Eclipse

justidutch

The main reason we don't seen Munar eclipses more often is that half the time we are behind Kerbin when the eclipse is happening, or because we aren't looking. If you want to see some more, they should be visible above KSC once every 2-3 months (Mun orbits). Now, a tiny cyan pixel moving slowly across Kerbol, that I'd like to see.

The main reason we don't seen Munar eclipses more often is that half the time we are behind Kerbin when the eclipse is happening, or because we aren't looking. If you want to see some more, they should be visible above KSC once every 2-3 months (Mun orbits). Now, a tiny cyan pixel moving slowly across Kerbol, that I'd like to see.

Hmmm... you're right, I've seen duna and ike eclipses, but no minmus eclipse...

I also wish shadows showed up properly, so that you could see kerbin's shadow on Mun or Minmus

orbital inclination and axial tilt are different things though

Yeah. NathanKell seems to be one of the hardest working modders, and since even he had to cop out of axial tilt by changing orbital inclinations, it probably is a very difficult challenge to resolve.

I believe NovaSilisko has posted that Unity can't handle axial tilt

*update* I also believe I am often mistaken

Seems to handle it just fine in universe sandbox 2, which also runs on unity. I dont see how it is possible for it not to support that.

Yeah. NathanKell seems to be one of the hardest working modders, and since even he had to cop out of axial tilt by changing orbital inclinations, it probably is a very difficult challenge to resolve.

Probably would be alot easier for those who access to the actual KSP source code. They probably would have to make quite a few changes, but should deifnitely be very possible.

This is from my first run through of BTSM.

ksp_mun_landing.png

I hadn't intended on landing it, but it took so much work to get it there... For anyone who uses Remote Tech and BTSM (with no solar panels early on) I'm sure you feel my pain. I had to launch a couple satellites that were more or less just batteries to LKO just to get the chance to do a munshot. The fact that it stayed on the right side of the Mun long enough to maneuver to a "landing" was incredible.

Didn't have enough power to get any science from the surface, so KSP gave me an eclipse :)

I noticed this one when I first started playing the game. I put this small rover at KSC so I could switch to it and get full time-warping abilities whenever I wanted. I was moving it into place and then looked to the eastern sky to see it:

GpI97eB.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.