Testing Rocket Question

Hello,

I have a mission to test a rocket I think its LV-909 or something and the requirements are to test the rocket between 77,000 and 85,000 meters and on a suborbital trajectory. Well during my mission I got check marks for both of these things but then when I landed they weren't checked anymore. What did I do wrong? I just flew up and activated the engine then came down and landed. Thanks.

Hello,

I have a mission to test a rocket I think its LV-909 or something and the requirements are to test the rocket between 77,000 and 85,000 meters and on a suborbital trajectory. Well during my mission I got check marks for both of these things but then when I landed they weren't checked anymore. What did I do wrong? I just flew up and activated the engine then came down and landed. Thanks.

I think you need to test it while everything else is checked. Are you sure you activated the engine at the right time? Also, if you turned it on before you got there, you have to right click on it and click the "Test" option.

The check marks only indicate that you've met the conditions for the test.Once all the check marks have been filled, you then start the test. Some test requires you to activate the engine via staging (which means you'll need to preserve the engine in the staging queue before running it for the test), and other tests require you to activate the engine via the context menu.

Once you've made a successful test, the checkmarks disappear and they are all replaced with a CONTRACT SUCCESSFUL title on the list. You will no longer see the condition checkmarks and it confirms a successful test.

sbyPlig.png

Edited by Levelord

I think you need to test it while everything else is checked. Are you sure you activated the engine at the right time? Also, if you turned it on before you got there, you have to right click on it and click the "Test" option.

Just tested it again and there is no Test option

The check marks only indicate that you've met the conditions for the test.Once all the check marks have been filled, you then start the test. Some test requires you to activate the engine via staging (which means you'll need to preserve the engine in the staging queue before running it for the test), and other tests require you to activate the engine via the context menu.

Once you've made a successful test, the checkmarks disappear and they are all replaced with a CONTRACT SUCCESSFUL title on the list. You will no longer see the condition checkmarks and it confirms a successful test.

I see ... I had to wait until all conditions were met before activating the engine. Contract complete, thanks!

Just tested it again and there is no Test option

In that case you need to test via staging using the space bar. If you've already been using the engine just add a new stage below it by clicking on the + in the staging queue in the lower left of the screen and space back through to it when the test conditions are met.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.