Background Processing 0.4.4.0 [KSP 1.1.3]

jamespicone

On 19/12/2015 at 2:57 PM, Stone Blue said:

Is this dead in the water?

I cant believe more people havent asked for this functionality... Unless its now stock in 1.0.5?

It still works in 1.0.5. But of course you need to actually have another mod that uses this mod like my DeepFreeze mod. On its own it does nothing. calculates EC production from solar panels and updates your vessel.

Edited by JPLRepo

OK... I guess I thought it DID at least, do the electricity generation/drain, all on its own, and that it could be made to support other mods... So I just re-read the OP, (it was late, after my bedtime when i first read it...lol), and I dont know how I missed that it actually has to be, specifically coded into a a mod, to be used....

Thats kind of disappointing...lol

On 12/20/2015 at 10:18 AM, Stone Blue said:

OK... I guess I thought it DID at least, do the electricity generation/drain, all on its own, and that it could be made to support other mods... So I just re-read the OP, (it was late, after my bedtime when i first read it...lol), and I dont know how I missed that it actually has to be, specifically coded into a a mod, to be used....

Thats kind of disappointing...lol

I think you're thinking it does this because of the add-on release thread which says that it does: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/88304-background-processing-02-ksp-025/

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Flagelop said:

Does anyone know how I can download this mod now that Kerbal Stuff is down?

@Flagelop Nope. But I have a copy of the source as my mod uses it. I will get a link up on github for those that want it and publish it given that the author hasn't been on the forums since September last year. 

Here is a link to my github fork of this mod until jamespicone returns to the forum and provides a new download repository. The license allows me to do this (included in the zip). The source code is here.

Edited by JPLRepo
Added links

Just now, FreeThinker said:

I still have some plans to make it work with KSPI-E when I get around to it.

Let me know if you do so we can collaborate.. until JamesPicone comes back to the forum. I'm currently investigating a potentially reported bug with the solar panels code. Debugging it as I type this actually.

7 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

@Flagelop Nope. But I have a copy of the source as my mod uses it. I will get a link up on github for those that want it and publish it given that the author hasn't been on the forums since September last year. 

Here is a link to my github fork of this mod until jamespicone returns to the forum and provides a new download repository. The license allows me to do this (included in the zip). The source code is here.

Thanks!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

>_>

Jeez, you stop paying attention to a mod for a few months and KerbalStuff goes down.

I've put BackgroundProcessing on SpaceDock.

I haven't tested against versions of KSP later than 1.0.5. I've not been following KSP for some time, so I'm not sure what the changes are. If JPLRepo thinks it works, he's probably right. I can't imagine they've changed solar panel behaviour significantly in a few point releases. The thermo stuff might matter, I guess.

Thanks for rehosting the mod @JPLRepo . Any leads on the bug, and was the problem something to do with PhysicsGlobals not being loaded until you go to a flight scene at least once? I have some uncommitted code on my HDD where it looks like I was looking into that.

18 minutes ago, jamespicone said:

>_>

Jeez, you stop paying attention to a mod for a few months and KerbalStuff goes down.

I've put BackgroundProcessing on SpaceDock.

I haven't tested against versions of KSP later than 1.0.5. I've not been following KSP for some time, so I'm not sure what the changes are. If JPLRepo thinks it works, he's probably right. I can't imagine they've changed solar panel behaviour significantly in a few point releases. The thermo stuff might matter, I guess.

Thanks for rehosting the mod @JPLRepo . Any leads on the bug, and was the problem something to do with PhysicsGlobals not being loaded until you go to a flight scene at least once? I have some uncommitted code on my HDD where it looks like I was looking into that.

Hey NP. Actually I couldn't find that bug at all.. I had a user of DeepFreeze (which uses BackgroundProcessing) advising they were getting strange behaviours regarding EC usage. But in testing that I did I couldn't find anything wrong at all. It all seemed to be working fine. I haven't finished testing it thoroughly yet. But it appears this mod was correctly calculating EC production and Ec usage (for my DeepFreeze method). I think the actual issue is somewhere in my DeepFreeze mod calcs and GUI displays (because it has to handle both BackgroundProcessing being installed and NOT being installed by the user). But I will keep testing. The reported case was from a user switching between ships in flight so in that case PhysicsGlobals would be loaded. If I ever track down what they are reporting and it's anything to do with this mod I'll certainly post an update.

Edited by JPLRepo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.