IGNOBIL

[1.1.0] ORIGAMI foldable antenna dishes for RemoteTech v0.9

Recommended Posts

On 9/22/2015 at 6:04 PM, IGNOBIL said:

Sorry I've been a bit absent, this was my first go and since I've learned a lot about the modelling and textures, I'll release the full refurb on this with maybe two more antennas (a tiny inline 90Mm and a huge TDRS, just like NASA's) once 1.1 and the new stock deep space comes out! With optimised textures and models!

I really hope you still have this planned! I've got an idea for an opm inspired game that could really use that huge antenna :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rocinante89 said:

I really hope you still have this planned! I've got an idea for an opm inspired game that could really use that huge antenna :D

Yes, TDRS is still planned, bigger and better than ORI350, less electricity consuming and wider angle, but its huge (3m dish) and awkward, need to place it on top section of ship.

Here's some renders of where I am, having a bit of problem with the unfolding of the dish in the unity animation.

Meanwhile, ORI69 and ORI350 have been optimised with new textures and models for 1.0.5, download on the first page from Spacedock

 

TDRS-H%20Development.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IGNOBIL said:

but its huge (3m dish) and awkward, need to place it on top section of ship.

Lol, I fully intend to strap these to some kind of monstrous satellite and use infernal robotics to handle unfolding. The renders look awesome though! I'm a big fan of your style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@IGNOBIL Love your antennas! Deleted all the remote tech ones in favor of your models. There's one little messing up the beautiful screenshots. Your model has some z-fighting going on. Would be nice if you deleted or shifted a bit the unnecessary faces in your model.

These parts of the model flicker with camera movement.

3jRvPFO.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9 April 2016 at 5:24 PM, Enceos said:

@IGNOBIL Love your antennas! Deleted all the remote tech ones in favor of your models. There's one little messing up the beautiful screenshots. Your model has some z-fighting going on. Would be nice if you deleted or shifted a bit the unnecessary faces in your model.

These parts of the model flicker with camera movement.

3jRvPFO.png

Will do on the 1.1 update. Cool little antenna to be added too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found a bit of an issue with your Remotetech patch. You are using FOR[RemoteTech] instead of NEEDS[RemoteTech]. This creates a condition where ModuleManager sets Remotetech as True then applies the patch to both antennas (most obvious result is removal of manual folding/unfolding), but also others that have a RemoteTech patch. 

I changed FOR for a NEEDS and it now works fine both on your and the other antennas (Contares). It might change some of the modifiers inside the tags if RemoteTech is installed, but i was looking at making the antennas work like stock ones. They Do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mokmo said:

I have found a bit of an issue with your Remotetech patch. You are using FOR[RemoteTech] instead of NEEDS[RemoteTech]. This creates a condition where ModuleManager sets Remotetech as True then applies the patch to both antennas (most obvious result is removal of manual folding/unfolding), but also others that have a RemoteTech patch. 

I changed FOR for a NEEDS and it now works fine both on your and the other antennas (Contares). It might change some of the modifiers inside the tags if RemoteTech is installed, but i was looking at making the antennas work like stock ones. They Do.

Good catch!

Also I found installing the mod to be a bit messy - had to create and unpack it into my own more sensible folder structure since the download source on spacedock looked like a source archive.  Works fine, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2016 at 11:18 PM, Barklight said:

Good catch!

Also I found installing the mod to be a bit messy - had to create and unpack it into my own more sensible folder structure since the download source on spacedock looked like a source archive.  Works fine, though.

Sorry, I just installed through CKAN and it's inside Gamedata on the right place, can you elaborate?

@Mokmo, thanks, I'm going to upload a new update today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2016 at 11:24 AM, Enceos said:

@IGNOBIL Love your antennas! Deleted all the remote tech ones in favor of your models. There's one little messing up the beautiful screenshots. Your model has some z-fighting going on. Would be nice if you deleted or shifted a bit the unnecessary faces in your model.

These parts of the model flicker with camera movement.

3jRvPFO.png

Basically, all the hinges have z-fighting going on. It's happening on the LNB arm hinge too.

PgJUQfg.jpg

 

But I don't want to sound negative, these are some really beautiful models :)

 

On 4/23/2016 at 5:18 PM, Barklight said:

Good catch!

