Planning to start a collection of small part pack mods [Dev build available (V0.1)]

Orionkermin

Any chance that you could add FAR compatability to the plane parts?

Sorry I won't be able to anytime soon. Right now I don't have much free time to work on modding and what little I do get I need to devote to my primary mod. When my schedule opens up more I'll see about making them. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I likey!

EDIT: can we have a crew can and a larger Corvus for a Big C?

For now the exact future of the corvus is in the air. I definitely want to return to it, but for the time being I need to manage my projects in a way that actually gets things done. I'm not sure if you use it or not, but HGR my main mod has a larger Gemini analog and that will certainly be getting a Big Gemini style expansion part.

Something you could look into in the meantime. This I believe has a part similar to what you're asking for and might hold you over.

Minor progress update on the KTS-86. (CST100) I'm planning to make the service module a hollow structure so that it basically works like a cargo bay without doors and has a decoupler. Theoretically you should be able to assemble the service module however you want it and then just save it as a subassembly to use however you want. It should be a good test for this type of service module which is how I think I'd like to make mine going forward. The top bit is of course a docking port/chute combo. I've omitted the abort engines as I feel there's already other options that can be used.

KTS_zpsbwisp56b.png

OOOOOHHHH!!! I love the look of that! How many is that planned to carry?

It'll hold 4. That's the most I want to cram into a 2.5m capsule and 4plus cargo is the configuration NASA is expected to use with the actuall CST. I plan to make it less robust than the MK1-2. (Less battery power worse reaction wheel etc.) it should have a lower cost and mass per seat however, although it's total mass might end up just a little heavier.

This will hopefully enphasize it's role as a LKO ferry compared to the MK1-2 which I see as a BKO craft. (Apollo/Orion equivilant)

• 1 month later...

Sorry I was out of action for a while guys, my graphics card melted and by the time I built a new computer I got distracted by other games. (City skylines and Pillars of eternity, if you're wondering)

It would be nice if this pack would be updated for 1.0.

The Corvus has been one of my favorite 2 man capsules.

This would be amazing if it was updated/completed for 1.0

Yea, I think I'm going to try and get the Corvus and the KTS released before I get back to working on the HGR reboot. Especially since both are pretty far along development wise.

Regarding the Corvus, I think it needs some major overhauls. The textures are nice, but I can map them more efficiently and make them smaller without losing much quality and I'm sure many would appreciate the memory savings, especially for such a tiny pod. I don't really think the service portion works well or serves a great purpose; even worse now that the stock game has those new equipment bays.

I *Think* the plan is going to be:

-update the corvus's exterior texture

-add a built in heatshield. (will look better I think)

-Update/rework the nose (More on this later)

-Tiny rcs blocks for better control of placement

-Tiny RCS tanks (Yes I know RLA has them too along w micro RCS, but eh)

-Add a "Big G" type module (Have some ideas how to handle this, will discuss in detail later)

-possibly a new service tube, more like the stock one? (Opens. May just omit it)

-Likely drop the monoprop engine as I don't think it serves a great purpose in the grand scheme of things

Mostly just brainstorming out loud here. Will get back to you guys soon.

I don't really think the service portion works well or serves a great purpose; even worse now that the stock game has those new equipment bays.

I love that little guy -- it's got just enough dV for orbital rescues in Kerbin orbit, milk runs to stations, etc. I'd hate to see it go.

I love that little guy -- it's got just enough dV for orbital rescues in Kerbin orbit, milk runs to stations, etc. I'd hate to see it go.

Do you use the engine as well, or just the service tank? Maybe hollowing it out and adding hatches could make it work like a larger service bay. Then potentially you would be able to add in radial fuel tanks to have whatever kind of propulsion you wanted? Maybe I could add a simple radial LFO tank about the size of the round RCS tanks. We have wet wings, so this is assuming radial LFO works now.

Do you use the engine as well, or just the service tank? Maybe hollowing it out and adding hatches could make it work like a larger service bay. Then potentially you would be able to add in radial fuel tanks to have whatever kind of propulsion you wanted? Maybe I could add a simple radial LFO tank about the size of the round RCS tanks. We have wet wings, so this is assuming radial LFO works now.

The whole package including the engine. I really like the idea of the service module as a service bay -- it would let players add additional life support, batteries, fuel cells, science equipment, etc. Would it be possible to make the engine dual fuel mode, selectable between RCS and LfO? It's not realistic to do it in flight but would save a part.

The whole package including the engine. I really like the idea of the service module as a service bay -- it would let players add additional life support, batteries, fuel cells, science equipment, etc. Would it be possible to make the engine dual fuel mode, selectable between RCS and LfO? It's not realistic to do it in flight but would save a part.

Yea a dual mode engine might work well actually. It makes the part more interesting for sure. Would anyone be upset if I remodel the engine to look more like an actual bell engine? Maybe something like a tiny imitation of the Apollo SPS engine?

Sort of like this alt reality image from google. I think it's a cool look for gemini...13755-02-456665.jpg

Oddly I found this after the first iteration of the Corvus, so I guess I'm not the only one who envisioned a cylindrical Gemini. :)

Regarding a "Big G" type part: We've seen a few of these from other mods and they have always been additional habitats/command pods that get attached behind a standard gemini type pod. What I'm thinking is why not make it a unique capsule? I can still reuse the original texture for the front half and by having it as one part it would be a lot easier to balance the stats. The IVA could all be one space as well in this scenario. We lose the ability to use it independently of the Corvus, but I don't really think that's a huge loss to be honest.

Anyways, just some brainstorming on my part.

Yea a dual mode engine might work well actually. It makes the part more interesting for sure. Would anyone be upset if I remodel the engine to look more like an actual bell engine? Maybe something like a tiny imitation of the Apollo SPS engine?

Sort of like this alt reality image from google. I think it's a cool look for gemini...http://www.foundation3d.com/uploads/studio/2013/08/13755-02-456665.jpg

Oddly I found this after the first iteration of the Corvus, so I guess I'm not the only one who envisioned a cylindrical Gemini. :)

Regarding a "Big G" type part: We've seen a few of these from other mods and they have always been additional habitats/command pods that get attached behind a standard gemini type pod. What I'm thinking is why not make it a unique capsule? I can still reuse the original texture for the front half and by having it as one part it would be a lot easier to balance the stats. The IVA could all be one space as well in this scenario. We lose the ability to use it independently of the Corvus, but I don't really think that's a huge loss to be honest.

Anyways, just some brainstorming on my part.

That image makes me so happy and so sad because its beautiful and it doesn't exist!

Sort of like this alt reality image from google. I think it's a cool look for gemini...http://www.foundation3d.com/uploads/studio/2013/08/13755-02-456665.jpg

The guy who made that also made the M.O.L.E, DSEV, and Multipurpose Colony Modules for MKS mods!

Edited by billbobjebkirk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.