[WIP] [1.0.5] 2-Kerbal Command Pod [Mk. 1-1 A2] ( Alpha 0.4) {SpaceDock}

Yarbrough08

I like it. Reminds me of a SpaceX style, but the size of the Near Future 2-man capsule. I will probably give it a go once its released.

Any chance of a 4-man capsule version? Like a stretchy 2.5 meter variant? I don't think anyone has ever made a 4-person capsule; there is only 1, 3 and 7 capacity capsules.

Beautiful capsule!

Capsule sinks into ground (collider problem? )Edit: I'm using 64bit on windows

A custom decoupler would allow better attachment to 2.5m parts (you already have this planned i bet)

Thanks Yarbrough!

Edited by angusmcbeth

Great looking capsule.

However, I have encountered a problem when reentering kerbin atmostphere with the sdhi parachute docking port, it heats up and burns up. I am using DRE on hard configuration.

I don't know if this is an issue on my end or other people have had the same issue with parts attached to the top node where a nosecone or docking port might be.

Thanks!

utxJ9qY.png

Great capsule: it'll really fill a niche for me (Apollo-like missions, but with only two Kerbals, because the two-Kerbal landing pod is ridiculously overweight).

A few comments: #1, it has no electrical charge storage, #2, it seems to have a rather disproportionate amount of RCS fuel, and #3, it would be nice if it came packaged with a decoupler/stack separator. It's also a little bit more prone to heat conduction than it really should be when there's still ablative heatshielding left, but it isn't insta-death.

If you believe...something like this i wait all this time i play the KSP game....a command pod like this,its like stock,but 100 times more beautyfull (my opinion)!

From now,its my basic pod...thank you,and if you can keep it up!!!

I like because you will add RPM monitor!!!

Alpha 0.3 Released

- IVA layout changed (Stock Props Complete)

- Added lights to the IVA

- Interior model touch up and UV'd

- Airlock wall, hatch, and cover added

Helmets are now off. Let me know what all of you think about this, because honestly I can't make up my mind.

This will be the last of these rapid releases. Which brings me to my roadmap:

I'm going to start modeling props both for stock and RPM use, so I'm not going to be releasing everyday anymore.

After I complete the RPM IVA, I'll call it in Beta, and start polishing. Texturing, detailing, cleaning.

Edited by Yarbrough08

Alpha 0.3 Released

http://imgur.com/a/TDIvA

•IVA layout changed (Stock Props Complete)

•Added lights to the IVA

•Interior model touch up and UV'd

•Airlock wall, hatch, and cover added

Helmets are now off. Let me know what all of you think about this, because honestly I can't make up my mind.

This will be the last of these rapid releases. Which brings me to my roadmap:

I'm going to start modeling props both for stock and RPM use, so I'm not going to be releasing everyday anymore.

After I complete the RPM IVA, I'll call it in Beta, and start polishing. Texturing, detailing, cleaning.

Im asking this without downloading and I know I can answer it by just playing with is there TAC support for this?

Ok, my first though systems test is complete:

The mission was quite successful, and I did not encounter any problems with the capsule. I did not have any issues with heating (other than my solar panels attached to the side burned) outside of what is already a concern of attaching objects radially (too close to the heatshield and the'll burn). I also did not have any problems with the collider sinking into the ground (ST-1 occurred in a 10x RSS). If anyone else finds any issues, let me know because I am going to start on modeling props for RPM IVA tomorrow.

Edited by Yarbrough08

I tried this pod out yesterday, and I have to say that I'm impressed. Not only is it very pretty, but it's also perfect for lifting reentries with FAR. I managed to land on the top of the VAB, using only the aerodynamics of the pod, and a parachute. No rocket-assisted landing, and I was easily able to bring it down just where I wanted.

drtedastro said:
Like giving the little green guys longer arms and legs.... lol....

tape a book to the peddles and some stick to the throttles... then they can reach them....

Yeah, there arms only stick out as far as their feet when they are sitting. You would have to lock them in there seats in order for them to interact with any control panel lol..

Anyone want a release with a new instrument panel and seats? (as well as additional minor tweaks of both the interior and exterior, some noticeable and some not)

Edited by Yarbrough08

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.