Also I found installing the mod to be a bit messy - had to create and unpack it into my own more sensible folder structure since the download source on spacedock looked like a source archive.  Works fine, though.

If I may answer for @Barklight inside the zip there's two folders, NAU and _MACOS.  I don't believe the _MACOS folder is needed. Most mods just unpack to a GameData folder which makes it clear where to put the files when installing manually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the _MACOS I can't do anything about it, that's just OSX putting it in the folder. 

The z-fighting is something I'm fixing, together with more antennas and Kerbalism support

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@IGNOBIL I took the liberty (I hope you don't mind) of reorganizing your directory structure (as mentioned above), corrected the RT patch (also mentioned above), updated the config files for both antennas to bring them inline for use on a purely stock install and also have created and included a new patch for Antenna Range (what got me started on this).  Here's the the link to the .zip file.

Reorganized ORIGAMI

This is really beautiful modelling work you've done on these!  I hope you introduce more models in this style since they are so unique looking compared to other antennas out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2016 at 10:07 PM, rasta013 said:

@IGNOBIL I took the liberty (I hope you don't mind) of reorganizing your directory structure (as mentioned above), corrected the RT patch (also mentioned above), updated the config files for both antennas to bring them inline for use on a purely stock install and also have created and included a new patch for Antenna Range (what got me started on this).  Here's the the link to the .zip file.

Reorganized ORIGAMI

This is really beautiful modelling work you've done on these!  I hope you introduce more models in this style since they are so unique looking compared to other antennas out there.

@rasta013, brilliant, thank you!

I'll wait to upload this with the new models after solving the z-fighting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I make a simple MM patch (I hope you don't mind) to make your antennas work with Toadicus' AntennaRange because I use AR rather than RT.

Download available on SpaceDock. Link

ModuleManager is required! 

Currently no pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/06/2016 at 6:07 AM, GSUI5051 said:

I make a simple MM patch (I hope you don't mind) to make your antennas work with Toadicus' AntennaRange because I use AR rather than RT.

Download available on SpaceDock. Link

ModuleManager is required! 

Currently no pics.

Thank you for the effort, but I'm getting a 401 error. Is the mod hidden or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2016 at 1:07 AM, GSUI5051 said:

I make a simple MM patch (I hope you don't mind) to make your antennas work with Toadicus' AntennaRange because I use AR rather than RT.

Download available on SpaceDock. Link

ModuleManager is required! 

Currently no pics.

BTW: There are two existing sets of configs for this in the AntennaRange thread and wiki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my. This mod looks very awesome!! :0.0::0.0:. Thank you ^_^

 

Btw, why it can't be extended in hangar and only can deployed when transmitting (otherwise it closes again)

Edited by AlphaKerman
problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kadrush said:

is the mod working with 1.1.3?

Probably. It only contain parts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to seeing these updated for 1.2. Does anyone have updated cfgs that work with the new KerbNet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kiro said:

Looking forward to seeing these updated for 1.2. Does anyone have updated cfgs that work with the new KerbNet?

Give this a try just tested it alittle on launch pad and all worked https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Test Parts/NAU.zip

Just unzip and copy to KSP/GameData   so it looks like KSP/GameData/NAU

Change the textures to DDS , max temp , added tags , bulkheadProfiles , PhysicsSignificance and change both MODULE  so it can be used in KSP 1.2

All credit to @IGNOBIL

License is GPLv2

Edited by Mecripp2
added license

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason the antennas won't stay deployed for me.  They unfold to transmit and then retract once it's finished.  Any ideas what's messing me up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McFortner said:

For some reason the antennas won't stay deployed for me.  They unfold to transmit and then retract once it's finished.  Any ideas what's messing me up?

You can try this edit the cfg open it with something like notepad fine where you see

DeployFxModules = 0 

And change it to 

DeployFxModules = 1 

 

Edited by Mecripp2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2016 at 11:22 PM, MeCripp said:

Give this a try just tested it alittle on launch pad and all worked https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Test Parts/NAU.zip

Just unzip and copy to KSP/GameData   so it looks like KSP/GameData/NAU

Change the textures to DDS , max temp , added tags , bulkheadProfiles , PhysicsSignificance and change both MODULE  so it can be used in KSP 1.2

All credit to @IGNOBIL

License is GPLv2

@MeCripp Do you still have that file per chance? I recently had a fresh install and lost a lot of mods.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.