[WIP] Some stuff I've been working on. WWII Cockpits, Propeller Engines, VentureStar

CoffeeSE

coffeeindustrieslogosmall_zps943a9343.png

Hi guys, here's some stuff I've been working on:

• Cockpit based on the WWII Messerschmitt Bf 109 E series fighter
  • Cockpit based on the WWII Focke-Wulf 190 D-9 fighter
  • Cockpit based on the WWII Arado Ar-234 jet bomber
  • Engine based on the Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp radial propeller engine
  • Engine based on the KN-12 turboprop
  • VentureStar (not in download)

All of these are work in progress, but some of them are ready to share, so I though I'd upload them. Some parts are missing normal and/or specular maps and are missing shading/weathering, but will have them eventually.

Dependencies:

• Firespitter.dll (for propellers, you don't need it if you don't want engines, just delete /GameData/CoffeeIndustries/Parts/Propulsion folder)
  • RasterPropMonitor (for cockpits, although you might not need this, the props just won't show up)

Compatibility:

• 0.24/.2

Download:

Download from Kerbalstuff

How to install:

• Stick "CoffeeIndustries" folder into "GameData" folder
  • Done!

License:

88x31.png

Album:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

CAE Airliner Parts:

I was playing some KSP and got annoyed at the lack of ability to kill transport large amounts of Kerbals in style, so I went back and started overhauling my old ModularAirliner parts. Here's the passenger fuselages that are finished, still have some wings and fuel/cargo and engine stuff to do.

VentureStar WIP

Here's some WIP screenshots of the VentureStar I've been working on (third time's the charm!). I only have the front half (the control/cockpit section) textured, it'll be crewed by two Kerbals, I may or may not include a drone cockpit. Everything is modelled but I still need to finish the textures. The cargo section will be able to hold a orange tank. I plan on having it be able to deliver a full orange tank into a 100 km orbit. It'll have its own custom landing gears and hopefully manoeuvring thrusters once i figure out how to do that. Will have lifting body. Hopefully it'll work in-game.

Edited by CoffeeSE

Looking forward to see more. Would be great if the basic prop and cockpits where made available early on the tech tree.

Maybe starting tech or the one right afterwards?

Yes, it'll be balanced when it's ready for release. I'm planning on making some more cockpits and engines, such as a Jumo powered nose section of the Fw 190 D-9, a 3 kerbal inline of the TBF Avenger (done modelling, just need to finish texturing), and maybe a spitfire mk. ix cockpit. I still have to update some old mods, so it may take a while. :)

Edited by CoffeeSE

This seems like a silly question considering the title of the thread says 'Propeller Engines', but would you be able to do any WW2 turbojets? I.E. Jumo 004, HeS 011?

I can but why? Like do you just want engines named Jumo 004 or HeS 011? Or do you mean like a Jumo 004 in a nacelle assembly with intake and underwing mount like the one on the Me262?

I can but why? Like do you just want engines named Jumo 004 or HeS 011? Or do you mean like a Jumo 004 in a nacelle assembly with intake and underwing mount like the one on the Me262?

One of each configuration would be better probably, because some drawing board aircraft had inline engines instead of fuselage/wing mounted nacelles.

I really like this mod, but the fw 190 cockpit is too short and the top is too wide, it needs to be longer, the top should be thinner, and maybe slightly shorter.

lujilWA.jpg

Make the top thinner until the sides are at that angle.

Second nitpick, i cant reverse thrust, making pusher aircraft impossible. No sound on turboprop.

Edited by bs1110101

I really like this mod, but the fw 190 cockpit is too short and the top is too wide, it needs to be longer, the top should be thinner, and maybe slightly shorter.

Make the top thinner until the sides are at that angle.

Second nitpick, i cant reverse thrust, making pusher aircraft impossible. No sound on turboprop.

I didn't make any of the cockpits to scale because it wouldn't quite work with the Kerbal's physiology. The reason the cockpit's really wide is so I can fit their helmets inside. The reason I made it kinda short/compressed is so I could use it in place of the stock in-line cockpit. I didn't want it to be as long as a FL-T800 fuel tank or longer.

The reason you can't set reverse thrust is because I didn't put it in, I'll fix it in the next version. I'll eventually put in pusher prop with side intakes like the one on the J7W or XP-55, but that'll have to wait.

And sorry about the sounds for the props. I don't really play with sound on so I didn't work on it yet.