DeployModuleIndex = 0
        closedPosition = 0
        lookupRadius = 4
        nodeOuterForeID = top
        nodeOuterAftID = bottom
        nodeInnerAftID = bottom2
        nodeInnerForeID = top2
    }

Got removed from the Stail cargo bay resulting it those bay have drag and heating effects inside them. I know the avatar cargo bay does have that, I haven't checked the rest of the cargo bays.

Thanks for the catch, it seems ALL the Stail Freight bays have no ModuleCargoBay...

On that note I really should be taking notes as I go through the .cfg files and I'm sorry I'm not but 3 things...

1. One of the cargo bays (I think it was the avatar or the humpback but honestly forgot sorry ) had it's closedPosition = set to 1 it should be 0 since it starts closed.

2. For whatever reason I just could not get the humpback parts to not have drag inside the cargo bays until I increased it's look up radius. I doubled the value to make it work I'm sure a smaller value would also work but that's what it took for me :)

3. Also is there a way to get the hollow fuselages to not have drag inside them? I was wondering what would happen if you added  MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCargoBay

to them since they don't have a close animation...

Just in case here is a link to the wiki with the modulecargobay link.

Hmmm now that I read through that link myself I have a sneaking suspicion as to why I've had to increase the lookup radius to get a lot of the parts to work. Almost all of these parts are much longer than they are fat or tall. So if lookupradius is casting rays in a sphere from the center and not as a cylinder then really the radius needs to be alot larger than 1/2 the size of the parts here is a simple drawing to illustrate  (let me know if that link works just linked to my own googledocs) the problem. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/72ICF

The radius to the short width is what I believe we have now and leaves a lot of room for things to experience drag. The longer radius equal to the length of the part almost works but leaves gaps. The longest radius of course covers all of the interior space but then has a lot of overlap outside. I don't believe this is a problem as the rays stop as soon as it hits the exterior "wall" of the part (or more accurately the collider) so theoretically you could increase the lookupradius by x10 and not hurt anything.

For the time being I've doubled the lookup radius of all of the parts and set all of them to have closedPosition = 0 and I'm having a lot less troubles with drag in bays.

Edited by Sresk

14 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

It says we need the owners permission to access the file. Is that right?

try that now was trying to publish through google docs just downloaded it as a jpg to upload to imgur.

Sooo, I recently watched the movie Avatar (not the airbender) and fell in love with the Valkyrie shuttle. I immediately recognized it as the inspiration for several OPT cockpits, and so I left to make one in the SPH. To my dismay, the only parts it had to make the shuttle with were the cockpit, winglets and fuselage. I looked for the wings, but the only wing that looked remotely like the real wing was too small (something I’ve disliked about this mod for a long time, the smallness of the wings), and did not support TweakScale, oddly enough. Also IFS reported that it could not add fuel to the hollow fuselage, a problem I also ran into before. I also noticed that there was no cargo tail for this fuselage, and I recall that it was taken out by @stali79;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.; Can somebody please help me turn these weeping Kerbals into happy Kerbals? Can somebody please add the ‘Avatar’ class cargo tail back in, and add new, bigger delta wings? I really badly want to recreate my favorite shuttle with my favorite mod, but I can’t. Can somebody help meeeee?

Please. ;.;

For Jeb’s sake. ;.;

He can’t crash the Valkyrie shuttle until it gets made. ;.;

On 10/4/2016 at 11:39 AM, Sresk said:

Hmm ok seems to have helped with the drag from inside the cargo bays is it normal for things to still over heat inside cargo bays? Is that a ksp problem or an OPT problem?

the reason for removing the avatar cargo tail was because it was incomplete, it had no animations and never opened. it was nothing more than a tail.  heck it wasn't even sealed.

Edited by stali79

Just now, stali79 said:

the reason for removing the avatar cargo tail was because it was incomplete, it had no animations and never opened. it was nothing more than a tail.

But at least it was there. ;.;

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

But at least it was there. ;.;

I know man, but a lot of superfluous parts were removed.

