German Space Alliance - A Community Mod Project [Now RELEASED - V.1.0]

Kartoffelkuchen

EN49d2E.png

What is German Space Alliance?

German Space Alliance is a common project from Modders of the German Kerbal Space Program Community. Our aim was to join forces and to create a Mod for the Englisch Community as thanks that you also share your mods with us! Of course this mod wouldn`t exist without the German Community, but our thanks is for you dear Community!

Features

Ariane 5 Replica

ATV & Manned ATV

Falcon 9 Replica

Space Station Parts

Durability of parts (Because of problems this will be integrated later)

Credits

Project leader:

Thomas P. Kerman

Fr3akyHDx

Jebediah Kerman

runner78

Quazar501

Aurora

DirMa

Argo Industries

License

All rights reserved.

The downloads include a Low-resolution folder, to save RAM on weaker PC's.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

To report a Bug, please use our Bug Tracker!

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Yeah, for all your attempts to gather "hype" you failed to provide a good reason for people to care for that stupid countdown. What are those "station parts"? Both Ariane 5 and Falcon 9 were already made by someone else, so pics (not a video) would be helpful for determining if they're of superior quality or not.

You'd be better off posting those images in a proper gallery. A video consisting of images flashing at the rate of 2 per second is not very helpful. A detailed image showcasing each part that is not self-expanatory (historical spacecraft are; you can showcase them as a whole) would be great. I literally saw nothing in that video that I couldn't figure out from what you said (as in: You have an Ariane 5 and Falcon 9. They look at least passable. There's an ATV and a manned module. And some Station Parts).

Lionhead Aerospace doesn't do silly countdowns, epilepsy-inducing videos (really, you should've prefaced it with a warning) and pointless "hype". Instead, it's got informative pictures, good descriptions and videos that actually show how it's stuff works. It seems to be working better than making a huge deal out of releasing a completely unknown mod with very few information actually available (before or after release).

Edited by Guest

I think some of the parts are great. And some less great. Then that's for sure the case with established packs such as nova punch as well.

Either way - fair play and thanks for sharing. No need to listen to rude numpties.

I still think an imgur album would be lovely though!

I think some of the parts are great. And some less great.

Well, it'd be nice to see which parts you're talking about. Aside from historical vehicles (which everyone knows what they look like) we have no idea what are the parts included. This is my main issue with this mod, I don't like downloading a cat in a bag.

@Nowater: There's no compatibility with Ferram Aerospace, maybe it works with some parts but we didn't test it.

@playoue: Of course, not all parts have the same quality level, but it's a Community Project, and we have some very skilled and some not so skilled modders, but I think the end-result counts. We don't want to make a 'perfect' Mod, we wanted to make a nice Mod together. :)

A short explanation: Original, this mod was planned as a station part mod. We also wanted to have some launchers, but some left the project, which is ok, and now we ended up with a small amount of station parts and two Launchers and some other parts. Our aim for future updates is to make more station parts, as it was planned. For the first time we have to deal with what we have, which is not bad, but which didn't meet all expections.

About the videos: We did it our way, which we thought of it would be the best.

Finally: We will add images later on this day, maybe you want to try it then Dragon01 ;) And yes, I can understand why you don't want to download it, I agree you in there.

I hope that things getting a bit clearer now,

Kartoffelkuchen

Overall I really like the idea of a community project, and of course the art will vary slightly. What I was thinking was, if you are using smokescreen plugin, there are some settings to include underexpanded flames in atmosphere and overexpanded in space. I dont actually know how to do it, but it looks awesome (like in the community pack settings in hotrockets)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.