Am I the first pilot to land on the south pole by a plane?

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Quick queston, am I the first person to land on the south pole using a plane, because if I am not, I just did a lot of effort for nothing.

NZ time is in the picture bellow.

ahyWG.png

So, I just flew to the south pole without the use of SAS, ASAS, RCS or any control mods. More pictures in spoiler.

syqBN.png

qB9qe.png

Qfo02.png

feXdu.png

VIZ2o.png

46MNs.png

So, is that enough to claim it?

EDIT (changed picture with cropped one without my skype contacts :P)

Hehe, reminds me, when I first got the experimental I must\'ve been one of the first to get to the North Pole... I got into a sub-orbital trajectory there, and did a powered landing to try and pinpoint my position. I landed with VERY little fuel to spare (about a second, half a second) of fuel left, since I was being paranoid about the height it was at since there wasn\'t much to give myself reference to... turns out it was for nothing as it was only 8m high... :-[

It\'s actually pretty interesting, if you timewarp you see the sun just always rest just about at the horizon.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I\'ve got to say; that is one beautiful plane.

It flys well too.

Hehe, reminds me, when I first got the experimental I must\'ve been one of the first to get to the North Pole... I got into a sub-orbital trajectory there, and did a powered landing to try and pinpoint my position. I landed with VERY little fuel to spare (about a second, half a second) of fuel left, since I was being paranoid about the height it was at since there wasn\'t much to give myself reference to... turns out it was for nothing as it was only 8m high... :-[

It\'s actually pretty interesting, if you timewarp you see the sun just always rest just about at the horizon.

I hated landing too, there was no referance for me for 10 seconds before landing, Scary stuff. Unless someone else has done it in a plane, I am changing my profile to say that I was the first to land at the south pole of the kerbin via flying a plane.

I hated landing too, there was no referance for me for 10 seconds before landing, Scary stuff. Unless someone else has done it in a plane, I am changing my profile to say that I was the first to land at the south pole of the kerbin via flying a plane.

VERY difficult landing on the ice.

I only did it though to check on my RP nation... It\'s now a barren wasteland of ice...

:(

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Uh

CanI have a .craft?

I want it.

Just so I can land on the NORTH pole by plane :D

Ill put it at the bottem of the page, Should be able to. Has ASAS but I didn\'t use it. Have fun!

VERY difficult landing on the ice.

I only did it though to check on my RP nation... It\'s now a barren wasteland of ice...

:(

I feel sorry for you now, same with Rayne, but thats for the RP forums. But landing on the ice was fun!