That part also wasn't airtight

Edited by stali79

It doesn’t have to be an official release, so you don’t have to help if you don’t want to, @stali79. I just want someone to help me. I know that there are a few people who are unofficially modifying it, I just forgot who.

I just wanna make the pretty shuttle with this pretty mod.

Edited by Mycroft

Just now, Mycroft said:

It doesn’t have to be an official release, so you don’t have to help if you don’t want to, @stali79. I just want someone to help me. I know that there are a few people who are unofficially modifying it, I just forgot who.

inbox me your email and I will email it to you.

Okay, so there were no other mods I could use, so this morning I decided to charge ahead anyway, and make what I could with what I had. P-Wings worked great for making the right wing, and I found a good VTOL flip engine from the Mark two expansion pack. The only thing I lacked was a tail. I had everything I needed but that, so I put a fuselage in as a placeholder. (Note: @stali79, perhaps could we just get a plain 'Avatar' class tail? Cause that would not require much effort). Anyway, here are a few pictures, with a album link below: 

dxsaaUQ.jpg 

XJJUbnH.jpg

M2Nk5SD.jpg

FQG4EjC.jpg

YC8bcEP.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/M21zJ

It flies beautifully, and while the VTOL is a little hard to control, you can still VTOL after returning from orbit. Even with no tail, I like this plane.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Mycroft

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Okay, so there were no other mods I could use, so this morning I decided to charge ahead anyway, and make what I could with what I had. P-Wings worked great for making the right wing, and I found a good VTOL flip engine from the Mark two expansion pack. The only thing I lacked was a tail. I had everything I needed but that, so I put a fuselage in as a placeholder. (Note: @stali79, perhaps could we just get a plain 'Avatar' class tail? Cause that would not require much effort). Anyway, here are a few pictures, with a album link below: 

dxsaaUQ.jpg 

XJJUbnH.jpg

M2Nk5SD.jpg

FQG4EjC.jpg

YC8bcEP.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/M21zJ

It flies beautifully, and while the VTOL is a little hard to control, you can still VTOL after returning from orbit. Even with no tail, I like this plane.

What do you guys think?

:) Very nice but would be better if it had a big cargo bay :)

2 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

:) Very nice but would be better if it had a big cargo bay :)

It actually does, but it's obstructed by the fuselage tail section. Tomorrow I'll try to port the old A class tail to this install. Attempts to obtain a new one failed.

Just now, Mycroft said:

It actually does, but it's obstructed by the fuselage tail section. Tomorrow I'll try to port the old A class tail to this install. Attempts to obtain a new one failed.

Must be an issue with your email provider as it attachment worked for me.

Hi everyone, I been away for half a year due to work, but I am continuing the development of this mod again!

I hope this announcement will help everyone to understand where this mod is going:

The next update:
In next update (v1.9), the biggest change will be separating this mod into 2 packs: the legacy pack (stali, avatar, humpback and other pre 1.8 parts) and the main pack (I, J, K and some mk2 parts).

The main pack will most likely get updated and new parts added in the future. The legacy pack will only be maintained by me and other forum members, it's main purpose is to help the transition from 1.8.5 to 1.9 so player's game will not break.

Textures:

V1.9 will also be another major texture  update. Thanks to squad releasing some of the source files created by porkjet, this gave me some insight to how the stock texture was created, and I am going to apply the new textures to the main pack.

This is the new J-QS cockpit in unity:

0eFJdEa.png

Parts:

Quite a few parts from stali and avatar parts will be remade into the main pack, this includes:

J-QS Cockpit

J-Service bay (originally called drop bay)

Drop tanks (small and large)

Large turboram jet

Mk2 turboram jet

Mk2 cockpit

I-LS cockpit

Note: their old version will remain within the legacy pack, so when you download both pack, you will still have the old versions.

I'm also excited to introduce a new part called the J-Deployment bay, and on top of it, the J-Large docking port (for 2.5m only):

The deployment bay is intended to deploy small probes and escape pods. It's also perfect for housing satellite dishes and engines for VTOL:

7b6Z8w5.png

And with identical look on the outside, the large J Docking port:

cq1EUKh.png

A few but powerful RCS thrusters will also be added in this update.

