Runway selfdestructs when launch heavy plane

Well, if the bump on physics load cannot be fixed easily (ex, something coming from the unity physics engine itself) a workaround could be to set the runway / launchpad as indestructible when the scene loads, and the game sets the runway / launchpad back to destructible only after the physics are fully loaded. (Basically absorb the 3g drop with indestructible building, then let the game switch back to normal)

Well, if the bump on physics load cannot be fixed easily (ex, something coming from the unity physics engine itself) a workaround could be to set the runway / launchpad as indestructible when the scene loads, and the game sets the runway / launchpad back to destructible only after the physics are fully loaded. (Basically absorb the 3g drop with indestructible building, then let the game switch back to normal)

This is basically what both the already released mod fixes for this issue do...

a workaround could be to set the runway / launchpad as indestructible when the scene loads, and the game sets the runway / launchpad back to destructible only after the physics are fully loaded.

Indeed, and it works fairly well. You just have to manage the timing and how it's done, so that buildings don't become permanently saved as indestructible since the game auto-saves at every launch.

As Padishar said, you can follow the links to small fixes that do exactly that.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285-0-25-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules

Ok, I'm back.

So I just built new 350t SSTO. This one just got 300t less weight than previous one(because of which I started this thread)

top view

bottom view

Plane got 7 pairs of wheels.

So I tried some things to launch safely my new plane:

1) Installed Kerbal Joint Reinforcement.

result: runway blow up.

2) + Installed Part Angle Display and adjust right angle of the plane(365,55). Put plane to ground in editor so it will fall from minimum height.

3) + with clamps

4) + launch in dry state(with mass 170t)

5) + used LargeCraftLaunchFix by Claw

So actually most of tips doesn't worked at all. Plane will launch for height of 1m(near kerbals height) whether of how close to ground I put him in editor. Sorry, Steven Mading, you were right about this and I was wrong.

So the only choise for me is to turn on "indestructable buildings" =(

Result images(of launch dry 170t plane with all options above):

Plane on clamps

Runway blows up 1

Runway blows up 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.