Computers

xXIndestructibleEVAXx

I won't recommend using an A10 for gaming. An FX-8350 is much powerfuller and costs the same.

Sry to say this guys, but what he needs (especially for KSP) is good single-thread performance,...AMD is not a good choice right now for that. I won't recommend you anything here specifically, because

1. i would need to know your budget

2. where you are willing to buy (you are not building yourself, so you need a vendor), give us a website

but if you are looking to go really cheap...stick the cash you have in a good CPU and go with the integrated grafics card, whenever you want more graficspower you can spend 50-100$ and triple the performanc easy. Upgrading the CPU later is a pain if you don't know how, and you don't (as you told us).

if you go with generation old intel (ivy bridge) you might save some cash and get decent performance out of it. you might also wait till after intel releases broadwell (which should happen this quarter or the next) and get a haswell machine on sale (broadwell is just a die shrink anyway). just sit on your money and wait for a sale.

Edited by Nuke

Wow, so much bad computers on the last pages... Especialy this "Gamer Ultra" which doesnt even have a GPU.

For KSP you need realy high power per core, so Intel should be your only choice. An i3 will be enough for KSP while you will need an i5 for other (future) games. As a GPU you wont need much for unmodded KSP, any somehow recent GPU that isnt completly low end (like those GT 710 things etc.) should be enough.

For the Renaissance Compilation you will need much power, my overclocked i5 3570k and my AMD HD7970 struggle with it (means= im not allways over 30 FPS). Im not sure what the bottleneck is, so i cant say if a slower GPU is enough for it...

The first PC still has an integrated GPU. The second one does have a GPU, yet it is very poor. The CPUs perform half of what their Intel counterparts do. They've got 8GB of RAM, but they're SDRAM and it doesn't list the speed. Anyone can slap LEDS and fancy colors on a PC and call it a gaming pc.

Potato lvl Processor, avoid AMD CPUs for KSP and gaming in general. Only exception: FX83xx CPUs if you are poor and have both free electricity and a room that is in perpetual need of extra heating.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1200?vs=1197

Buy something with an i3-4 or i5-4. There should also be shops that offer assembly for parts you picked yourself (~€20 in yurop) which would be the best option for someone with electronic parts anxiety.

edit: All the other PCs you posted suck, for reasons already mentioned in this thread.

Edited by jfx

Seriosly, save more money! You wont get a decent prebuild PC for 600$. If you build your own PC (and you have saved about 800$) you will have a way, way better system which is actually able to do more than office&email. Building you own PC is as hard as building a cupboard from IKEA...

The Radeon 8570 is not a very good graphics card.

I see your budget is $600. You could try building your own computer instead. It can be cheaper and you can choose the parts that best matches your budget.

seriosly, save more money! You wont get a decent prebuild pc for 600$. If you build your own pc (and you have saved about 800$) you will have a way, way better system which is actually able to do more than office&email. Building you own pc is as hard as building a cupboard from ikea...

i dont know how, or care to

Possible if you add a gpu, but still far inferior to a self-built or store-built one. With the 300w psu you are pretty much limited to a 75w gpu since there appears to be no 6-pin pcie power connector. (Sorry, no way I'm going to traverse the wasteland named "hp.com" to check on that). Adapter may work though, still not much room for expansion due to the 300w limit.

Anyways. With this attitude:

i dont know how, or care to

I'm out, good luck - you're going to need it.

Building computers is easy. If you have the knowledge.

If this person doesn't/can't/won't build their own computer, then let that be it.

I would personally recommend saving more money $800-1200, and then go ask a friend to build one for you, or go to a site like Cyberpower and let them build it.

The point is:

When you buy a PC with such low end hardware it wont make you happy. Buying a PC that is allready not able to do what you want NOW is a good way to regret spending the money on it when there is something new you want to play.

Getting 200$ isnt that hard when you were able to save 600$ in the past, if you dont have something like pocket money you can save maybe you can wish for money at christmas/you next birthday etc. If that isnt enough/other reasons you have to work for money. Offer your neighbors to mow their lawn, give tuition lessons to younger kids or (if you are old enough) work for a company.

Those 200$ will make a gigantic difference in the power you get since with 600$ you only buy fixed prices stuff like the case or windows license and only a little % of that goes into hardware.

I'd get a cheap PC with a decent CPU, then buy a graphics card separately. That's if you're absolutely not willing to build one.
Seconded. And for KSP I'd go with Intel unless you're on a budget so tight that integrated graphics is the only option. One of the faster-clocked Pentiums ir i3's will be OK. The Pentium "Anniversary Edition" is overclockable and on a matching motherboard would be awesome but you'll be lucky to find one in a cheap general-purpose PC.

On GPU, I have a GT610 and consider it underpowered for KSP, though that hasn't stopped me putting in hundreds of hours of gameplay! GT750Ti would be great, regular 750 or 740 OK.

Searching through Newegg, this might be a good buy, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883156235, leaving you enough for a GT 750 Ti.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.