The humpback parts will be on hold at the moment and staying in the legacy pack, when I find the time I will also be remaking them and integrate it into the main pack.

And finally, I also have been working on the IVAs for this mod, so expect to see all crewed parts have IVA, but keep in mind it will only be for decorative purpose, for RPM and other working instruments will need wait abit longer.

Release Date:

I expect to release this update at the end of this month. Could be earlier if everything progress well.

Regarding to compatibility: If you are using OPTv1.7, sadly all the parts have been renamed and won't be changing back, therefore you must start a new game. If you are using OPTv1.8Test4.01, there should be no problem updating it to 1.9. If you are using OPTv1.8.5+ from spacedock, updating will require you to download the legacy pack as well as the main pack, but there won't be any game breaking.

Others:

Another thing to keep in mind, I will be changing the fuselage name back to 'J' and 'K' instead of Juno and Kraken. And in future, the Humpback will be renamed to 'K+'. This is for no particular reason other than my preference.

Lastly, I know many of you will be suggesting new parts for this mod, but at this point, I will only be taking note of them, because I wish to focus on finishing the 1.9 update.

I hope this update finds you well,

Thank you all for being very supportive and patient with this mod so far!

And Thanks to @stali79,  @Starwaster, @Spanksh, @M_Ouellette, @Stone Blue , @Winchester , @Mycroft (sorry if i missed anyone and please let me know) for helping to maintaining this mod!

G0QsC2J.png

Edited by K.Yeon

Oooooohh pretty!!!

@stali79 the link works great, but I don't know if it's the right part as I'm not on my computer. Google drive lists the title as the K tail not the A tail, so I don't know what to make of that. It could just be misnamed. But the problem almost certainly was my mail server, which was why I brought up the other options. Thanks for your hard work and flexibility.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Oooooohh pretty!!!

@stali79 the link works great, but I don't know if it's the right part as I'm not on my computer. Google drive lists the title as the K tail not the A tail, so I don't know what to make of that. It could just be misnamed. But the problem almost certainly was my mail server, which was why I brought up the other options. Thanks for your hard work and flexibility.

that series of parts were originally K parts.

2 hours ago, K.Yeon said:

I am continuing the development of this mod again!

8wh2z4.jpg

2 hours ago, K.Yeon said:

Release Date:

I expect to release this update at the end of this month. Could be earlier if everything progress well.

Take as much time as you need. If it isn't ready by the end of the month, then don't release it by the end of this month. Keep in mind that the latest version of KSP is 1.2pre, not 1.2 proper -- it's very unlikely, but Squad may make some changes from 1.2pre to 1.2 proper that could break mods built for the former.

Hopefully everything progresses well.

6 hours ago, K.Yeon said:

Hi everyone, I been away for half a year due to work, but I am continuing the development of this mod again!

Welcome back! :D It's awesome to see my most favorite mod back in active development :D

On 07/10/2016 at 10:37 PM, Mycroft said:

looked for the wings, but the only wing that looked remotely like the real wing was too small (something I’ve disliked about this mod for a long time, the smallness of the wings), and did not support TweakScale

@MycroftHere's my OPT_TweakScale.cfg file, you just put it in the TweakScale/Patches folder and POOF OPT is TweakScale compatible again... for the most part :P

Now, it may not be perfect... I fixed it for my personal use.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwavg2fEkbxKRlFXX1Z4VjIzV1k

On 09/10/2016 at 0:22 AM, K.Yeon said:

This is the new J-QS cockpit in unity:

DROOL!!  Need a beta tester!?!!?!?

Edited by TheKurgan

On 07/10/2016 at 0:38 PM, Sresk said:

3. Also is there a way to get the hollow fuselages to not have drag inside them? I was wondering what would happen if you added  MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCargoBay

to them since they don't have a close animation...

@SreskI would really love to know this as well, have you tested it?