[WIP] Some stuff I've been working on. WWII Cockpits, Propeller Engines, VentureStar

CoffeeSE

Hey, I LOVE the NK-12 engines you made, but since you made bear engines, can you also make its face? Preferably 2.5m if you do go with it. P.S. look for more pictures of it for reference.

Edited by MangoScout

Hey, I LOVE the NK-12 engines you made, but since you made bear engines, can you also make its face? Preferably 2.5m if you do go with it. P.S. look for more pictures of it for reference.

It would look nice but it doesn't really have that much use, other modders have made some nice 2.5m plane cockpits you can use though. :)

Quick Update:

Made a couple of divebrakes, one based on those of the Ju87, the others are just generic perforated divebrakes. They're scalable using tweakscale but I don't think it affects the amount of drag each brake has.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also, got the Venture Star cockpit into the game. No normal map yet, but specular is done. Tried for the past two days to get the damned landing gear to work, but it haven't figured it out yet. It refuses to animate or turn even though I'm pretty sure I got the hierarchy right. If there's any modder who's successfully made a landing gear, I'd love it if you could show me how to.

• 2 weeks later...
Its not OP, its historically accurate in its potency! Spitfires were really good at ripping aircraft apart and probably had the highest kill amount of all WWII fighters, but its not known at this time.

Spitties are great. If you're the one fighting in them. Their only problems are they are kinda lacking in speed, and they are weak. A zero is essentially a japanese spitfire, with the speed problem remedied. Those things are so freaking fast they can outrun my La-7. That's insanity.

No its quite the opposite. It was much faster than any Japanese, Russian or German fighters

So you're telling me the Spitfire was faster than the FW-190?

And while we're accosting people based on the content of their signatures...

If you ever want to win a war, get the USSR on your side. Not Russia, the USSR.They have won every war they fought

Afghanistan?

Edited by Ich Dien

I love it. Are you going to have 2.5m cargo bay for small tactical transports as well? Also, I hope those wings will have FAR support. Its the only way to play for me. :)

The airliner is BACK! It looks amazing! Any idea when we'll be getting the cargo version back? Also... will this mod get something like SXT's Kn-225 cargo plane? Especially one that works with Adjustable Landing Gear? That'd be amazing!! Also, if the cargo bay could fit the KSO Phase IV vehicles in it... it would be perfect!

("-_-)

Also, another update. Finished wings and liquidfuel tank fuselages. Also shorter, lower capacity cabin. holds half the kerbals. also canopy cockpit.

http://imgur.com/a/Y5xkN

Is that a B-29 style cockpit? :0.0: Awesome!!! I've been wanting one for so long! (I don't mean to rush you; take your time).

Edited by mythbusters844
de-billified

Not sure if I'm gonna update the 2.5 metre cargo pods because it's too small to get a rover in. There may or may not be an alternative. ;)

I don't know when I'll be finished the parts. I plan on making a pack with some propeller and jet engines, the fuel tanks, passenger cabins, wings, the two cockpits and their IVAs done for the release. Most are done, just IVAs and engines to do. With further packs and updates down the road. The wings will have tweakscale for larger planes.

I just tested it out in FAR. The wings work pretty well, although the control surfaces are a bit sensitive. Here's an album of planes in FAR:

The old 2.5m cargo fuselages fit the KSO Phase IV vehicles perfectly (other than the difficulty of getting them up the ramp). I'd say they're definitely worth re-making! Plus, the inside textures of them looked great, so it's only really the outside that needs to be redone.

Also, pleeeeaaaaase make a 3.75m cargo fuselage!

Can't wait to see this mods with wings actually configured for FAR. It looks really great, but I'm long since unable to fly in the stock soup. :)