero parts.

Right now you might expect the oxidizer consumption to be much higher than before. So.. bring more oxidizers if you are willing to tryout the new engine!

Also Raster prop monitor isnt updated yet so the IVAs currently are abit broken, i am planning to fix this by make the future versions independent of RPM (similar to stock spp cockpit)

I really liked those big engines because it allowed me to have about 6 less engines and 6 or so less intakes, that's than can be a difference of 12 or 2 parts (that can help a lot if your pc is not that good and the cargo in the 100+part ssto is 100+ parts then every little helps.

For that and other structural reasons I real don't like the idea of a three part engine.

That said love the parts man keep up the good work.

Edited by joebopie

Just had some comments about the mod, hope you don't mind -

- Awesome effing cockpits. I really like the J version especially - you can actually see stuff out the front! :)

- Really sleek looking parts, awesome textures, and the drop bay idea seems like it will be useful.

- The rectangular form factor for the cargo bays also seems really useful, especially for rovers or other mobile cargo.

- MK2 adapter makes for some really cool looking planes

Things I think would make it even better, if you're looking for suggestions at all. Some of this is stuff you probably already addressed & thought about & made decisions about, so just ignore it if that's the case:

- When you turn the camera around the Jf Cargo Bay 4m, there seems to be a little piece of transparent texture - looks like a small hole at the rear end of the rearmost inset panels. Is this on purpose?

- The cargo parts are just almost big enough for 2.5m parts, but not quite... If [EDIT: the cargo bay parts, maybe the drop bay parts] were scaled up about 12-15%, or if the cargo bays were just a little taller, possibly like this (sorry, crappy drawing):

Jcargomodificationsuggestion.png

...they would be even more versatile IMO. But that might mess up the currently really good look & smooth blending of the cargo bays with the other parts, I dunno.

- The part name for the science lab is currently "OPT\Parts\NewParts\j_4m_lab" - instead of just j_4m_lab, I am guessing, and part name of the 4m tank is similar

- You've got ModuleManager's DLL inside the OPT directory rather than outside

- The different colors/text used to differentiate fuel tank types are somewhat small; definitely realistically-sized, but I suspect they'll get obliterated with any texture reduction or compression

- Dunno if it's something you were thinking of, but I could see where a side-opening cargo bay could be useful - side(s) open(s) and a ramp comes down, or something (maybe hinging where the red intersects the part in the picture). The rear-opening cargo tail might make this more a nicety than a real necessity though.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

I really liked those big engines because it allowed me to have about 6 less engines and 6 or so less intakes.

That said love the parts man keep up the good work.

The truth is my computer isnt that good also, less parts means more frames is definately true... Once i figure out how to put intakes inside another part maybe ill add whole engine pods again.

Ran into an issue with landing gears, it seems they automatically want to retract, and using the G keybind for gears only activates the lights.

As well, I do come into issues with viewing the Fuel contents, and the ability to close bay doors.

It sounds like an firespitter plugin issue, check the installation guide i included in the download. if still dosnt work you might have to check every game data folder see which one gave you a firespitter plugin

Just had some comments about the mod, hope you don't mind -

- When you turn the camera around the Jf Cargo Bay 4m, there seems to be a little piece of transparent texture - looks like a small hole at the rear end of the rearmost inset panels. Is this on purpose?

I must of messed up the normals in the model mesh, thanks for pointing it out!

- The cargo parts are just almost big enough for 2.5m parts, but not quite... If [EDIT: the cargo bay parts, maybe the drop bay parts] were scaled up about 12-15%, or if the cargo bays were just a little taller, possibly like this (sorry, crappy drawing):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/Jcargomodificationsuggestion.png

...they would be even more versatile IMO. But that might mess up the currently really good look & smooth blending of the cargo bays with the other parts, I dunno.

Yeah the cargo bay will probably stay the way it is. Awhile ago i considered to add a 'k' parts for large cargo bays but i decide to do another mod for that to keep this mod parts number down abit.

- The part name for the science lab is currently "OPT\Parts\NewParts\j_4m_lab" - instead of just j_4m_lab, I am guessing, and part name of the 4m tank is similar

forgot to delete them :P but it seems it was ignored

- You've got ModuleManager's DLL inside the OPT directory rather than outside

ok i must be really tired when i packed this...

- The different colors/text used to differentiate fuel tank types are somewhat small; definitely realistically-sized, but I suspect they'll get obliterated with any texture reduction or compression

Good point ill figure something out for this

- Dunno if it's something you were thinking of, but I could see where a side-opening cargo bay could be useful - side(s) open(s) and a ramp comes down, or something (maybe hinging where the red intersects the part in the picture). The rear-opening cargo tail might make this more a nicety than a real necessity though.

i felt it might get in the way where the wings will be. But With the new off set option maybe people can work around it? ill consider adding it again.