[0.25] Rebar - Modify building destruction settings!

medsouz

This is a quick plugin that I wrote to help me figure out how KSP handles building destruction internally so that I could add destruction support to Kerbal Konstructs.

The plugin allows you to globally modify the follow settings:

• Damage decay rate - How fast the building recovers from a non-fatal collision.
  • Impact momentum - How much momentum (velocity * mass) is required for a collision (or group of collisions) to take down the building
  • Repair cost - How much it costs to repair :P
  • Collapse duration - How many seconds it takes for the building to collapse
  • Collapse offset - How much the building can slide to the side while falling
  • Collapse tilt - How much the building can rotate while falling

To change the settings edit this file:

GameData/Rebar/PluginData/KerbalRebar/KerbalRebar.cfg

Right now the config is relatively simple and the settings effect every destructible building in the game (if people are interested I could probably change this to let you modify individual buildings.) and only lets you set a multiplier (or addend for tilt and offset).

359Gp94.jpg

Increased collapse tilt and duration

You can download the plugin from Kerbal Stuff

Source is available on GitHub

...Right now the config is relatively simple and the settings effect every destructible building in the game (if people are interested I could probably change this to let you modify individual buildings.)...

Selectively strengthen, or make indestructible, the launchpad and runway so they don't explode as soon as you launch/land heavy craft on them?

• 1 year later...