Story Mode at 0.90?

Nahim

We all know the next SQUAD update will bring upgradeable constructions at the KSC.

So i wonder, is an "Story Mode" the next logical step in the game development?

What you guys think? We already got a Sandbox, science and economy game mode...

Can you imagine Squad's story:

"One day, Jeb built a command-pod in his garden. He sat in it until he was bored than got out and took some dirt into the house, where he told all his friends about it. +SCIENCE , +REPUTATION.

Bob asked Jeb if the command-pod could fly so the next day Jeb got into the command pod while his friends lifted it up andput a fuel tank and rocket engine under it (no-one had invented a ladder yet) then he blasted into orbit. +FUNDS, +SCIENCE, +REPUTATION.

Years later someone invented the wheel."

"One day, Jeb built a command-pod in his garden. He sat in it until he was bored than got out and took some dirt into the house, where he told all his friends about it. +SCIENCE , +REPUTATION.

Bob asked Jeb if the command-pod could fly so the next day Jeb got into the command pod while his friends lifted it up andput a fuel tank and rocket engine under it (no-one had invented a ladder yet) then he blasted into orbit. +FUNDS, +SCIENCE, +REPUTATION.

Post of the year.

Considering 0.26/0.90 will be "scope complete" with all major game modes implemented I think that's not very likely, but we'll have to wait and see :)

I thought "scope complete" meant the infrastructure for all systems would be in place, not game modes?

Yup, marginally better than watching paint dry.

Oh I dont know, paint drying can be quite enthralling given the proper situation. Say for example if said drying paint is body paint on a scantly clad member of the opposite gender (or the same if you swing that way). I wouldnt call watching paint dry boring at all in that situation :sticktongue:

Fuel tank? Rocket engine???? WE NEED SOLID ROCKET BOOSTERS! BOOSTERS!!!

Oh I dont know, paint drying can be quite enthralling given the proper situation. Say for example if said drying paint is body paint on a scantly clad member of the opposite gender (or the same if you swing that way). I wouldnt call watching paint dry boring at all in that situation :sticktongue:

Sounds Better Than Wolfes more interesting than Twilight!

The paint may or may not be an excuse to enjoy the rest of the picture. Plausible deniability and all that rot.

This is a silly thread (sorry, did I start that?) and I'd just like to point out that Polyvinyl acetate (erm: PVA glue) is an opaque white as a liquid but dries as a shiny transparent film. That might be fun to watch in these circumstances. It is also water-soluble, so might be fun to wash off later.

Plausible deniability and all that rot.

If you need plausible deniability, you probably shouldn't be in that situation to begin with.

This is a silly thread (sorry, did I start that?)...

After the last couple of days, a little levity is a welcome thing.

Pretty much sums up Kerbal Space Program.:cool:

I should probably apologise to Nahim for derailing what was a perfectly sensible question though.

Sorry, Nahim. In answer to your OP; the only difference between modes is currently whether science and funds/reputation are enabled. Rather than have a plethora of modes I'd prefer to simply see these as configuration options.

I see. Well alright, the carrer mode and science are both sufficient to make us busy/happy!

But man! This link . M ake me wonder what the guys from the kerbtown mod are planing adding all that easter eggs...

That was originally a plan from NovaSilisko who use to be a developer. I would really like to see that story implemented in the game.

That was originally a plan from NovaSilisko who use to be a developer. I would really like to see that story implemented in the game.

As me brother! But im afraid NovaSilisko is no more part of the Developers team...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.